BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Because you're a piece of **** and I guess this is the only way you can feel important.

See here's the difference between us. You have resorted to name calling, psycho analysis and all kind of personal bs and I have not

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

See here's the difference between us. You have resorted to name calling, psycho analysis and all kind of personal bs and I have not

No, the difference is that I'm not using gaslighting abuser bull**** to blame other people, and it's genuinely horrific that you're continuing to act like this is anyone's fault but yours.

I wouldn't even give a **** if he'd told the truth and said that he did it to **** with Pete, but blaming me for something he was already doing before I said anything? GTFO with that. I'm not letting you blame me for something you were already doing.

Just now, rackcs said:

I feel like being petty, name-calling. It's all childish behavior one way or the other. I don't think you're coming out of this looking any better than Blue at all like you think you are.

I'm not aiming to look better.  I'm probably resigning after today anyhow cause quite frankly I didn't sign up to be told I'm a pos and seeking attention or whatever. Quite the opposite.  Mwil just compared the fact I asked for a trade today to yesterday so I wanted to say it was different (you did nothing wrong mwil) . Yesterday I had zero interest in a trade.  But people decided they wanted to needle me. I don't take kindly to it, they kept at it. Here we are. Childish, probably.  But I made my feelings clear on it and if people want to continue on that path, my only recourse is to stick to what I was saying I was going to do and stand up for myself in the only way I could in my brain in the situation.  I'll stay on til you all can find a replacement

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm not aiming to look better.  I'm probably resigning after today anyhow cause quite frankly I didn't sign up to be told I'm a pos and seeking attention or whatever. Quite the opposite.  Mwil just compared the fact I asked for a trade today to yesterday so I wanted to say it was different (you did nothing wrong mwil) . Yesterday I had zero interest in a trade.  But people decided they wanted to needle me. I don't take kindly to it, they kept at it. Here we are. Childish, probably.  But I made my feelings clear on it and if people want to continue on that path, my only recourse is to stick to what I was saying I was going to do and stand up for myself in the only way I could in my brain in the situation.  I'll stay on til you all can find a replacement

Nobody here wants you to resign. But yesterday was very frustrating for a lot of people. I think you're obviously a great owner with a lot of history with this league that overrides what happened yesterday, but it is what it is and people were upset.

Holding the draft up all day was frustrating, yes, but that's not what's upsetting. It's blaming other people for what HE chose to do and then lying about it even when presented with hard evidence that isn't what happened.

Hell, this would be water under the bridge if he'd just said "whoops, must have misremembered" but instead he just moved the goalposts because he'd rather blame me than acknowledge he was wrong.

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Ok. 

Do I think you have the right to take the time you are allocated to look for trades, picks, etc?  Absolutely.

Do I think you have the right to take the time you are allocated to just sit on the clock?  Absolutely.

It was a bit annoying and as you said, probably a bit childish.  But it is what it it.

Just own it.  Don't look at us and say, 'Look what you made me do.'  That is what upset blue and I can't say I blame him for being upset.  I don't agree with how he has presented his point, but that's a separate issue.

You are a dear friend and I don't want you to go.  The thought of you, pheltz, and jlash all leaving within a year would suck.

But you made the decision, which you had the right to do.  We didn't.

• Like 3

I'm not going to keep arguing over what you all have in your mind.  I asked for something to stop, it continued.  Every time it continued, i fought back with an hour.  How it went from a quick break to 8 hours or whatever it was , y'all can figure it out.  I own what I did was childish, and probably somewhat selfish, but lets not act like I was unprovoked

Regardless, I really have nothing else to say in this thread as obviously I'm the bad guy here, so please start looking for my replacement.  Thank you