Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We all know GB isn't contending for anything with Love this year.  This would be his trainee year.  

I'm not for kicking the money down the road with Bakh.  Love the guy, but I don't want to be paying him for years once he's gone.

And Tom very well could be the LT of the future.  If it were me, and clearly it is not, I'd be watching Tom closely this off-season and in camp.  If he's put on good muscle and got a better power base....well....then I'm feeling even better about LT for the future.  

A lot is going to occur before the season starts, but I think GB oculd absolutely contend in the NFC is Love plays above average. Especially if they hit on the high draft picks and a few free agents.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We all know GB isn't contending for anything with Love this year.  This would be his trainee year.  

I'm not for kicking the money down the road with Bakh.  Love the guy, but I don't want to be paying him for years once he's gone.

And Tom very well could be the LT of the future.  If it were me, and clearly it is not, I'd be watching Tom closely this off-season and in camp.  If he's put on good muscle and got a better power base....well....then I'm feeling even better about LT for the future.  

Probably the smarter move, but we may need the Bak restructure to insure more cap space to get better draft pick compensation from the Jets.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

A lot is going to occur before the season starts, but I think GB oculd absolutely contend in the NFC is Love plays above average. Especially if they hit on the high draft picks and a few free agents.

Tale as old as time.  Or as old as sleeping at the combine.  Off-season optimism.

You'd think that retaining Barry would have killed all of that off.

GB ain't winning nothing this year.  

going green

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Probably the smarter move, but we may need the Bak restructure to insure more cap space to get better draft pick compensation from the Jets.

Yeah....I'd rather take care of Gary and see where we are at.  I'm not opposed to re-doing Bakh's deal, it's just that is the absolute last one I'd touch.  Do everything else first and see if you really, really need it.

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Foolishness.  He ain't going to the Jets.  He was in Favre's shadow once already.  He ain't doing it again.  He's going to be a Packer or retire.  Either way, we will get nothing and like it.

If he goes to NY, can we pencil in Love to the Jets in 15 years or so as well?

• Like 5

Just now, Green19 said:

If he goes to NY, can we pencil in Love to the Jets in 15 years or so as well?

Kind of.  First he's gotta be a league MVP and Super Bowl champion.  And he's gotta alienate some of the fan base in his last few years.  

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Tale as old as time.  Or as old as sleeping at the combine.  Off-season optimism.

You'd think that retaining Barry would have killed all of that off.

GB ain't winning nothing this year.  

going green

I’d say more because there really weren’t many good teams in the NFC last year and some of them may have gotten worse so far through player or coach losses.

I already like that Jets team and staff. I would like them even more if we could have their first two picks this year for Rodgers. I think they could contend with rodgers. Only way I root against them is if we get next years picks or they are playing GBP. 

We definitely can win the north with Love and anything could happen in the playoffs. There is a very good chance that Love is an upgrade over '22 rodgers.