2023 Week #18 GDT 8-8 Steelers vs. 7-9 Browns

Steeler Hitman

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Just saying, he is a person with a connection to the Steelers and Pickett.  He is EXACTLY the kind of person they will interview.  

He is also exactly the opposite of what this team actually needs.   New minds, not recycled mediocrity.

That being said, I dont disagree, but Ill be especially frustrated if its him.   

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

Wouldn't mind Whipple to come in as a offensive assistant type role.. I think he could help improve the structure of the passing game.. but no to oc.. way to pass happy 

I would hate Whipple but put money on him getting a interview.  I agree with @43M that they need someone outside the organization.

13 minutes ago, 43M said:

He is also exactly the opposite of what this team actually needs.   New minds, not recycled mediocrity.

That being said, I dont disagree, but Ill be especially frustrated if its him.   

he's also the opposite of what a think tomlin wants. A dominate run game offense that own T.O.P

a whipple offense would turn the steelers into the 2018 one that had ben throwing 40+ a game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Heard Slovik's name passed around alot.   Certainly wouldn't complain.

Brady Im not against either.

I think a guy like Frank Reich is possible given certain connections.

Just go outside the organization and dont bring in any prior failed coordinators.   

Brady basically took Canadas offense at LSU, applied concepts at it, and turned Burrow from a 3rd round pick to the 1st pick. Allen made his big jump when Brady joined the staff last year and Daboll put some of his concepts in. I really like him because the language and base concepts of the offense wouldn’t change too much but it would evolve. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Heres then two names for you:

Bobby Slowik - 49ers passing game coordinator. 

Joe Brady - Bills QB coach

I would be very happy with both. Been a big Joe Brady fan for a while, thought he got a bad deal in Carolina and Rhule was an idiot for firing him mid-season.

8 hours ago, 43M said:

No thanks.    He doesn't have an extremely impressive track record, and he wont have a steady flow of elite SEC talent like he does in Georgia.

I either want a proven quality NFL OC or an up and comer with potential.

Yea I don’t know much about him but he’s getting a ton of praise right now for leading back to back top 10 and national championship offenses with Stetson Bennet at QB. Kind of put on a clinic last night but I get he’s got a MAJOR talent advantage over anyone he’s coaching against. Doing it in the NFL and doing it in college with a huge talent gap are two different things. I think he will get a HC job at the college level soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will be surprised if Canada is fired.  Watching the last 2 games, a lot of the issues are with KP reads and throws.  Not saying the offense is not kind of sucky but players are open and KP is missing them.

My issue tied to that is for a rookie to develop you want him to scan the field deep to shallow and split it minimum in half. Asking a rookie to scan left to right or right to left is asking way too much. I think that’s why he drifts left; as I was rewatching a game almost every first read is to his left. 

I think the design of the offense at times made Kenny look like more of a rookie than he should have  

16 minutes ago, jebrick said:

"That's not a u-haul truck.  I installed a backup alarm on Dionta Johnson.  Needless to say, it goes off a lot."

That Dionte stuff was epic.

"If you need 7 yards turned into 4, call Dionte Johnson"

Pure gold.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

I will be surprised if Canada is fired.  Watching the last 2 games, a lot of the issues are with KP reads and throws.  Not saying the offense is not kind of sucky but players are open and KP is missing them.

I have a real fear that they are going to look back individually and chalk everything up to a rookie QB and a growing offense and see past the holistic issues that exist with Canada. 

There are times when Kenny makes a play, there are times when Kenny misses open guys -- there's times when both happen on the same play (like the Ravens game winner). I do think there might be enough to get fooled into thinking this just takes more time. 

I pray there is someone inside the building saying "we all know the teams we played in the second half of the season sucked, right?". The arrow is pointing in the right direction, but they need serious changes/upgrades that I hope they don't look past because of a 7-2 finish. 

• Like 4

Here are my playoff picks:

Bills over Dolphins

Bengals over Ravens

Chargers over Jags

Niners over Seahawks

Vikings over Giants 

Bucs over Cowboys

Division Round:
KC over Chargers

Bills over Bengals

Eagles over Bucs