Mahomes Becomes Second Player to Throw for 5000/40 Twice.

onejayhawk

On 1/5/2023 at 12:49 PM, ET80 said:
On 1/5/2023 at 10:45 AM, biggie. said:

Drew Brees does thebsame thing: system QB

Love this board's double standards.

Who the heck said Drew Brees was a system QB!? That’s just as dumb as trying to downplay Mahomes. 

I’m still waiting for a response on this - this is a message board, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find a thread where multiple people are saying this. 

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m still waiting for a response on this - this is a message board, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find a thread where multiple people are saying this. 

Hate to do that guy's work for him, but I did find this

Also... 

Edited by adamq

46 minutes ago, adamq said:

Also... 

So - idiot (singular) say Brees is a system QB and Mahomes is overrated. Glad we could clarify what sort of person would say that. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, adamq said:

Also... 

I would love to hear the breakdowns on these "systems." It always gets tossed out there without any substance backing it.

A system that can produce a Brees, a Brady, or a Mahomes must have substantial literature behind it and is surely well studied amongst the NFL coaching circles.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I would love to hear the breakdowns on these "systems." It always gets tossed out there without any substance backing it.

A system that can produce a Brees, a Brady, or a Mahomes must have substantial literature behind it and is surely well studied amongst the NFL coaching circles.

I think the failures of Jameis Winston and Andy Dalton more or less debunk the “Drew Brees = System QB” drivel (that exactly one person said).

2 hours ago, adamq said:

OP pulled a bait and switch. Original question was Brees vs Rodgers, a bunch of people voted, and then OP changed the thread and poll options for some weird, stupid reason. The first page of responses confirm that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

OP pulled a bait and switch. Original question was Brees vs Rodgers, a bunch of people voted, and then OP changed the thread and poll options for some weird, stupid reason. The first page of responses confirm that.

So the only example on FF wasn't even real.. yet the whole forum thinks this way!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Ah, so dishonesty. Which is the theme of the 21st century, for whatever reason.

• Like 2

Funny that we should be talking about Drew Brees. Mahomes just broke his record for most QB total yards in a season.

Here is the top 10 from Pro-Football Reference. For those who wonder, Manning 2013 had -31 yards rushing and 120 yards lost in sacks. Both count for total yards. Interestingly, Mahomes had a pass completion to himself for six yards.

Rank Player TotOff Year Tm
1 Patrick Mahomes (26) 5,420 2022 KAN
2 Drew Brees (32) 5,404 2011 NOR
3 Peyton Manning+ (37) 5,326 2013 DEN
4 Tom Brady (44) 5,253 2021 TAM
5 Patrick Mahomes (22) 5,198 2018 KAN
6 Tom Brady (34) 5,171 2011 NWE
7 Justin Herbert (23) 5,102 2021 LAC
8 Jameis Winston (25) 5,077 2019 TAM
9 Patrick Mahomes (25) 5,074 2021 KAN
10 Ben Roethlisberger (36) 5,061 2018 PIT