The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Id tell Indy, that, we like the offer for Carr but now they need to throw in something else for us to back out the NO deal. 🤣

I just feel like teams know the Raiders will always cave in. 
Randy Moss for a 4th
whenever we trade down we get scaps,
even Khalil Mack right before the season for a first and 2 year away first while giving back a second wasnt a great haul. 

it irks me, and if sitting, holding tight on a player shows the league, we are changing directions then I am for it. 

Exactly at the end of the day it’s a business and whatever is best for the team will happen. Morals aside.

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly at the end of the day it’s a business and whatever is best for the team will happen. Morals aside.

Exactly. Business has no morals. Players and teams change on agreements all the time. Remember Roger Saffold contract? It happens. Best thing to do is cut Carr

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m sure nobody here would give a dam if we snaked no’s 3rd for a Indy 1st & 3rd. So you gotta think it’s the same sentiment on the other side.

I was thinking that too. Who says another team could come with a different offer in March. Would we flip it? 

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Ive noticed, the fans who have wanted Carr gone for a while, just want to cut him. LOL
they are terrified of Carr coming back for some reason, so they would rather just cut him than work a trade.

Yup. They blame Carr for HC- GM mistakes. Carr is doing what he thinks is best for him. Can you say the HC-GM are doing what best for the Raiders?? It looks like they are sabotaging the whole thing

If Carr goes to a new team and wins both will be fired and everyone know it.

33 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

This entire 4 day blackout thing Rodgers is doing to determine his future seems like an enormous, screaming red flag. I mean let’s put aside, how incredibly weird and insane this is and just focus on the intent.

Are we really going to trade up to 2 1st round picks for a guy that is that close to retiring?

Why? Dude take a holistic approach to his mental health and that's a red flag?

Aubrey Marcus, who has spoken with AR on his podcast is a big believer in darkness therapy which I'm sure is where this comes from:

Darkness is the most powerful form of therapy I’ve ever experienced. It took me deeper into myself than any type of meditation or even plant medicine I’ve tried. Your trip comes not from taking something but by REMOVING everything. You don’t need drugs when you ARE drugs.

Why judge something because you don't understand it? 

It's okay if the pro athlete numbs himself with pain killers and alcohol in the offseason, because that's socially normal but a guy being alone with his thoughts is a red flag? 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Aubrey Marcus, who has spoken with AR on his podcast is a big believer in darkness therapy which I'm sure is where this comes from:

It's okay if the pro athlete numbs himself with pain killers and alcohol in the offseason, because that's socially normal but a guy being alone with his thoughts is a red flag? 

I agree In theory with you but iirc “dmt” will be involved. I’m all for all natural stuff 1000%. 

14 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Yup. They blame Carr for HC- GM mistakes. Carr is doing what he thinks is best for him. Can you say the HC-GM are doing what best for the Raiders?? It looks like they are sabotaging the whole thing

If Carr goes to a new team and wins both will be fired and everyone know it.

How are the HC GM sabotaging the Raiders? It seems like they washing their hands of an expensive mid tier QB

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agree In theory with you but iirc “dmt” will be involved. I’m all for all natural stuff 1000%. 

I looked it up and only found him referencing extra (natural) DMT production through the interaction with perpetual darkness. I didn't find anything that said he was going to do any psychedelics(?). It seemed like permit reporting. Could you link what you found if it says otherwise?

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Great post

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

How are the HC GM sabotaging the Raiders? It seems like they washing their hands of an expensive mid tier QB

The no trade clause then benching him with 2 weeks left in the season and not letting him talk to teams.  

29 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I believe DMT is produced naturally in every living thing, and this darkness therapy makes the body produce more of it naturally or something

22 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I dont understand how people dont get this;

When you tell the league you are getting rid of a player, it hurts their value.

Hurting the value of players on the Raiders, hurts the RAIDERS. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You misunderstand, the red flag is him contemplating retirement.

the rest of it I could care less, I think it’s highly unusual and yes I do understand it as it’s related to my actual profession. 

Edited by 101Raider

28 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I looked it up and only found him referencing extra (natural) DMT production through the interaction with perpetual darkness. I didn't find anything that said he was going to do any psychedelics(?). It seemed like permit reporting. Could you link what you found if it says otherwise?

“Rodgers said he will be in pitch black all day and night for four days and nights. “It’s really sensory deprivation isolation.” He said it stimulates DMT and there can be some hallucinations.”

ok so maybe it’s no dmt…

“ N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a hallucinogenic tryptamine drug that naturally occurs in many plant species. It can also be made in a laboratory. 

DMT is sometimes referred to as Dimitri, this drug produces effects similar to those of psychedelics, like LSD and magic mushrooms. 

Plants that contain DMT have been usedTrusted Source in religious ceremonies in some South American regions for centuries.

DMT is a Schedule I controlled substance in the United States, which means it’s illegal to make, buy, possess, or distribute it. Some cities have recently decriminalized it, but it’s still illegal under state and federal law.”

Kind of. DMT is the main active ingredient in ayahuasca. 

Ayahuasca is traditionally prepared using two plants called Banisteriopsis caapi and Psychotria viridis. The latter contains DMT while the former contains MAOIs, which prevent certain enzymes in your body from breaking down DMT.”

from healthline.com btw

who knows what’s really going on