BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Favorite/Least Favorite Picks Per Round

1st
Favorite – Tyree Wilson – Great value at 11.
Least Favorite – JSN – He fits their offense, but he isn’t near the 6th best prospect.

2nd
Favorite – Michael Mayer – They got the most well-rounded, day-1 impact player at TE at 30 overall which they desperately needed.
Least Favorite – Jack Campbell – Not only do I think he goes a bit later than this in the draft, but the trade up makes this worse.

3rd
Favorite – Jalin Hyatt – At the 2nd to last pick in the round, they got a WR who can demand high safety help early in his career.
Least Favorite – Brian Branch – I’m not a Branch fan, and a 1st rounder was given up to acquire him.

4th
Favorite – Will McDonald – I’d have considered him at 33 overall, there’s no reason he should have gone this late.
Least Favorite – Isaiah Foskey – He’s a JAG.  He’ll be an okay player, but he doesn’t do anything particularly well.

5th
Favorite – Hendon Hooker – He’s gonna go in the 1st IRL.  Well worth the pick.
Least Favorite – Jordan Battle – I just think he sucks as a player, had him as the worst safety who got drafted no question.

6th
Favorite – Tyler Steen – He is gonna be a good, solid player regardless of his position in the NFL.
Least Favorite – Kendre Miller – Trading future capital to draft a third RB seems like not the best decision.

7th
Favorite – Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson – He won the Thorpe award and would be a no brainer 1st rounder if he was a few inches taller.  I hope he makes it.
Least Favorite – It’s the 7th round.

Luke Skywalker Brush GIF by Star Wars

Three Best Draft Classes:

So these aren’t based totally on who I like or where I value guys.  It’s more of a 1. Plan executed 2. Player value 3. Needs filled

#3 - Greenland

CB

Joey Porter Jr.

LB

Jack Campbell

INT

Bryan Bresee

LB

Drew Sanders

CB

Emmanuel Forbes

INT

Gervon Dexter

Greenland needed to add talent to their defense.  They needed a couple new corners, depth on the DL, and bodies at LB.  They definitely accomplished those three goals.  Porter and Forbes restock the CB room, Bresee and Dexter infuse talent behind Buckner, and Campbell and Sanders will find roles alongside Devin Lloyd.  They didn’t address other needs like RB, and they lost value in trading up, but they still made their team much better in this draft.

#2 Hungary

Edge

Will Anderson

INT

Calijah Kancey

QB

Will Levis

CB

Julius Brents

S

Quan Martin

OT

Blake Freeland

WR

Bryce Ford-Wheaton

TE

Zach Kuntz

Hungary needed an entire defensive revamp this offseason.  They added Maxx Crosby which I’ll include here.  Between Crosby, Anderson, and Kancey, they have given this defense a pass rushing identity they can build around.  And one that will allow their already talented linebackers the capability to make plays.  Adding two BDL caliber secondary starters in Brents and Martin adds to this defensive renaissance.  They were also able to add high-upside guys at QB, OT, and TE at good value spots.

#1 Gotham

RB

Bijan Robinson

OT

Paris Johnson

Edge

Myles Murphy

OG

Peter Skoronski

Edge

Nolan Smith

OC

John Michael Schmitz

CB

Cam Smith

S

Antonio Johnson

CB

Tre'vius Hodges-Tomlinson

They want to run a 4 WR spread offense.  1st, they trade from 3 to 6 and add Dak Prescott who at the least provides a steadying hand at the position.  Then they add the #1 RB to pressure defenses going 4 CBs.  They also add the #1 OT, #1 OG, and #1 OC to build a wall around that QB and RB.  Two supremely athletic edge rushers to get after the opposing QB at good value.  Cam and Antonio at their draft slots were fantastic picks.  And I mentioned THT as one of my favorites in the draft.  Those three will add to an already nasty secondary.  Not only did I like all their picks, but they seemed cohesive in terms of having a plan for next year and got great value the entire draft.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Three Best Draft Classes:

So these aren’t based totally on who I like or where I value guys.  It’s more of a 1. Plan executed 2. Player value 3. Needs filled

#3 - Greenland

CB

Joey Porter Jr.

LB

Jack Campbell

INT

Bryan Bresee

LB

Drew Sanders

CB

Emmanuel Forbes

INT

Gervon Dexter

Greenland needed to add talent to their defense.  They needed a couple new corners, depth on the DL, and bodies at LB.  They definitely accomplished those three goals.  Porter and Forbes restock the CB room, Bresee and Dexter infuse talent behind Buckner, and Campbell and Sanders will find roles alongside Devin Lloyd.  They didn’t address other needs like RB, and they lost value in trading up, but they still made their team much better in this draft.

#2 Hungary

Edge

Will Anderson

INT

Calijah Kancey

QB

Will Levis

CB

Julius Brents

S

Quan Martin

OT

Blake Freeland

WR

Bryce Ford-Wheaton

TE

Zach Kuntz

Hungary needed an entire defensive revamp this offseason.  They added Maxx Crosby which I’ll include here.  Between Crosby, Anderson, and Kancey, they have given this defense a pass rushing identity they can build around.  And one that will allow their already talented linebackers the capability to make plays.  Adding two BDL caliber secondary starters in Brents and Martin adds to this defensive renaissance.  They were also able to add high-upside guys at QB, OT, and TE at good value spots.

#1 Gotham

RB

Bijan Robinson

OT

Paris Johnson

Edge

Myles Murphy

OG

Peter Skoronski

Edge

Nolan Smith

OC

John Michael Schmitz

CB

Cam Smith

S

Antonio Johnson

CB

Tre'vius Hodges-Tomlinson

They want to run a 4 WR spread offense.  1st, they trade from 3 to 6 and add Dak Prescott who at the least provides a steadying hand at the position.  Then they add the #1 RB to pressure defenses going 4 CBs.  They also add the #1 OT, #1 OG, and #1 OC to build a wall around that QB and RB.  Two supremely athletic edge rushers to get after the opposing QB at good value.  Cam and Antonio at their draft slots were fantastic picks.  And I mentioned THT as one of my favorites in the draft.  Those three will add to an already nasty secondary.  Not only did I like all their picks, but they seemed cohesive in terms of having a plan for next year and got great value the entire draft.

Oooh do least favorite. Anchorage #1!

Great Gotham class. Good chance half those guys if not more end up good BDL players. Reminds me of the Anchorage 2018-2020 classes which set up what is now a powerhouse.

Not convinced Prescott is the guy to get them over the hump, but given the amount of talent on cheap deals currently locked up, even with his inflated salary it'll be force to be reckoned with. Whichever Lancaster QB out of Lawrence or Hurts that ends up expendable will probably be the final piece of the Gotham puzzle in a couple years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

Hmm I guess I should have waited on Battle.   Branch / Johnson / Battle were the only 3 safeties I had even close to draftable for this league. 

Sydney Brown and Jatavious Martin > Johnson

and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Battle 

• Like 1