The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Aaron Rodgers baby. Even the people against the idea will be pumped up about it eventually. With good defensive FA signings and draft, and Rodgers, we are absolutely big time Super Bowl contenders. 

Rodgers hasnt been in the superbowl for over a decade. And that is with the Packers who had a better defense over that time then i expect the Raiders to put on the field in the next 2-3 years.  

Yes, getting Rodgers means we will win a bunch of games next year. It just won't lead us to winning it all unless we have very very fluke season. Imo we have a bigger shot at winning a SB in the next 5 years if we build the defense and draft a QBotF in the next 1-2-3 years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roninho said:

Rodgers hasnt been in the superbowl for over a decade. And that is with the Packers who had a better defense over that time then i expect the Raiders to put on the field in the next 2-3 years.  

Yes, getting Rodgers means we will win a bunch of games next year. It just won't lead us to winning it all unless we have very very fluke season. Imo we have a bigger shot at winning a SB in the next 5 years if we build the defense and draft a QBotF in the next 1-2-3 years. 

That’s where I’m at. I don’t think we win a Super Bowl with Rodgers. Sure we are better in the short term (1-2 years), but not anywhere near legit contender category. In the long run, this would have a pretty significant impact for the worse.

Besides, I really feel McDaniels and Rodgers would be a disaster as there’s no way Rodgers would allow McD to rip him up in film room. 

12 hours ago, Geezy said:

If we don’t have to spend a 1 I’m all in of Rodgers. 

I personally don't see how this is possible, unfortunately. Rodgers still has some good years left in him so I'm all for it but only in certain scenarios. We have far too many  holes on this team and only one unreplaceable player on defense. We need the draft capital and more than we have to be an instant contender. Him on our offense would certainly improve productivity but the defense still couldn't stop **** last season. We desperately need help in the trenches on both sides.

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

That’s where I’m at. I don’t think we win a Super Bowl with Rodgers. Sure we are better in the short term (1-2 years), but not anywhere near legit contender category. In the long run, this would have a pretty significant impact for the worse.

Besides, I really feel McDaniels and Rodgers would be a disaster as there’s no way Rodgers would allow McD to rip him up in film room. 

Depending on the draft capital to acquire Rodgers, I don't see how doing so would have an impact for the worse. 

You get a QB who was an MVP 2 years ago in a offense with solid weapons including one he's played his entire career with. Winning tends to cure a lot and Rodgers will help that. The entire organization will get a shot in the arm with him at QB. 

So what is the impact for the worse?

As for McDaniels, there is some risk sure. But, I would think his approach with Rodgers would be different given what he's established in his career and how he works. He'd be getting an MVP caliber player, not someone he has to try to mold, etc. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s Super Bowl week. Pretty sure the NFL would rather a trade not happen till next week. Right now on a certain betting site Rodgers is -500 to be the Raiders QB. 

That's a pretty staggering number. DraftKings has him at -450, or implied odds of 82% to be a Raider. Pretty incredible shift over the last few days

Edited by justwinbaby81

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I personally don't see how this is possible, unfortunately. Rodgers still has some good years left in him so I'm all for it but only in certain scenarios. We have far too many  holes on this team and only one unreplaceable player on defense. We need the draft capital and more than we have to be an instant contender. Him on our offense would certainly improve productivity but the defense still couldn't stop **** last season. We desperately need help in the trenches on both sides.

Rodgers is older and GB seems to be tired of his **** lol if AR truly has a preference that will also be leverage in our favor. 

23 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Rodgers is older and GB seems to be tired of his **** lol if AR truly has a preference that will also be leverage in our favor. 

Do they have faith in Love though? They were still a pretty good team this year and one game away from getting into the playoffs after going on a nice run to end the season. Rodgers didn't produce like he's being paid to but getting rid of him puts the spotlight on an unproven guy who hasn't done much. I dunno.... I can see your perspective but I see it the other way as well. Still don't think there's any way to obtain him w/o getting rid of a first whether it be this year or next.

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Do they have faith in Love though? They were still a pretty good team this year and one game away from getting into the playoffs after going on a nice run to end the season. Rodgers didn't produce like he's being paid to but getting rid of him puts the spotlight on an unproven guy who hasn't done much. I dunno.... I can see your perspective but I see it the other way as well. Still don't think there's any way to obtain him w/o getting rid of a first whether it be this year or next.

they have to see what they have in him at some point. I figured it was going to cost a 1, but now theres reports that it might just take some mid round picks. Who knows?

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Depending on the draft capital to acquire Rodgers, I don't see how doing so would have an impact for the worse. 

I’m making the assumption that they want some big time compensation. I.e. this year’s 7th along with next years  1 or 2.l (I’m guessing they want next years 1st as well)

problem I see is that sure we improve, but not enough to take us all the way. So losing out on 2years of draft capital, while ensuring we don’t have any early picks is disastrous IMHO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

they have to see what they have in him at some point. I figured it was going to cost a 1, but now theres reports that it might just take some mid round picks. Who knows?

If that’s the case, I would certainly jump on the bandwagon.