Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

That would be a fireable offense if an agent accepted that. 30 per year is fantasy land. 

The NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG! You can get your guy 100 million guaranteed before he's become a starter, you do it. 

I'm as big a Jordan Love fan as there is but he's not proven a thing, other than 1/2 against Philly. There is a chance he doesn't pan out. 

There is also this thing called renegotiating. After a couple of years his agent could renegotiate the deal if he does well. 

The upside for Love is 100 million guaranteed, the downside is he gets the 5th year option and never gets another deal again. One could say not taking that deal would be an offense worthy of dismissal. 

32 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG! You can get your guy 100 million guaranteed before he's become a starter, you do it. 

I'm as big a Jordan Love fan as there is but he's not proven a thing, other than 1/2 against Philly. There is a chance he doesn't pan out. 

There is also this thing called renegotiating. After a couple of years his agent could renegotiate the deal if he does well. 

The upside for Love is 100 million guaranteed, the downside is he gets the 5th year option and never gets another deal again. One could say not taking that deal would be an offense worthy of dismissal. 

Short of a neck or head injury, there is no circumstance where he never gets another deal. 

He is going to make 20 million next year, then will be in line for hitting the open market or franchise tags (90+ more over 2 years). 

Even if he doesnt play all that well for us he would get 30+ on the market in two years. The cap is rising and so too are qb salaries. 

9 hours ago, craig said:

https://overthecap.com/the-salary-cap-impact-of-trading-for-aaron-rodgers#:~:text=The contract would eliminate the,in dead money in 2025.

craig overthecap article New York  guy I think Jason Fitzgerald

Retire and unretire trading team 

Heh heh, I'm trying to put in some key words so that if I want to search and re-find this link, I can!  

You can't bookmark the link?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Fans on message boards seem awfully quick to define what should get others fired.

Lamar jacksons mom gives better advice than to take 5 years at 30 million per. 

It is premised on the expectation that Love would want to take a home town discount without accounting for cap growth. 

Matt ryan, ryan tannehill, jared goff money - except in 5 years. The deal is so long that there is no hold-out leverage to renegotiate with. 

Edited by HokieHigh

9 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

I've heard they actually like Stidham, but also know for a fact that Josh loves 12. Hell, he was super high on Kyle Orton, and 12 is sorta of like fancy Kyle Orton at this point. I'm wondering if it a) isn't a sell to Rodgers, b) they feel the gap between rodgers and Jimmy G isn't huge, c) Brady isn't retiring, or d) 7 is too much to pay. I think its the latter, mixed with b.

12 is Orton. Holy **** the delusion is real. I think you smell because you **** your pants.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Which is why if you truly believe in him, you give him a 5-year extension now for 150 with 100 guaranteed. 

Imagine paying the guy all this money to sit on the bench only up turn around and give him a 5 year deal while proving nothing. Gute might actually be dumb enough to do it.

8 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Imagine paying the guy all this money to sit on the bench only up turn around and give him a 5 year deal while proving nothing. Gute might actually be dumb enough to do it.

Yup. You already are able to pay to keep him in 24 at 20 million, and have choice of non exclusive tag in 25 if he is not lights out. Love is a GBP or we get multiple first round picks if he is not worth top 5 money to us, but another team wants to pay him big. 

The whole proposition is nonsense from both sides.

Edited by HokieHigh

13 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

they did a great job of blowing the game from start to finish. Giving up the lead after they were bailed out by the offense, only to get bailed out again and again

I hate to pull this line because it's such a BS line, but did you watch the Chiefs in the postseason?

Against the Jaguars, Bengals and Eagles, that defense flipped a switch at multiple points in games.

Intercepted Burrow and sacked him in their final two drives.

At the most crucial point in the Jaguars game, the Chiefs ended two consecutive drives with a fumble recovery and an interception.

When the Chiefs are down, it's always the defense getting the ball back for Mahomes to clinch it.

This whole conversation is lolable considering we're comparing the Chiefs defense to the Packers defense.

They're capable of coming up huge at critical moments whether you can admit it or not. With who?

They have two first round picks on their entire roster on the defensive side. They were both rookies this year.

The Packers have 7 first round picks on their roster.

It is absolutely 100% about attitude on defense. Some teams convince themselves they're going to win. Others come to the conclusion they're going to lose. They play accordingly.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

So what I am hearing is that any agent who pulled this off would be a great agent? 

A few minutes ago I was hearing the agent who agreed to this should be fired.

22 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

So what I am hearing is that any agent who pulled this off would be a great agent? 

A few minutes ago I was hearing the agent who agreed to this should be fired.

As i said in the post immediately following what you have quoted - the proposition is nonsense from both sides. Read the rationale above

Edited by HokieHigh