Week 14: NY Jets vs BUF Bills

Bobby816

The way I see it is we need to win 3 out of these last 5 games to make it into the playoffs for sure. There's this game and the last game vs Miami that look the hardest for us. The games in between are easier, but it is the NFL and no game is easy.

Now to the actual game. No secret here that BUF is one of the best teams in the league and it was our close win against them that started people talking about us as a serious team this year. Make no mistake that they'll want revenge against us in this one and for sure wont overlook or underestimate us. So I expect us to get the best version of BUF that we've seen.

Some storylines here are that against BUF last year was when White threw 4 INTs and was benched after. He's talked about that game this season and has said he learned a lot from that game. Well it's time to see if that's actually true. He threw for yards this last week against MIN, but lets not forget that he threw 0 TDs in that game to 2 INTs. So he's coming off not that best performance. BUF secondary is healthy now and Milano is back. We got a bit of a break last time we played them, where they had some injuries in the secondary and Milano was out the leader of their D. The pros for us going against them on D though are that Von and Rousseau are out. So the BUF pass rush and DL as a whole isn't elite anymore bc of injuries. So running the ball and giving White time to throw should be easier.

On offense I actually want the game plan to be to run the ball until they show they can stop it. Heavy dose of BAM and challenge the OL to have their best week of the season. The start loading the box? Make them pay with Wilson and Moore on quick hitters and a few shots down field.

I think stopping BUF offense is nearly impossible. You have to hope to slow it down. Allen was affective with his legs in our 1st game but wasn't great throwing the ball. I expect him to be better throwing the ball this week. So I think on offense we'll have to score more to stand a chance. Limit Diggs and Davis. They'll get there's like JJ and Thielen did. But don't let them take over. Who they use at RB is a question. Cook looks to "maybe" have taken over as the starter. But Singletary will still get touches as well. RBs have hurt us the last few weeks. We have to tackle better to contain that BUF offense.

Prediction

NYJ: 20

BUF: 27

• Like 1

I think Von Miller being out this game is HUGE. He is a big part of the pass rush. I think MLF and the WR have learned from the Vikings game what they need to do. The first thing is you can't give the ball up to start the game. I really think if the Jets start on D this will put the game in control off the bat. I also think Josh Allen is not right. He is not playing up to his level. I think the hits and the elbow are getting to him. The Jets will also start Fant instead of Mitchell and give Mike another second. I don't see Diggs or Davis going off. The CB will shut them down. I think the Bills score no more than 20 points. The question is can the Jets score more than 20 on the Bills. I think it does happen. The Jets will come out running the ball and that will open the pass up. I think GW has another great day. Mike White throws 2 TDs to 1 INT and gets over 300 yards again. He is a perfect fit for this O. 

Final score

Bills 17

Jets 24

If we win, we need Mike White to play competent football and the defense to play big.  Hopefully have a run game going. Bills will have Matt Milano and Jordan Poyer back, both big time players for their defense. 

If we move the ball, we need TDs not FGs this week. 

I did the playoff machine thing on ESPN and despite predicting us to get to 10 wins, we still ended up missing out on the playoffs because of the Raiders.

I'm not really sold we even get to 10 wins with Miami buffalo and Seattle on the schedule. Going to have to steal one of them. Would be amazing to get the steal here then pick up Ws vs the jags and lions.

Interestingly, beating the bills here would also have the side effect of making the raiders schedule harder. They play the chiefs in the final week of the season so if we can knock the bills down the chiefs won't be able to rest their starters since they could win and earn the #1 seed. If the bills are ahead of the chiefs, the chiefs will simply rest out. Since they'd be locked into the playoffs already and couldn't get the 1 seed

Revenge game at their house? Oof, I'm not too confident in a win here. The Bills are a top 3 team, and we squeaked by once, but this time they won't overestimate us. Bring back the defensive plan that kept Allen from running wild and then we just need White to not turn it over. If we can do that, I think we can pull it out again.

16 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

If the Jets beat the Bills and Miami they could be AFC East champs too. There is a lot of things that can still happen. I just hate the seattle game on the road to the far west. 

That’s asking a lot from us. I think we need to get 1 of them though. Bc I think it will just be really hard to for sure win the 3 games in between. None of DET, JAX or SEA are easy games. So to think we for sure go 3-0 in those is very optimistic.

19 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

If the Jets beat the Bills and Miami they could be AFC East champs too. There is a lot of things that can still happen. I just hate the seattle game on the road to the far west. 

That’s asking to sweep both Buffalo and Miami which is crazy to think at the start of the year.

It’s the losses against NE that will come back to haunt us. If MW had started those games we would have won both imo. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

That’s asking to sweep both Buffalo and Miami which is crazy to think at the start of the year.

It’s the losses against NE that will come back to haunt us. If MW had started those games we would have won both imo. 

What we don't want is to play Week 18 with HAVING TO beat Miami.

Control the clock is big for me in this one. Keep the ball out of Allen's hands as much as we can. DL for BUF isn't a strength right now. Expose it. And with their pass rush not great. Have White make clutch plays to keep the chains moving. And make those FGs TDs

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets can't get in playoff without beating Dolphins so Dolphins have to lose a bunch of games before facing Jets for Jets to be relax on week 18.

Aren't the LA Chargers our real only big threat for the playoffs? I know NE is as well. But their schedule looks quite a bit harder than ours. So I cant see us tied with them come seasons end where we'd lose the tiebreaker. So the Chargers are our biggest threat IMO. We have a game advantage on them already. So lets start with that.

This is LAC schedule the rest of the way. MIA, TEN, @IND, LAR, @DEN.

So their schedule looks easier than ours. But as I said we have the game advantage right now.

We just win the games we should win and we should be good to go if you ask me. Obviously a lot can change week to week. But we really control our destiny.