MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

3 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I understand that. Bills beat Bengals and we control the 1 seed and Bengals NEED to win against Ravens for the division. We are dealing with “what is” at this point not “what could’ve been”.  

1 what if and what could’ve been are the same damn thing. 

2 Ok, so you agree the stakes of the changes do not impact the Bills as much as the Bengals. Good to know. 

3 Right, if Bills beat the Bengals, they control the 1 seed. But everything is being done around this potential outcome, not the other. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I know I'm not allowed to have this perspective because it would benefit Chiefs, but for me, the forest from the trees is that the NFL had procedures in place in the event of a cancelled game. The Bengals have every right to complain about the league saying "Hey we have a procedure but let's do it differently this time", right? 

And I was for those procedures, even though the most likely scenario was the Bengals get locked into the 3 seed.  Creating all these caveats and scenarios for everyone but the Bengals is why i'm pissed.  And i'm not pissed at the Bills, i'm pissed at the NFL brass.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

And I was for those procedures, even though the most likely scenario was the Bengals get locked into the 3 seed.  Creating all these caveats and scenarios for everyone but the Bengals is why i'm pissed.  And i'm not pissed at the Bills, i'm pissed at the NFL brass.

Same here. And I’m a Steelers fan so you think I would celebrate the Bengals getting screwed. But I feel like they should have done something for the contingency of all the possible outcomes of all teams playing 17 games. 

Heck I liked the one proposal of Cincy gets the 2 seed, KC gets choice of 1 seed or HFA, and Bills got what KC didn’t pick. 

I was wrong about Bills forfeiting.  Apparently the NFL already has rules in place in the even a game has to be cancelled. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/05/nfls-proposed-approach-to-cancellation-of-bills-bengals-conflicts-with-2022-policy-manual/

So this is why they needed an owner's meeting, because they are changing their own rules on the fly.

I get everyone thinks the Bengals got hosed but have we really discussed the other scenario where the Bills win MNF and Bengals lose? Lot of what ifs right now. Bengals got the ball first and were up 7-3 and driving. What if they get a FG and the Bills go down and score a TD. It's now 10-10 and Bills receive ball after half time.. The people trying to say the Bengals were going to win that game after 1 possession each haven't been watching football. No doubt in my mind it would've been a one score game going to the 4th quarter. 

Regardless, if the Bengals lost on MNF, this week would be pivotal for them and if they lost to the Ravens they would drop all the way to the 5 seed and wild card. 

I get how they got screwed but they also got an automatic AFC North division win + homefield for the first game. 

4 minutes ago, coffeedrinker said:

I was wrong about Bills forfeiting.  Apparently the NFL already has rules in place in the even a game has to be cancelled. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/05/nfls-proposed-approach-to-cancellation-of-bills-bengals-conflicts-with-2022-policy-manual/

So this is why they needed an owner's meeting, because they are changing their own rules on the fly.

I doubt anyone is surprised.

Edited by HDsportsfan

1 minute ago, The BILLievers said:

I get everyone thinks the Bengals got hosed but have we really discussed the other scenario where the Bills win MNF and Bengals lose? Lot of what ifs right now. Bengals got the ball first and were up 7-3 and driving. What if they get a FG and the Bills go down and score a TD. It's now 10-10 and Bills receive ball after half time.. The people trying to say the Bengals were going to win that game after 1 possession each haven't been watching football. No doubt in my mind it would've been a one score game going to the 4th quarter. 

Regardless, if the Bengals lost on MNF, this week would be pivotal for them and if they lost to the Ravens they would drop all the way to the 5 seed and wild card. 

I get how they got screwed but they also got an automatic AFC North division win + homefield for the first game. 

Caveats were made for "what if the Bills won" while ignoring "what if the Bengals won", simple as that.  And they changed the rules on the fly in order to do it. 

• Like 3

Just now, The BILLievers said:

I think it’s fair to say this:

KC - Hard winner

Buffalo - Soft winner

Cincinnati - Hard loser

Baltimore - Winner

• Like 1