The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

Just now, FloydFan said:

Going from being able to trade your QB for two firsts to not being able to trade them at all in one year is absolutely a comical cascade of errors. Keep the homer shades on if you want though. I’ll be here when you’re calling for the front offices heads by week 8

Show me evidence that we turned down 2 FRPs for Carr at any point. I think you're exaggerating Carr's value around the league.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Show me evidence that we turned down 2 FRPs for Carr at any point. I think you're exaggerating Carr's value around the league.

I mean bottom was a first and second and there is plenty of evidence a cursory google search will turn up to as of that. 

If you want to simp the front office fine. But don’t act like they have done a great job as of yet when they bottomed out in their first season, destroyed the value in a major asset, and have shown no semblance of forward perspective yet. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's pretty clear that the only reason Carr accepted minimal GTD money last year was because he also had the February 15th deadline and NTC. I'm sure his agent said, we're okay with the prove it deal, but if things work out we still need to be able to protect ourselves and ensure that DC is in control of his own fate going forward. 

Why give him a deal at all?? He had one more year left.

Just now, NYRaider said:

He's a Colts reporter for a major news publication. There's literally 0 verified accounts or NFL insiders that have ever said we had a FRP + more on the table for Carr. 

Dude it was widely reported last year that we had offers of more than a first for Carr. I’m shocked you’re trying to actually argue this. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Did it hurt Watson value when teams knew he wasn’t coming back?

Other QBs of higher caliber went for more compensation 

Yes, before all the nonsense, Watson would’ve been untouchable. Elite young QBs don’t get traded. 
his value dropped from being untouchable to 3 firsts. 

If the lawsuit never happened, Hou would’ve turned down 3 firsts. Do you disagree?

do you think the bengals or chiefs would take 3 firsts for their QBs?

Just now, FloydFan said:

Dude it was widely reported last year that we had offers of more than a first for Carr. I’m shocked you’re trying to actually argue this. 

Widely reported yet there's not one major news outlet, verified reporter, or NFL insider that you can post saying we had an offer of a FRP for Carr on the table last year. Interesting.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Widely reported yet there's not one major news outlet, verified reporter, or NFL insider that you can post saying we had an offer of a FRP for Carr on the table last year. Interesting.

Dude I’m not gonna do your research for you. One google search will show it. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Lets just say that you did play him in the final two games of the season, how does that realistically change anything now? The team still would've had the same deadline to trade/cut him, so teams would've known that they were shopping him immediately after the season ended. And did you forget that DC posted his farewell post before it was even announced that we were probably going to trade him? Or that his brothers have been in the media and all over the Internet crying about how we're moving on? It would've been common knowledge immediately that we had to trade or cut him by the 15th, lol.

Why would Carr post his goodbye? If even he doesn’t know he’s being traded? Same goes for his brothers.

• Like 1