BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Savage started the last three games.

Weird how injury is an excuse for Juan Thornhill when he's been active for all but one game, almost like that's a bull**** excuse you've been clinging to because you can't admit your players suck. Savage has been hurt too but he's still started 7 more games.

But after Ford struggled both against the Bears and early in the Packers’ win at Miami on Christmas Day, the coaches went back to Savage in the second quarter against the Dolphins. Savage then started the final two games — a 41-17 win over Minnesota on Jan. 1 and a second-ending 20-16 loss to the Detroit Lions on Jan. 8.

You can be active for a game and still not be back to form.  Everyone say its the second year back from an ACL when you feel right again.

Thornhill has been very good when healthy and Savage has been bad all the time.

Just now, Blue said:

That's a laughably bad lie and you know it. He was really good his first two years and was up-and-down last season.

No its not.  He is the epitome of 'shows potential' the first two years and God awful the last two.

Hell, one of his years was so bad you forgot it existed.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I was looking at his snap %age, you're right he didn't start Week 16: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SavaDa00/gamelog/2022/

Look, dude has all the physical traits you could want but he has been beyond terrible the last two years.  I blame Joe Barry more than anything.

I could see him going somewhere else in a year and being at least passable.

Joe Barry is horrifying.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Look, dude has all the physical traits you could want but he has been beyond terrible the last two years.  I blame Joe Barry more than anything.

I could see him going somewhere else in a year and being at least passable.

Joe Barry is horrifying.

Well he's not (supposed to be) playing slot next year, hence "maybe they'll actually use him correctly."

We can all agree Joe Barry is awful. I hated that hiring at the time. It pains me knowing we had Ejiro Evero in the building and let him go.

Just now, Blue said:

Well he's not (supposed to be) playing slot next year, hence "maybe they'll actually use him correctly."

We can all agree Joe Barry is awful. I hated that hiring at the time. It pains me knowing we had Ejiro Evero in the building and let him go.

What helped Thornhill the last year and a half was they put him in deep center and let him develop there(and it paid off despite what you think).  They need to do the same with Savage.  Leave him and let him learn.

I'm so happy Evero is getting his hands on Derrick Brown.

• Like 1