2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

very small number of people, and base the rest of it off Shrine Bowl.

It sure seems that way.  I have read the Pats have the smallest draft board in the NFL. They only want guys that fit the system which has been a failure post TB.

It very frustrating seeing them past good players you like and take guys from bowl PRACTICE games. Games and practice without pads or rules dumb down.... no stunts, blitzing.

Ex pass on Trent McDuffie,Kaiir Elam, Tyler Smith, Tyler Linderbaum ,Jermaine Johnson II, Daxton Hill and other for a Shrine bowl  OG Strange.

What frustrates me in 2023 thay wouldn't need to take ( has nothing to do with the player they picked) Gonzalez if they went with Trent McDuffie. IMO was/ is a much better prospect than Shrine bowl hero Strange, as the other I listed.

They would be looking at the two WR in 2023 if they took care of CB position earlier.   Yes you can say it hind-sight however they did it with Strange.  They picked to fill a hole not the best player. Yes look to fill holes however NEVER reach for a player for need.

Major holes that they created for not planning.  just look at our past problems

WR   --- Made dumb trades to help Brady than took Harry,  desperate need.

Gronk --- Everyone knew he was gone nothing to replace on the roster, year later the TE disaster in the draft.

CB    ---  JC Jackson  They new he was gone and didn't draft a replacement the year before.

OL  ----   That's been a disaster since post TB. Still no plan and with all the picks NO OT !!!!!!!

It funny,  they trade 100 picks to draft 2 TEs while everyone one on this board and the draft world screaming for the Pats to go after an OT this year !!!!!   You can say they didn't see the (fit their system crap) value and I would say than explain the 3rd RD pick while every team were trading picks for peanuts.  You had your choice basically for a top tier in this draft  OT, WR and especially TE. 

There is no way you can convince me that was the best we could do with our 3rd RD pick !!!! The time he see the field BB will be retired. if he make it with a new coach!!!!

Edited by m haynes

Just watch our new kicker. You have to see him in action to understand, picking him in the 4th.  He's kicking 50+ higher in the net than the goal post!!!!! Also listen to the announcer at one point he said,  he was perfect inside the 50!!!!!

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

It sure seems that way.  I have read the Pats have the smallest draft board in the NFL. They only want guys that fit the system which has been a failure post TB.

It very frustrating seeing them past good players you like and take guys from bowl PRACTICE games. Games and practice without pads or rules dumb down.... no stunts, blitzing.

Ex pass on Trent McDuffie,Kaiir Elam, Tyler Smith, Tyler Linderbaum ,Jermaine Johnson II, Daxton Hill and other for a Shrine bowl  OG Strange.

What frustrates me in 2023 thay wouldn't need to take ( has nothing to do with the player they picked) Gonzalez if they went with Trent McDuffie. IMO was/ is a much better prospect than Shrine bowl hero Strange, as the other I listed.

They would be looking at the two WR in 2023 if they took care of CB position earlier.   Yes you can say it hind-sight however they did it with Strange.  They picked to fill a hole not the best player. Yes look to fill holes however NEVER reach for a player for need.

Major holes that they created for not planning.  just look at our past problems

WR   --- Made dumb trades to help Brady than took Harry,  desperate need.

Gronk --- Everyone knew he was gone nothing to replace on the roster, year later the TE disaster in the draft.

CB    ---  JC Jackson  They new he was gone and didn't draft a replacement the year before.

OL  ----   That's been a disaster since post TB. Still no plan and with all the picks NO OT !!!!!!!

It funny,  they trade 100 picks to draft 2 TEs while everyone one on this board and the draft world screaming for the Pats to go after an OT this year !!!!!   You can say they didn't see the (fit their system crap) value and I would say than explain the 3rd RD pick while every team were trading picks for peanuts.  You had your choice basically for a top tier in this draft  OT, WR and especially TE. 

There is no way you can convince me that was the best we could do with our 3rd RD pick !!!! The time he see the field BB will be retired. if he make it with a new coach!!!!

You know, I've always thought Bill considers the draft something he 'has' to do. You know like we 'have to' go to school, or attend that meeting, or visit relatives you don't like....it's just something to get over and done with. I honestly feel like Bill considers the draft in the same way. 

He loves coaching and developing players, he loves figuring things out mid-game, he loves winning games. He can't stand anything else, and that includes scouting.

