2023 Free Agency

Dessie

I certainly hope not cuz that’s dog sh*t, just like our o line, 1 yr 3.5 mil? And we couldn’t do that either? Yep, so flippin eager to prove those picks from last year or what? Cuz I’m not getting it either. I want a flippin cigarette rt now!! And I’m not even a smoker. Tryin not to go postal, but they better bang the draft like a 2 dollar hooker or no fans will be in the stands by week 8. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

I certainly hope not cuz that’s dog sh*t, just like our o line, 1 yr 3.5 mil? And we couldn’t do that either? Yep, so flippin eager to prove those picks from last year or what? Cuz I’m not getting it either. I want a flippin cigarette rt now!! And I’m not even a smoker. Tryin not to go postal, but they better bang the draft like a 2 dollar hooker or no fans will be in the stands by week 8. 

It's crazy to assume that a guy they didn't trust to play as a rookie is now someone they have 100% faith in as a starter. Ziegler and McDaniels just do not value the trenches whatsoever. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think our biggest issue is that we just haven't invested resources into the DL. Regardless of who we have at DC having a deep, talented DL is always a great place to start.

Partially agree, we should have spent more resources, but I think it’s more bad investment of resources. Since 2015 we’ve spent;

1st round picks on Ferrel,

2nd round picks on on PJ Hall, Jihad Ward, Mario Edwards

3rd round picks on Key, Calhoun, Vanderdoes, Koonce

Obviously, we’ve spent lower picks too but you’re not really expecting too much from 4th round on and only Crosby has been good.

None of those have been starters, none have been to a Pro Bowl, none have really even been decent for any length of time. We should have spent more first rounders I believe but pretty much every one has been a bust or underwhelming. Mack is the only DLine player we’ve drafted in the last 9 drafts that’s been good 😳 that is absolutely Shocking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Partially agree, we should have spent more resources, but I think it’s more bad investment of resources. Since 2015 we’ve spent;

1st round picks on Ferrel,

2nd round picks on on PJ Hall, Jihad Ward, Mario Edwards

3rd round picks on Key, Calhoun, Vanderdoes, Koonce

Only 1 FRP / 3 SRP on the DL over a 7 year span and they were all busts, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Billings was JAG. Farrell Jr. is the future at that spot and had some good moments as a rookie. 

He hardly even played last year and in the limited snaps he got he graded out as our worst DL by far according to PFF. Billings was one of the better NT's in football last year and got peanuts. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd rather have Greg Gaines, he has more juice as a pass rusher.

Is he a NT can he stop the run? I think we are stuck with Bilol and Tillery at UT we need a run stuffer next to those guys maybe Ferrell will develop into a NT with some juice

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A'Shawn Robinson also played next to Aaron Donald and had 1/4 the sack production.

To be fair tho, I’d have to imagine A’Shawn’s role as more of a run stopping NT, whereas Gaines was likely more in pass rushing downs/play calls.. I mean we have the cap space, I wouldn’t mind signing both because lord knows we need the talent.. then if a DT they wanted was there anywhere in the draft, add him.. But I’d personally prefer to see some vets signed still and use 1st to 3rd rds on CB, LB, S and OG. 

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 1