2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Sidy Sow

He's a monster!!!!   His background is impressive. He's 6'5 323 lbs. Played handball and was a weight lifter.

Check out his Bio and numbers

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sidy-sow/3200534f-5704-4268-3a10-28073084590f

New starting OG.  Sow and Hines !!!!!!!!

Interesting prospect for sure! I for one am pumped on the depth we are building. No issues when it comes to “next man up” is something all Pats fans should be happy about. We’re still a long way out from September as far as other offensive moves are concerned.

The last three picks where not invited to the combine. BB did not go to the combine!!!!!!

Ok my thoughts we have OG starters and no OTs, what do we draft OGs !!!!  That's now at least 5 on the team.

OT we have nothing but junk. Your best is Trent frigging Brown

My thoughts BB is nuts !!!!

My son just said Owenni could be moved to RT ?????

BB roster management is awful. His plan is nonexistent.  He can't draft to save his like. He has wasted  100+ million on TE, WR and ST.

His coaching staff  is weak to say the least .

Sorry for the heat but I'm pissed. 

This is a frigging joke, not one WR ???? I don't want to hear, the draft didn't fall that way. Than its YOUR job TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. He uses this BS every year and we than watch drafted  WRs  kill it in the NFL.

This offense is a joke what has he done to improve it to keep up with today's NFL. NOT A DAMN THING !!!

Riley Reiff and JJS  GMAFB !!!!  

Pats on the clock ( rest of the draft) OG OG OG OG OG OG

Edited by m haynes

Just now, DoleINGout said:

cole strange might really suck and these picks suggest that. i think onwenu might be the rt

unless they go

calvin anderson-sidny sow-david andrews-michael onwenu-trent brown which is okay but then cole strange is a backup which is kind of where he is best…

53 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

cole strange might really suck and these picks suggest that. i think onwenu might be the rt

I'm completely lost. What is he doing? This makes no sense.

@DoleINGout  I agree this look like a change but that seems crazy.  

Your remarks is the only thing that makes sense.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

The last three picks where not invited to the combine. BB did not go to the combine!!!!!!

Ok my thoughts we have OG starters and no OTs, what do we draft OGs !!!!  That's now at least 5 on the team.

OT we have nothing but junk. Your best is Trent frigging Brown

My thoughts BB is nuts !!!!

My son just said Owenni could be moved to RT ?????

BB roster management is awful. His plan is nonexistent.  He can't draft to save his like. He has wasted  100+ million on TE, WR and ST.

His coaching staff  is weak to say the least .

Sorry for the heat but I'm pissed. 

This is a frigging joke, not one WR ???? I don't want to hear, the draft didn't fall that way. Than its YOUR job TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. He uses this BS every year and we than watch drafted  WRs  kill it in the NFL.

This offense is a joke what has he done to improve it to keep up with today's NFL. NOT A DAMN THING !!!

Riley Reiff and JJS  GMAFB !!!!  

Pats on the clock ( rest of the draft) OG OG OG OG OG OG

Go look at the last 25 drafts, this team is great at developing defensive backs, defense front seven, and interior offensive lineman.  GREAT.  Pro bowler after pro bowler.

What are they not good at?  Scouting and developing wide receivers.  The two successes I can think of going back 15 years were a 7th round pick and a UDFA (Edelman and Meyers).  N'Keal Harry, Malcolm Mitchell, Aaron Dobson, Taylor Price, Brandon Tate, and of course the great Chad Jackson didn't work out too well.

Do we really want to waste another high draft pick on the next N'Keal Harry?  I'd rather see Bill spend picks on boring o-line/d-line/cornerback depth and figure out the skill positions some other way.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Go look at the last 25 drafts, this team is great at developing defensive backs, defense front seven, and interior offensive lineman.  GREAT.  Pro bowler after pro bowler.

What are they not good at?  Scouting and developing wide receivers.  The two successes I can think of going back 15 years were a 7th round pick and a UDFA (Edelman and Meyers).  N'Keal Harry, Malcolm Mitchell, Aaron Dobson, Taylor Price, Brandon Tate, and of course the great Chad Jackson didn't work out too well.

Do we really want to waste another high draft pick on the next N'Keal Harry?  I'd rather see Bill spend picks on boring o-line/d-line/cornerback depth and figure out the skill positions some other way.  

You are right, dead on however who is the GM that has no clue when it comes to WRs? What has he done to fix the MAJOR problem?  Nothing.

Any competent GM that has major problem for the last 20+ would fix it or he would be replaced.  Today NFL is all about passing and scoring points and you have no solution to solve this problem which by the way would be easy to fix if the GM didn't give jobs to relatives, buddies or unprepared yes men. 

