Week 13: Broncos @ Ravens

DreamKid

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Y'all are saying the offense looks better regardless of who is an MVP or a backup aren't you?

RIght now the offense looks better, yeah. If Huntley plays multiple weeks and the offense is even close to what Lamar was doing, how can someone justify paying Lamar at that point? If his play is similar to the level of our backup, how do you justify giving that guy $300M?

I realize I'm shifting the goal posts a little bit, but for right now in this game the offense has objectively looked better with Huntley at QB.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If Huntley plays multiple weeks and the offense is even close to what Lamar was doing, how can someone justify paying Lamar at that point? If his play is similar to the level of our backup, how do you justify giving that guy $300M?

I'd agree that this would be a valid point if it happens. Multiple being at least 4 games for me.

As long as it's tied to actual offensive production (like points per drive). Lamar has always had a high baseline of offensive production. He has very few games in his carreer producing less than 20 points.

Y'all are saying the offense looks better regardless of who is an MVP or a backup aren't you?

Um, no?

I'm saying:

A. Lamar hasn't played well for 7-8 weeks now.

B. Tyler Huntley came in the game and started connecting on some rhythm throws that Lamar was not hitting when he was in/has been struggling with lately.

You seem to have this issue every time this discussion comes up. Not sure if it's you getting emotional about any and all Lamar critiques or what, but someone saying that Lamar isn't playing well during a particular stretch or saying Huntley looks better throwing in rhythm right now than Lamar did isn't some universal judgement on who is better, or who is better for the offense moving forward, etc. 

It's akin to someone noting "hey, Faalele looks like he's moving people in the run game more than Mekari has the past few games", and then you going on a tangent about how Mekari is better etc.

Like, we know. We know Lamar Jackson is a better QB than Tyler Huntley. But we're able to reconcile that with the reality that Lamar hasn't been playing well as of late - especially in the short/rhythm passing game, and that Huntly came in and looked more comfortable in that area - something you've been unable to do for whatever reason.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I'd agree that this would be a valid point if it happens. Multiple being at least 4 games for me.

As long as it's tied to actual offensive production (like points per drive). Lamar has always had a high baseline of offensive production. He has very few games in his carreer producing less than 20 points.

Is there a way to calculate or get PPD for a collection of games so we can evaluate PPD with Lamar vs. PPD with Huntley? Idk how to manually calculate that without going through the game logs manually 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is there a way to calculate or get PPD for a collection of games so we can evaluate PPD with Lamar vs. PPD with Huntley? Idk how to manually calculate that without going through the game logs manually 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/index.htm

^ Search for the drive averages section. Ravens currently at 2.27 points per drive which in 9th in the league going into todays game.

Football Outsiders I think subtracts end of half drives and drives ended by half which is better, but they are behind a pay wall.

• Like 1

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/index.htm

^ Search for the drive averages section. Ravens currently at 2.27 points per drive which in 9th in the league going into todays game.

Football Outsiders I think subtracts end of half drives and drives ended by half which is better, but they are behind a pay wall.

Beautiful. If we get a meaningful sample size I'll be sure to do a comparison!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

RIght now the offense looks better, yeah. If Huntley plays multiple weeks and the offense is even close to what Lamar was doing, how can someone justify paying Lamar at that point? If his play is similar to the level of our backup, how do you justify giving that guy $300M?

I realize I'm shifting the goal posts a little bit, but for right now in this game the offense has objectively looked better with Huntley at QB.

You jump the gun so often man lol