Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

It didn't work out because Gute utterly failed to address the pass catching position. Rodgers not being in camp early was irrelevant. The talent wasn't on par with the good teams in the league and was literally bottom 3 in the league. They fell short as expected at the end with the defense being exposed and failures on special teams, the Packers specialty. 

No way to know bahks knee was gonna continue to swell, jenkins would regress at LT, Watson would have a hammy and concussion. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

It should probably cost a bunch of people their jobs, but they will hopefully get a chance to redeem themselves with Jordan Love.

If Gute actually hit with the Love pick, the Rodgers drama will become a distant memory just as quickly as the Favre drama did.  With GB failing to win a 2nd SB with Rodgers at QB, Gute's legacy as Packers GM is now pretty much linked entirely to how well GB transitions away from Rodgers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pugger said:

And we needed the defense to step up in the last 5 games and they didn't either.  Man, everyone and his uncle around here were calling for Barry's head on a platter all season long.  How quickly folks forget...

Lol. They did step up. That’s what I just said. The defense ABSOLUTELY stepped up in the past 5 games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

It didn't work out because Gute utterly failed to address the pass catching position. Rodgers not being in camp early was irrelevant. The talent wasn't on par with the good teams in the league and was literally bottom 3 in the league. They fell short as expected at the end with the defense being exposed and failures on special teams, the Packers specialty. 

Agree and disagree.  Gute struck out with the silly addition of Hammy Watkins.  Just a terrible idea.  He hit a home run at the draft though.  All we needed to make the playoffs was one more win, and had #12 taken it upon himself to get into better shape, or spend more time with those young wideouts early on in the season we make the playoffs.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

No way to know bahks knee was gonna continue to swell, jenkins would regress at LT, Watson would have a hammy and concussion. 

I love Watson and think he'll be good, I think Doubs can be a player as well but they weren't ready to be the main option which isn't a knock on them. See Doubs not even seeing the ball vs Detroit that hits him the chest. The issue was not getting an actual proven vet to help lessen the blow of losing Adams. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Seems like it would make more sense for the Jets to part with 2 firsts for Lamar and pay him to play for many more years than to give up anything significant for Rodgers. But then again, it is the Jets.

They will move on from Rodgers in two years. Zach Wilson will have to years to learn under Rodgers, which will do him wonders.

Jackson want's his contract 100% guaranteed and wants 50 a year. He's not worth anywhere close to that. He's a running quarterback with terrible accuracy throwing the football.

Acquiring Jackson for anybody who wants to win is a real bad choice.  

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I grew bored after page 7.  Never went deeper as it was 8 months plus after the contract had already been signed.

If it was that easy to see, it would have been found much earlier.

And not necessarily by us, we don't get paid for any of this stuff.  And it's gold.

If it was that easy, a reporter would have figured it out.

But, good going, Sherlock.  You solved the cold case.

Oh and @incognito_man I don't mean Sherlock to be an insult.  I'll happily be a Watson to your Sherlock.

Or...if you would prefer...Moriarity.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I love Watson and think he'll be good, I think Doubs can be a player as well but they weren't ready to be the main option which isn't a knock on them. See Doubs not even seeing the ball vs Detroit that hits him the chest. The issue was not getting an actual proven vet to help lessen the blow of losing Adams. 

I wouldve liked zay jones, but he was still quite unproven.

Allen robinson could have been nice, but he had a down year so maybe would have been wasted money.

I agree with family ghost that rodgers choice not to show up to optional team activities to work with the young guys was the thing that could have prevented the exact miscommunication you cite as the issue. 

The rest of the FA class doesnt do it for me. Who would you have wanted to sign?

Also sammy watkins was a lot worse than i expected. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

They will move on from Rodgers in two years. Zach Wilson will have to years to learn under Rodgers, which will do him wonders.

Jackson want's his contract 100% guaranteed and wants 50 a year. He's not worth anywhere close to that. He's a running quarterback with terrible accuracy throwing the football.

Yeah .. who wants to give an oft-injured running QB a guaranteed contract and (2) 1st round draft picks for Jackson?  I do think the Ravens would accept less than (2) 1's to move on.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Leaving aside the contract Lamar is looking for (which is pretty nuts) how closely does Hackett's scheme match up with what Lamar does well?  I honestly have no idea?