2023 Week #18 GDT 8-8 Steelers vs. 7-9 Browns

Steeler Hitman

2020-steelers-vs-browns.jpg

Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 1:00 PM in Pittsburgh

Last Meeting was in Cleveland on 9/22/22 week three won by the Browns 29-17 in a game that was actually closer than the score indicated.

po8fnhasan4tupfm8v9l.jpg

Now the talk is potential Play-offs! Not with the Browns, but the Steelers!

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114bcc1643e3dc19c829

Yeah coach Mora people are saying Play-offs!

vwaj9ffebcqzvlaw07f9.jpg

Kenny is Picketting his game up! 

zidzconvyaisczcsdsbw.jpg

The Steelers have a young up and coming Thumper in the run defense

zv5qv6ge4uipgjhepogh.jpg

Watt's playing some more of the injury rust off his game. 

jbb6i7p6em9rwagzbbci.jpg

Should be another hard fought and physical game with Browns.

chubb-pitt.png

Can the Steelers defense stop Nick Chubb and avoid it's first losing season of the Mike Tomlin era?

e05a16d42e7d1e3e38a9698aacbeb70c

The Steelers won't be able to employ a 6-2 defense with Watson at QB.  He can still beat you with his arm and the Browns have some outside weapons with Amari Cooper, Donovan Peoples ones and TE David Njoku.

I have mixed emotions, as I want to see this team continue to win, but they are not a realistic play-off contender.  The Steelers are growing and are a few missing components away from going from decent to potentially good.  I would like to see Coach Tomlin continue to have a non losing season, but the Steelers are also not at point in the draft where they are going to get the top blue chip prospects anyway. Play hard win or lose and build off of the late season surge for the 2023 season. 

BTW: Get well #3 Damar Hamlin. Steelers Nation is pulling and praying for you and Bills Nation!

damar-hamlin-uncle-gives-update.jpg

🙏🧡💙🖤💛

• Like 1

this will be a great test, divisional foe with a legit ground game and a need win.  Clutch KP on a winning drive (again) 

According to HC Kevin Stefanski, OL Jack Conklin’s ankle is a concern this week. Sunday, Conklin left the game, got retapped to return to the game but came out shortly after that. If Conklin can’t play, OL James Hudson III will have to deal with T.J. Watt coming off the edge.

Edited by 3rivers

17 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Beat the Browns, playoffs or not. Don't care about the winning record. Just beat the Browns.

I agree 100%

16 hours ago, 3rivers said:

this will be a great test, divisional foe with a legit ground game and a need win.  Clutch KP on a winning drive (again) 

According to HC Kevin Stefanski, OL Jack Conklin’s ankle is a concern this week. Sunday, Conklin left the game, got retapped to return to the game but came out shortly after that. If Conklin can’t play, OL James Hudson III will have to deal with T.J. Watt coming off the edge.

It would be interesting as TJ seems to be getting healthier or dealing with the injury better. I am sure an off season of healing is probably the best thing towards getting Watt back to 100% for next season. I am more concerned about stopping Nick Chubb consistently. The run defense has been better. This will be another stiff test.

10 hours ago, 43M said:

I really wonder what kind of numbers Pickens would have had on a team with a better OC and more consistent QB play.

I think he definitely would've been in the 1100 to 1200 yard range.

I agree. He should have been more of a focus, especially after trading Claypool. 

Edited by Steeler Hitman

11 hours ago, 43M said:

I really wonder what kind of numbers Pickens would have had on a team with a better OC and more consistent QB play.

I think he definitely wouldve been in the 1100 to 1200 yard range.

70-80 catches, 1100-1300 yards, 7-9TDs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Don’t be shocked by no Clowney. 

I was going to post this, and wasn't sure how to interpret the Browns sending him home. Is home in Cleveland and being able to return and play on sunday? Or is home far away and just stay there, nice meeting you etc?

He hasn't been a major force but still is their starter , so this should help us or will it?

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Our playoff hopes rest on the shoulders of Joe Flacco. Lord help us. 

maybe the Lord is helping us with this. When is the last time a team relied on a game that had both QB3's playing in it?   I would think Flacco is still decent compared to the other QB's the jets have.  Thats a team that needs a QB, something the Stelers are set with for hopefully a long time with clutch KP