Head Coaches On Hot/Warm Seat

Brat&Beer

On 12/27/2022 at 1:33 PM, pf9 said:

I'm not trolling. This team isn't getting anywhere under LaFleur. They've been eliminated by the 49ers twice in his tenure. And this year has been really disappointing.

So how many SB's did SF win thereafter? The Packers FO will not figure MLF. This is just some plain silly thinking, you keep a guy that gets you there and see if you can assist him in getting over the top. This year was bad for many other reasons beyond that of MLf. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I do not want Harbaugh back in the NFC.

I want him to go to Denver SO bad.

The unholy trinity of Harbaugh, Wilson, and the Walton family would provide a team I truly HATE for the first time in like 25 years. 

Edited by wgbeethree

Quite a list, but here's how I see it, my criticisms of LaFleur aside

Jeff Saturday, kinda a persona non grata anyway.  He's little more than just a figurehead at this point.

1. Dennis Allen: should be topping the list as a complete disaster and has no business being a HC.  He screwed up the Raiders and he's ruining the Saints as well.  Saints fans should be calling for his head.

2. Kliff Kingsbury: complete moron who had his moment of fame when his team went 7-0 last year.  But he's always reliably collapsed in late November and is nothing but a misplaced Texas Tech coach who will should reduced to an offensive coordinator at that little college called SMU next year.  No way Arizona keeps him.

3. Love Smith: don't really know what the Texans were even thinking there, his time was way expired, especially after the disaster he had in Tampa.  They likely need to purge the whole damn front office though.

4. Mike Tomlin .... Yeah ok I know, it's Pittsburgh and coaches just don't get fired there.  But damn, someone's gotta be making noise about him getting all stale and inept there.  He may have an outside shot at the playoffs, but it doesn't matter as his team would just get their butts whooped again like they did against KC last year.  That team is suffering because of this stale old buffoon, and it's time for him to go.

5. Josh McDaniels: Honestly he never should have even been hired.  Thank god we passed him up, and yet again he's proven he's nothing but a fraud and a phony clown who will do nothing to get one of the most talented rosters ever into the playoffs.  Problem is the Raiders likely don't want to burn through 4 different coaches in just a 2-3 year span.

6. Matt Eberflus: It's been worse for the Bears under him so far than it was even under Nagy last year, and of course he got fired.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was fired, but Bears aren't gonna turn things around unless the McCaskeys sell the team and get a new guy in there to turn things around.

Potential warm seats but likely still safe

7.  Arthur Smith: might be fired, but out of all the games his team lost, 8-10 were less than 7 points I believe.  Not that a close margin or moral victories should save you, but ... well if you got a team that's still rebuilding from the previous regime and rolling with a guy who's mostly a placeholder QB, I think you give it one more year to see what happens.

8. Ron Rivera: I think the Commanders could do worse than him, but after hearing that he actually made the call to abandon Heinecke for the junky broken down Wentz, that definitely is going to turn up the heat on him.  Tough to say, and maybe he could get it done in one more year, but he never did put two winning seasons together in Carolina, and it doesn't look like he's going to consistently win in Washington either.

9. Robert Saleh: Don't know, probably gets one more year, but after losing 6 of his last 7 and seeing his offense start completely stinking things up, that rope is going to get much tighter for him heading into 2023.

Safe at this point:

Todd Bowles, yeah I get the criticism on him.  Good defensive coordinator, not so great a HC as we saw with the Jets and even now in Tampa.  He's safe for now because old man Brady was able to drag his team across the playoff finish line in a bad division one more time.  I'll say this though, he'd better pray Kyle Trask is a winner since Brady definitely is done after this year, because if he isn't, Bowles has no more lifeboats to hop into.

Mike McDaniel: might want to make sure he adds a bit of cushion to his job security with a win this Sunday, and no doubt losing 5 straight has brought criticism on him whether warranted or not.  But given that it's only year 1, and given the injuries he's constantly had to deal with, I think he's safe regardless at this point.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

I want him to go to Denver SO bad.

The unholy trinity of Harbaugh, Wilson, and the Walton family would provide a team I truly HATE for the first time in like 25 years. 

I hated Seattle good Russell Wilson.  But man, do I love me some Denver ****ty Russell Wilson.  Broncos Country! Let's Ride! 🤣🤣🤣