Head Coaches On Hot/Warm Seat

Brat&Beer

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Denver - Nathaniel Hackett has been fired.

Las Vegas - Josh McDaniels is 6-9 with a team that finished 10-7 and made the playoffs under Rich Bisaccia. Acquiring Davante Adams has not made Derek Carr better. This seat is probably warm.

Cleveland - Kevin Stefanski has gone 11-5, 8-9 and now 6-9 with Cleveland. Browns tend to go through head coaches pretty quickly. Seat is probably pretty hot.

Indianapolis - Jeff Saturday replaced Frank Reich mid-season and has gone 1-4. This seat is on fire.

Houston - Lovie Smith took over the worst team in football and has kept them there. Hard to blame him for the situation. However, it's a terrible organization, so they might scapegoat him. Seat may be warm.

Tampa Bay - Todd Bowles is probably safe here as it is his 1st year as HC. Sill, if they fail to make playoffs, seat could be slightly warm.

Carolina - Steve Wilks has gone 5-5 after taking over after team started 1-4. He probably deserves to be retained, but any interim coach has to at least be considered to be on warm seat.

Atlanta - Arthur Smith is 12-20 in 2 seasons. Team may want to see what he can do with an improved QB situation. Seat is probably warm/hot.

Arizona - Kliff Kingsbury is 4-11 in his 4th season. Team is 8-17 since starting out 7-0 in 2021. His teams always fade 2nd half of season. Seat is on fire.

I imagine there may be others. 

I cannot help but believe Jeff Saturday's stint was indented to be nothing more than that of an interim coach....

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unless he back channels his way into getting someone like Mac or Tomlin fired to join a premier franchise, I think Hou is probably the best option for him. 2 1sts this year and next, top 10 in cap space. 

He left NO because he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild. What makes you guys think he wants to join the biggest rebuild in the league? Coaches aren't interested in draft picks, they want players to win now. No serious HC candidate is going to want to be HC number 4 in as many years.

Edited by StatKing

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

He left NO because he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild. What makes you guys think he wants to join the biggest rebuild in the league? Coaches aren't interested in draft picks, they want players to win now. No serious HC candidate is going to want to go to be HC number 4 in as many years.

Easier to build when you get puck 1.1 and can draft your QB, have an additional 1st in 2023 and 2024 plus cap space to boost talent.  

Most other coaching options are not attractive relative to what Houston has

5 minutes ago, StatKing said:

He left NO because he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild. What makes you guys think he wants to join the biggest rebuild in the league? Coaches aren't interested in draft picks, they want players to win now. No serious HC candidate is going to want to be HC number 4 in as many years.

What makes Indy, Carolina or Denver better? 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What makes Indy, Carolina or Denver better? 

Russ seems to be in a steadfast decline but if there's any coach that could turn it around its Sean Payton. Maybe he waits another year. I just don't think there's any chance he goes to a team without an established QB.

6 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Russ seems to be in a steadfast decline but if there's any coach that could turn it around its Sean Payton. Maybe he waits another year. I just don't think there's any chance he goes to a team without an established QB.

Indy... no established QB

Carolina.... no established QB unless you count Darnold as 1

Denver.... a declining QB

Atlanta... no established QB

Tennessee...no established QB

Washington...no established QB

Arizona... Murray will be out a fair amount of 2023 and is a questionable QB

Not many potential vacancies that meet that criteria

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Indy... no established QB

Carolina.... no established QB unless you count Darnold as 1

Denver.... a declining QB

Atlanta... no established QB

Tennessee...no established QB

Washington...no established QB

Arizona... Murray will be out a fair amount of 2023 and is a questionable QB

Not many potential vacancies that meet that criteria

Thats why I'm more inclined to believe he sits out another year.

47 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Easier to build when you get puck 1.1 and can draft your QB, have an additional 1st in 2023 and 2024 plus cap space to boost talent.  

Most other coaching options are not attractive relative to what Houston has

And not to bury the lede, franchise cornerstone Amari Rodgers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

It's more likely that he wanted to leave NO before a teardown. Houston already did the tear down and they did it very well. It's the right time to jump in as a coach.

I wonder what the compensation to NO would have to be?

8 hours ago, Sandy said:

It's more likely that he wanted to leave NO before a teardown. Houston already did the tear down and they did it very well. It's the right time to jump in as a coach.

I wonder what the compensation to NO would have to be?

I think you guy over value how much coaches care about draft picks.