2023 Free Agency

Dessie

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was with Patrick Graham as a rookie, it's hilarious though because he just finished a visit with the Patriots.

if hes good enough for a visit with Bill hes good enough for a visit with the Raiders. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

According to PFF Andrew Billings was the 15th best interior defender in the NFL this year.

It’s truly a sad day in Raider Nation more that my boy Billings has signed with the Bears……😢

All joking aside, he was genuinely very good last year. Excellent at holding his own against doubles, bulldozed guys when they singled him up and was a bright spot in a terrible DT room. I’m really concerned now we let him go for relative peanuts and re-signed Tillery for a similar amount after he was a liability last year. Tillery offers something in the pass game but you simply can’t play him on first or second down. I hope we’re signing a good run stuffer and drafting a couple guys as what we’ve got are backups and PS material at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Billings was JAG. Farrell Jr. is the future at that spot and had some good moments as a rookie. 

Some? Cmon bp no one is calling Billings a pro bowler, but to count on those guys stepping up is risky at best. I believe it was just yesterday you were saying we should do at least a little something......correct? 

5 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It’s truly a sad day in Raider Nation more that my boy Billings has signed with the Bears……😢

All joking aside, he was genuinely very good last year. Excellent at holding his own against doubles, bulldozed guys when they singled him up and was a bright spot in a terrible DT room. I’m really concerned now we let him go for relative peanuts and re-signed Tillery for a similar amount after he was a liability last year. Tillery offers something in the pass game but you simply can’t play him on first or second down. I hope we’re signing a good run stuffer and drafting a couple guys as what we’ve got are backups and PS material at best.

I think the plan is to start NFJ / Tillery and rotate Nichols, M Butler, and A Butler in. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Billings was JAG. Farrell Jr. is the future at that spot and had some good moments as a rookie. 

I take it you didn’t watch the actual games then. Farrell Jr was out of shape, played with no leverage, has no power or explosion, got constantly washed out and offered no pass rush whatsoever. Billings was our second best lineman after Crosby, he was very good last year and even got penetration a few times. Peko, Ferrell, Butler and Tillery were all liabilities against the run quite simply.

At that cost it would be a no brainer to me to bring back Billings, even for just a year then you can see if the young guys have improved at all without throwing them straight to the wolves.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Some? Cmon bp no one is calling Billings a pro bowler, but to count on those guys stepping up is risky at best. I believe it was just yesterday you were saying we should do at least a little something......correct? 

He was arguably our 2nd best player on defense last year and we let him walk for $3.5M.

• Like 2

Just now, Darbsk said:

I take it you didn’t watch the actual games then. Farrell Jr was out of shape, played with no leverage, has no power or explosion, got constantly washed out and offered no pass rush whatsoever. Billings was our second best lineman after Crosby, he was very good last year and even got penetration a few times. Peko, Ferrell, Butler and Tillery were all liabilities against the run quite simply.

At that cost it would be a no brainer to me to bring back Billings, even for just a year then you can see if the young guys have improved at all without throwing them straight to the wolves.

Patrick Graham also loves to play multiple space eating DL together, we could've used NFJ/Billings at DT on run downs. 

• Like 2

makes no sense to pay Tillery more than it would have cost to pay Billings. THey talk about wanting smart players and guys that know how to win, Tillery literally cost us a game. lol Say one thing do the next. Hard to respect. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Patrick Graham also loves to play multiple space eating DL together, we could've used NFJ/Billings at DT on run downs. 

There are a number of good mid round DT prospects like Benton, Brooks, Turner plus guys like Smith, Dexter, Ika earlier on who all fit that big body type of DT. There’s some good value there from rounds 2 to 5 maybe…..I’d like to see at least one.