BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/28/jalen-carter-overcame-not-great-feedback-from-georgia-coaches-to-stay-in-top-10/

When it comes to defensive tackle Jalen Carter, the word making the rounds before the draft was that the Georgia coaches did not have nice things to say. (We specifically decided not to mention any of that until after he was picked, so as not to participate in the pre-draft effort to get guys to fall.)

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media hinted at that last night after Carter became the ninth overall pick in the draft. We’ve heard it more bluntly and strongly. Members of the Georgia coaching staff are not Jalen Carter fans, and they weren’t bashful about saying so.

Just going to leave this here for now...

Animated GIF

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Whatever makes you feel better as he is wrecking IOL's for years to come......

As long as he's not going against the 4th best OC in this year's draft class Luke Wypler and Dewand "I'm clearly over 400 pounds" Jones he should be fine.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I can see Tank Bigsby going higher IRL too. His YAC at Auburn were other-wordly and if he had an OL he would have absolutely killed it in college.

Big fan of Tank.  Outside of Roschon,  he’s my favorite mid tier RB.  

• Like 2