I'll make this easy get a competent WR coach that has years of experience to fix the problem or pack you bags. The coach  for the WR is Troy Brown has what 2 yrs experience, yes he played the position that doesn't mean he can coach. Also forgot,  what do you call Fat Matt and Judge who the GM put in charge of the problem??? A complete disaster. He should lose his job just on that blunder alone. He costing his ( prime time ) organization millions.

Last all his accomplishment came off the back of Tom Brady, MOF he the prime reason for BB success. He cover most of the problems through his play.

I'm sick and tired hearing about his PAST accomplishments, they are just excuses used to cover the complete failure post Tom Brady.

BB post Brady

No plan at QB, Newton.

No plan post Gronk.   Dalton Keene !!!!!

Hired Fat Matt to run his offense. has to be one of the dumbest move in Pats history. It was a complete disaster.

Drafted a OG in the 1st round becasue he had no plan. Problem, he himself created.  Farris!!!!

Spent 100+ million on Te and WR and is been a disaster.

Let Meyers go, the one WR that played well with your young QB with a has been JJS.

OT have no plan and keeping failures on the roster or get them off the Jag wire. Look at what he did to fix the problem bring in more JAGS!!!

Last but not lease he is a losing coach, post Brady and his team is trending downward.  He is now the worst team in the AFC east !!!!!  That's 4 year with one disaster after another.

BB the excuses and past accomplishments don't cut it any more. You past 5 years (TB last year) have been a complete disaster.   YOUR FIRED !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

7 minutes ago, m haynes said:

You are right, dead on however who is the GM that has no clue when it comes to WRs? What has he done to fix the MAJOR problem?  Nothing.

Any competent GM that has major problem for the last 20+ would fix it or he would be replaced.  Today NFL is all about passing and scoring points and you have no solution to solve this problem which by the way would be easy to fix if the GM didn't give jobs to relatives, buddies or unprepared yes men. 

I'll make this easy get a competent WR coach that has years of experience to fix the problem or pack you bags. The coach  for the WR is Troy Brown who has what 2 yrs experience, yes he played the position that doesn't mean he can coach. Also forgot,  what do you call Fat Matt and Judge who the GM put in charge of the problem??? A complete disaster. He should lose his job just on that blunder alone. He costing his ( prime time ) organization millions.

Last all his accomplishment came off the back of Tom Brady, MOF he the prime reason for BB success. He cover most of the problems and through his play.

I'm sick and tired hearing about his PAST accomplishments they are just excuse used to cover the complete failure post Tom Brady.

BB post Brady

No plan at QB, Newton.

No plan post Gronk.   Dalton Keene !!!!!

Hired Fat Matt to run his offense. has to be one of the dumbest move in Pats history. It was a complete disaster.

Drafted a OG in the 1st round becasue he had no plan. Problem, he himself created.  Farris!!!!

Spent 100+ million on Te and WR and is been a disaser.

Let Meyers go, the one WR that played well with your young QB with a has been JJS.

Last but not lease he is a losing coach, post Brady and his team is trending downward.  He is now the worst team in the AFC east !!!!!  That's 4 year with one disaster after another.

BB the excuses and past accomplishments don't cut it any more. You past 5 years (TB last year) have been a complete disaster.   YOUR FIRED !!!!!!!!!!!!

Its really all about how you spin it, I think the record is plenty strong in the balance of things...  

Drafting WR was not such an issue when Brady was around.  He's had plenty of success bringing in WR through trade and free agency.  Moss, Welker, Amendola, etc.  Plenty of success drafting and developing tight ends and running backs.

Nobody is perfect, no system is perfect, every team has positions they are better or worse at developing. 

Losing Brady was always going to be a massive setback.  How many teams lose an all-time QB and bounce right back?  Bill was also set back because of Brady's ego and unwillingness to have his "replacement" on the roster and Kraft backing him up on that.  I'm not taking Bill's side over Brady by any means, but its the truth. 

2020 was a reset year.  It wasn't fun but it landed us a top QB prospect.  2021 the offense was PRETTY GOOD with a rookie QB and looked set to take off.  Bringing in Patricia as OC was a big mistake.  Maybe the biggest mistake Bill has made here.  Its been corrected, Mac is still the same guy he was two years ago, and they have more weapons now than they did in 2021.  I'm not saying everything is perfect but lets give this offense time with a real OC to see what we've got. 

In the meantime I'd rather see Bill doing what he does best, bringing in youth/depth on defense and the o-line, rather than trying to solve the worlds problems drafting a WR who is more than likely going to bust.

Boutte is a lottery ticket but any WR the Patriots drafts is a lottery ticket, I feel better buying that lottery ticket when we've added a bunch of talent to offense, defense, and special teams that we can feel more confident in.