Texans @ Tennessee - Christmas Eve GDT

ET80

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Good win - knocks Tennessee into a tie for 1st place with Jacksonville, don't lose ground on 1.1, and Cleveland lost as well.

Really good football day so far!

Ground was lost on 1.1. Now only half game out. Was a good win though 

17 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The thing about pick 1 is that if the bears have it and we are number 2, we are still getting the top QB because the bears thinks Fields is a QB. Unless they were to trade the pick but I’m ok with that because I don’t want young at number 1 anyways 

Chicago is also the same team that gave up a Watson-esque hall for Khalil Mack - so I'd imagine drafting a guy like Will Anderson is appealing to the point where moving down isn't really worth it.

So, we'll see.

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The thing about pick 1 is that if the bears have it and we are number 2, we are still getting the top QB because the bears thinks Fields is a QB. Unless they were to trade the pick but I’m ok with that because I don’t want young at number 1 anyways 

I feel like it would take a lot for Eberflus to be ok with passing on Anderson or Carter so I bet they would stay at 1.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Chicago is also the same team that gave up a Watson-esque hall for Khalil Mack - so I'd imagine drafting a guy like Will Anderson is appealing to the point where moving down isn't really worth it.

So, we'll see.

Yeah, as long as we don’t win both of the next two games, we are gonna be fine. 

what’s crazy is that with as bad as our offense has been this year and as bad as our roster talent is, we’ve been really close to being a 6 or 7 win team, which would still be alive for the division. 

our current roster is a Jimmy G and OC away from competing for the division. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tab said:

Malik Willis kinda looks like a bust to me

I think he is what he is - a hyper athletic project, someone who needs a LOT of work before he’s game ready. The offense needs to be completely rebuilt around him, maybe an offense similar to what Lamar Jackson or Justin Fields is running. 

Expecting him to run a Ryan Tannehill offense is expecting to be let down. Titans with some read option with Willis and Henry would work much better.

35 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

what’s crazy is that with as bad as our offense has been this year and as bad as our roster talent is, we’ve been really close to being a 6 or 7 win team, which would still be alive for the division. 

What honestly bothers me? Most of our losses are in the 2nd half or 4th quarter. When you have a defensive HC, repeated late game meltdowns shouldn’t be happening. Somewhere in there, Lovie needed to find out why his defense buckles late in the game.

40 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yes and no. Doesn’t look like an nfl QB but I wouldn’t call him a bust since he was a 3rd rounder. People thought he might go round 1, which would have been insane. 

He’s no Davis Mills

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Locker room needed this. We may mess around and win out. I know the Jags look solid right now but we seem to have their number. Indy week 17 is a dub. I don’t really care for the #1 pick this year. Not in a draft without a consensus QB1

I don’t think Jacksonville is as easy a W as we like to think - they look legit, Trevor Lawrence is turning into the guy everyone figured he’d be at QB.

11 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I'm going to be pissed if the Bears trade the 1st pick for a kings ransom to a team looking to take a QB in front of us.