Week 14: NY Jets vs BUF Bills

Bobby816

Wasn't Mike white like 30 yards away from being up there with Mahomes with most 300 yard performances within first how many starts? 

We need the OL to play better. The Bills defense is tough, we are facing much easier defenses the rest of the way. Our offense needs to get it going, I expect White to start throwing TD passes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

What exactly are you trying to say then? Just “We don’t have a QB still”???

And no, White plays the QB position at a much higher level than Zach so he doesn’t deserve “criticism the same way Wilson does” 

He lost to two of the best teams in the league in team losses and we have no better option to go with. The fact that he didn’t light up the stat sheet really doesn’t matter.

He's 1-2 as a starter and has 0 TDs in the last 2 weeks. HE 100% DESERVES CRITICISM!!!

Once again. I'm not saying we need to put Wilson back in or start Flacco. My point is merely that White deserves criticism and some of you all who are on this high thinking he's been really good, need to come back to reality. If Wilson the last 2 weeks was 0-2 with 0 TDs and 2 INTs people would be calling for his head. Can't let just bc you liked the breathe of fresh air of White, alter that he in fact hasn't done enough these last 2 weeks to win games that our defense 100% played well enough in that the QB should lead them to win no less than 1 of those games.

First off I like the the 4th and 1 and kicking it. Why end the game there? You miss that 4th and 1 you lose. You need 2 scores so get one now. The D did what they had to and you had 48 seconds and a timeout to get a TD. The Jets where moving the ball pretty good too. The Flacco turnover was killer and Mosley jumping on the 4th and 1 was stupid. Then you add the carter fumble with all the flags. This team was lucky to even have a chance to win at the end. White was in and out all day long too. Saleh needs to grow a pair and tell everyone that White is the starter for the season and Wilson will back him up. Flacco will be inactive. I personal would cut Flacco and go with that QB on the PS as 3rd. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He's 1-2 as a starter and has 0 TDs in the last 2 weeks. HE 100% DESERVES CRITICISM!!!

Once again. I'm not saying we need to put Wilson back in or start Flacco. My point is merely that White deserves criticism and some of you all who are on this high thinking he's been really good, need to come back to reality. If Wilson the last 2 weeks was 0-2 with 0 TDs and 2 INTs people would be calling for his head. Can't let just bc you liked the breathe of fresh air of White, alter that he in fact hasn't done enough these last 2 weeks to win games that our defense 100% played well enough in that the QB should lead them to win no less than 1 of those games.

So you’re complaining that people aren’t criticizing White enough? Okay, that’s fair. But you compared his play to that of ZW in NE game #2 and thats a very different kind of critique.

11 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

So you’re complaining that people aren’t criticizing White enough? Okay, that’s fair. But you compared his play to that of ZW in NE game #2 and thats a very different kind of critique.

38 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Wasn't Mike white like 30 yards away from being up there with Mahomes with most 300 yard performances within first how many starts? 

We need the OL to play better. The Bills defense is tough, we are facing much easier defenses the rest of the way. Our offense needs to get it going, I expect White to start throwing TD passes. 

Yards don't equal good play. Wins and Losses quite frankly are all that matter right? We're a team designed that can win without good QB play. Looks at Wilson's record this year for example. But this love for White as if he's 3-0 and throwing for 2-3 TDs each week has to stop. He's not throwing TDs the same way Wilson wasn't. Yes he's moving the ball more and spreading the ball around and such. But he's not scoring and winning. So he's still not good. He's just better than Wilson was.

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yards don't equal good play. Wins and Losses quite frankly are all that matter right? We're a team designed that can win without good QB play. Looks at Wilson's record this year for example. But this love for White as if he's 3-0 and throwing for 2-3 TDs each week has to stop. He's not throwing TDs the same way Wilson wasn't. Yes he's moving the ball more and spreading the ball around and such. But he's not scoring and winning. So he's still not good. He's just better than Wilson was.

We aren’t saying entirely different things, he’s an average QB who’s the best option we have. Not a world beater but doesn’t appear to be holding the offense back. We don’t have another option so it’s a moot point.

Missing out on Trevor Lawrence is going to hurt as bad as we all said it would. Everyone would be envious of the Jets situation right now (assuming we end up with mostly the same players) Zach Wilson being awful really puts a damper on what could have been an all time re build 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm sorry but I have to call BS on this. Zach had 1 Td pass in his first 4 starts this season all while having Breece Hall and Corey Davis healthy. 1 TD and 2 INTs in 4 games and we all said "eh hes not losing us the games". In denver we were not a threat to score a single TD after Breece's 70 yard run and after he got hurt. 