Again, just trying to get inside his mind. Could be very wrong.

17 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Are you frigging kidding me!!!!!! He's kicking it 60+ yards with 5+ hang time !!!!! Lisen to the coach at the 245 mark. " Nice video " ... YOU THINK !!!

He's the best punter in college last year, but again, I just wouldn't use a draft pick on kickers or punters. I don't mind this one so much as the Ryland one. 6th is OK. 

Who's the best punter recently? Hekker, right? Undrafted

McAfee was R7 222. Feagles - undrafted. Cameron Johnston is probably the best now - undrafted.

You can get these players. 

Did some research after watching Sidy Sow.  He has numbers compared to Darnell Wright.  IMO he moves better, not as stiff in the legs. 

Watch several videos and IMO he can play/start RT.  MOF its looks like your watching Wright in a different uniform.  Most likely Wright has more talent based on what we have look at however this kid has tools.

I have to wonder what they are doing with Onwenu. 99.9% he's traded or not given a contract if this kid show out.  He stay if the move to RT works which is a good possibility based on what i have look at. Here's a great tape to see Wright comparison and skills for RT.

21 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You know, I've always thought Bill considers the draft something he 'has' to do.

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% correct, I thought that for years. I'll just call my buddies, I can't waste the time.  Also on trades another hassle. Oh,  just get someone or something back I can't be bothered!!!!!

Jimmy G for a 2nd RD, GMAFB !!!!!!   Wentz stinks and team are send multiple pick!!!!!!!

You hear/read ex Pats scouts backing up what we are saying. Frustrating.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He's the best punter in college last year, but again, I just wouldn't use a draft pick on kickers or punters. I don't mind this one so much as the Ryland one. 6th is OK. 

Who's the best punter recently? Hekker, right? Undrafted

McAfee was R7 222. Feagles - undrafted. Cameron Johnston is probably the best now - undrafted.

You can get these players. 

Two of the best ever were Ray Guy (1st Rd) and Shane Lechler 3rd rd.  Guy worth every (1st RD) penny!!!

You have to understand and take my word on this.  I have watched Pats 50 + years. There is nothing worse than watching kicking disaster year in and year out.  I don't care where they are drafted as long as they can play. 

Also I had to watch Ray Guy destroy us every year. He won so many games of the Raiders it was ridiculous.  Yes, I know you can get one UDFA however it still hit or miss.   No you can't use the Marshall kid for a reason why not becasue it BB make another off the wall screw up. Bass the best in the country was on the board. idiot!!! I would gladly give up a 3rd for Bass (draft do over) the Bills kicker for the next 10/15 years. Nothing better than sleeping at night knowing you have a kicker!!!

Make this clear, you take the best in the country with high pick like  Moody or Ryland. defiantly go UDFA if there are  no one with there resume. These guys have a history of excellence, you take the risk just like all high picks. The odds are in you favor.

The Bear and Charger have wasted year with crap kickers. The Charger had like 100 in one season !!!!!

19 hours ago, m haynes said:

Are you frigging kidding me!!!!!! He's kicking it 60+ yards with 5+ hang time !!!!! Lisen to the coach at the 245 mark. " Nice video " ... YOU THINK !!!

What a leg. Ryland also has the same combine training video. Guess whose holding the ball for him? Baringer is. Seems like they've been working together for a while behind the scenes and getting lots of reps. It's not just one senior/shrine game.

5 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

What a leg. Ryland also has the same combine training video. Guess whose holding the ball for him? Baringer is. Seems like they've been working together for a while behind the scenes and getting lots of reps. It's not just one senior/shrine game.

Wow

It amazes me how far they can kick it with the height they get on the ball.  Back if the day I tried kicking field goals, lucky to hit from 20 yards just getting it over the post!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

How they heck did the Patriots get Christian Gonzalez again?  My guess is that guy will go to multiple Pro Bowls and should be a starter from day one.  Forbes is good who went ahead of him but Gonzalez is way better and is so smooth in coverage, Patriots got themselves a star corner right there.

Not to mention Keion White who was a steal as well and should have been a 1st rounder, he could be a super star as well on the DL.  Plus they got very solid depth on the OL and developmental guys and would not be surprised if Douglas sneaks his way onto the roster or Bolden for that matter.  

• Like 1