If the playoffs were like College Football: Which 4 teams get in right now?

mdonnelly21

If losing to the Bears in Week 1 disqualifies the 49ers, shouldn't losing to the Trubisky Steelers, Cooper Rush Cowboys, and getting blown out by the 5-8 Browns disqualify the Bengals?

I'd say:
1. Eagles
2. Bills
3. Cowboys
4. Chiefs

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 3

They generally go by W-L unless a team is in a crappy conference. And they’re all NFL teams so that doesn’t matter. Minnesota has a negative point differential so it’s Philly, Buffalo, KC, Dallas. Buffalo is probably #2 for beating KC. 

So for #3

KC beat San Fran 

Dallas beat Cincy and Minnesota 

Dallas wins +/- 131 to 86

1. Eagles

2. Bills

3. Cowboys 

4. Chiefs

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

They generally go by W-L unless a team is in a crappy conference. And they’re all NFL teams so that doesn’t matter. Minnesota has a negative point differential so it’s Philly, Buffalo, KC, Dallas. Buffalo is probably #2 for beating KC. 

So for #3

KC beat San Fran 

Dallas beat Cincy and Minnesota 

Dallas wins +/- 131 to 86

1. Eagles

2. Bills

3. Cowboys 

4. Chiefs

But you also would consider they like to give preferential treatment to teams that win their conference (or in this case division) so that's why I had the Cowboys 4th.

Philly, Buffalo, Cowboys, KC. 

Dallas gets in with wins over Minnesota and Cincy IMO, while SF’s only win against someone sort of “in the running” is Miami. Dallas also has no losses vs real bottom feeders, which can’t be said of KC and SF.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Which 4 teams make a 4 team playoff right now?

I'm going to go 

1.) Eagles 

2.) Chiefs

3.) Bills

4.) Bengals 

Very close cut between Cowboys and 49ers. 

49ers loss to my Bears is the reason they don't make it. And Cowboys don't have any great wins on their schedule. 

you nailed it, should have ended the thread... best 4 teams

• Like 1

Now if we were gonna do a 8 Team Playoff (which is how college football should be$), I’d submit this:

1. Eagles

2. Bills

3. Chiefs

4. 49ers

5. Bengals

6. Cowboys

7. Ravens

8. Dolphins

Sorry, but the Vikings are one of the worst 10-3 teams I’ve seen. (Now that I have said that, they will make the Super Bowl…)

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Now if we were gonna do a 8 Team Playoff (which is how college football should be$), I’d submit this:

1. Eagles

2. Bills

3. Chiefs

4. 49ers

5. Bengals

6. Cowboys

7. Ravens

8. Dolphins

Sorry, but the Vikings are one of the worst 10-3 teams I’ve seen. (Now that I have said that, they will make the Super Bowl…)

oh yeah... 49ers.. my bad.. I forgot .. I am a homer though.. So I still take the Bengals over the Bills

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

The head to head stuff doesn’t work too much in the NFL in this format, because everyone plays everyone (mostly). There is no damn way Dallas is better than San Francisco. And I’d say Cincy over Dallas. Dallas would be my 6th choice. 

Don't make me defend the Cowboys...

• Like 1