• Miami Dolphins
    • Los Angeles Chargers
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Justin Herbert
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Jeff Wilson Jr.
    • Alec Ingold
    • Austin Ekeler
    • Sony Michel
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Trent Sherfield
    • Keenan Allen
    • Mike Williams
    • Joshua Palmer
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Durham Smythe
    • Gerald Everett
    • Jason Sanders
    • Cameron Dicker
    • Doilphins DST
    • Chargers DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2022 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, Emerica said:

Honestly can't blame the D, for the second game in a row they've been on the field most of the game. Tua and offense have looked horribly out of sync for the second straight game. Tua has to have something bothering him

I mean. No one is getting open. But yeah Tua has missed a lot too. From the outside looking in, it has to be mental. 

17 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Hopefully there hasn’t been a blueprint found to stop our offense. 

It's possible SF has done just that. It also doesn't help that we can't get a push up front to get a run game going. I wonder if we'll start running any crossers underneath the LBs if defenses going to keep dropping off so deep. 

REALLY disappointed to basically see a rerun of last week on offense. Whatever is going on with Tua, he needs to get it straightened out. We need to come up with an effective counter for teams dropping off their LBs so deep. Would have been nice to find a run game, but we couldn't get a push up front. 

Our offense can't leave our D on the field as long as they were. We have guys like Wilkins and Phillips making plays but I don't trust Boyer to keep our defense in a position to be successful. He needs Zach Thomas out there to check us out of bad calls. The prevent defense call in the red zone was absolutely mind boggling.

• Like 1

No surprise that Boyer was out coached, it happens every game.  But, I don't fault the Defense for this one.  Credit McDaniel for scheming Tua to being successful most of this season, but Defenses have finally adjusted to the 12-yard routes between the hashes.  I'm shocked it took teams this long to do something as simple as deepen their LB drops, but there are multiple ways to fix this.  Tua has to hit some sideline routes to make Defenses cover the entire width of the field as well as some RB and TE underneath the LB drops.  Add to that more run attempts and some RB screens and watch those LB's get less depth in their drops.

I'm not feeling hopeful about our upcoming game in Buffalo.  Tua has been bad for the last 3 games, and he isn't a cold weather guy, AND Buffalo's Defense is legit.  I expect next week to be a disaster for us.  Hopefully we make it out of Buffalo healthy so we can keep our Wild Card hopes alive.

Ball is now in McD's court to adjust his gameplans a bit.  Go all out to take away the middle of the field on defense and this offense stalls, since they can't run the ball consistently.  The current offense takes Tua's strengths of accuracy and spot throwing and builds on them.  But defenses are now selling out in the middle of the field to take away those spots.  Was anyone else miffed as to why we didn't see more quick outs last night?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Ball is now in McD's court to adjust his gameplans a bit.  Go all out to take away the middle of the field on defense and this offense stalls, since they can't run the ball consistently.  The current offense takes Tua's strengths of accuracy and spot throwing and builds on them.  But defenses are now selling out in the middle of the field to take away those spots.  Was anyone else miffed as to why we didn't see more quick outs last night?

Yes!!!! 

Also, how about making Safety's adjust by attacking the seams with the TE or maybe a couple deep posts from Waddle?  How about a couple slants per game to Waddle?  More deep sideline routes to Hill to move safeties off their spot?  There's a lot of things we can do to make Defenses adjust away from deep LB drops, our issue is we have been a 1 trick pony Offense all season and haven't been able to adjust for 2 games now......... Tua has to make more throws than just the intermediate between the hash routes..... Also, I'm looking at our Receivers who have been dropping very catchable passes in the first quarter of the last 2 games (despite what the game announcers keep saying, it's not all on Tua).

6 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

The SF game seemed like Tua was out of sync. This game it felt like the entire offense was out of sync. It is so frustrating to consistently see our defense give up a big play or penalty on 3rd down.  

Exactly this.  It was really weird watching both Hill and Waddle have no idea where the pass was, only to have it fall in place where they could have caught it for a huge play.

• Like 1