You are also starting to just talk box score and not give context, your better than that. White threw a ball behind Davis while he was absolutely getting interfered with. The ball was not a good pass but it was also not a ball that was near a defender to pick off if not for Davis deflecting the pass in the air while getting assaulted by the defender. His other pick was a last play of the game ball that he simply had to get rid of to at least give us a chance. Is what it is. If you want to talk about pass that shoulda coulda woulda, which is just exhausting and not worth it, we can talk all day about many other QBs including Zach, who have numerous balls dropped by defenders. 

The fact is, quality of defenses or not, White has played a bad Chicago team in the pouring cold rain and was excellent. Played a decent game in Minnesota in which we kept fighting back and although he was far from perfect, his 1-6 attempts in the redzone were due mostly to other players mistakes. Yesterday he played another gutsy game on the road in the freezing rain/snow which was a divisional rivalry in which, again, other players mistakes cost us. You can say hes 1-2 all you want but we lost games to the #2 seed in the NFC on the road and #2 in the AFC on the road and had chances to win both games. 

IDGAF who the QB is, I was pro Zach. I have defended Zach, but the offense is night and day better with Mike White and Mike Whites ability to process is not only twice as fast, his accuracy is better as well. Nothing I am saying is suggesting we can't criticize him, he's far from perfect, but in a league where there are very few options at QB and the fact that drafting another one high would cost us a ton we can't afford, I think its wise to make sure we know what he is considering his clock here is ticking. Zach's is not. 

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I'm sorry but I have to call BS on this. Zach had 1 Td pass in his first 4 starts this season all while having Breece Hall and Corey Davis healthy. 1 TD and 2 INTs in 4 games and we all said "eh hes not losing us the games". In denver we were not a threat to score a single TD after Breece's 70 yard run and after he got hurt. 

You are also starting to just talk box score and not give context, your better than that. White threw a ball behind Davis while he was absolutely getting interfered with. The ball was not a good pass but it was also not a ball that was near a defender to pick off if not for Davis deflecting the pass in the air while getting assaulted by the defender. His other pick was a last play of the game ball that he simply had to get rid of to at least give us a chance. Is what it is. If you want to talk about pass that shoulda coulda woulda, which is just exhausting and not worth it, we can talk all day about many other QBs including Zach, who have numerous balls dropped by defenders. 

The fact is, quality of defenses or not, White has played a bad Chicago team in the pouring cold rain and was excellent. Played a decent game in Minnesota in which we kept fighting back and although he was far from perfect, his 1-6 attempts in the redzone were due mostly to other players mistakes. Yesterday he played another gutsy game on the road in the freezing rain/snow which was a divisional rivalry in which, again, other players mistakes cost us. You can say hes 1-2 all you want but we lost games to the #2 seed in the NFC on the road and #2 in the AFC on the road and had chances to win both games. 

IDGAF who the QB is, I was pro Zach. I have defended Zach, but the offense is night and day better with Mike White and Mike Whites ability to process is not only twice as fast, his accuracy is better as well. Nothing I am saying is suggesting we can't criticize him, he's far from perfect, but in a league where there are very few options at QB and the fact that drafting another one high would cost us a ton we can't afford, I think its wise to make sure we know what he is considering his clock here is ticking. Zach's is not. 

Ya and he was 4-0 in those games. Winning hides a lot. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya and he was 4-0 in those games. Winning hides a lot. 

Wins are a team stat and I’ll always stand by that

Zach Wilson was not the reason we won those games and anyone that watched knows that. Do we credit Mark Sanchez?

I guess we could all sit here and point out the flaws in MW game but it means nothing because he still gives us the best chance to win.

11 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Wins are a team stat and I’ll always stand by that

Zach Wilson was not the reason we won those games and anyone that watched knows that. Do we credit Mark Sanchez?

I guess we could all sit here and point out the flaws in MW game but it means nothing because he still gives us the best chance to win.

Best chance to win doesn’t exclude being criticized. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Criticize away, but don’t act like he’s Zach Wilson out there

He looks better for sure. But at the end of the day is 1-2 as a starter the same that Flacco was and Wilson was 5-2. We 100% look better with White out there. But it’s not ending in wins.

Right now we are a one dimensional  team we can't run the ball in the red zone, because we have a horrible run blocking O line. White is forced to pass to get the ball down field and has done that. As we stand now if Z Wilson, was not the second overall pick in the draft, he would be on the Jets scout team because he has a bad attitudle and his horrible play, Wilson is lost right now and his teammates know that.

Edited by doumeyer

31 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Right now we are a one dimensional  team we can't run the ball in the red zone, because we have a horrible run blocking O line. White is forced to pass to get the ball down field and has done that. As we stand now if Z Wilson, was not the second overall pick in the draft, he would be on the Jets scout team because he has a bad attitudle and his horrible play, Wilson is lost right now and his teammates know that.

The line held up initially well after AVT went down, but seems like it’s been on a steady decline. Would have to check the stats