Week 12 GDT - Denver at Oakland - The Get Right or Get Left Behind Game

NightTrainLane

Okay...KNJ is gone.

Musgrave is looking for a bit of revenge.

Both sides need a team unifying win in this tight division race.

In a normal year this would be a game where you watch for Oakland's offense vs Denver's defense but both units have under performed of late.

On Wednesday after KNJ was fired Irvin and Mack walked out of practice. (Both were full participants yesterday)

Not to be out done, the Donkeys threw their own ****-show at Thursday's practice - 

https://twitter.com/DailyBroncos/status/933803825462255617 https://twitter.com/DailyBroncos/status/933803825462255617

AND NOW FOR YOUR FEATURE PRESENTATION...

9931c36681c8cd78335b6fa921938793.jpg

c4636acefba125f4755f974573d16630--raider

BLOB5KVCYAE9MCm.jpg:large

ArwLmCyCAAIh6nQ.jpg:large

I'll definitely be watching defence in this one. Don't expect miracles but will be very pleased if we see tighter coverage and taking more chances with blitzes and pressure. I'd happily give up the odd big play if we could rattle a QB and earn a few big plays ourselves. Keep Lynch out of his comfort zone and just execute to a satisfactory level on offence.

This should be low hanging fruit, but we don't know who the Raiders are so who knows. 

Denver is starting a new QB under a new OC. They've largely given up recently. But could be motivated after being called soft by their GM. Question is, will they fight for Vance Joseph who is looking one and done in Denver right now. 

Should be a game for Mack to tee off and create turnovers from Lynch. Great game for a new DC to build the teams confidence. Can Pagano get them ready in short notice?

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This should be low hanging fruit, but we don't know who the Raiders are so who knows. 

Denver is starting a new QB under a new OC. They've largely given up recently. But could be motivated after being called soft by their GM. Question is, will they fight for Vance Joseph who is looking one and done in Denver right now. 

Should be a game for Mack to tee off and create turnovers from Lynch. Great game for a new DC to build the teams confidence. Can Pagano get them ready in short notice?

Is it low hanging fruit ? Now that Carr got over the Chefs hump time to show up and play well against the no fly zone

27 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Is it low hanging fruit ? Now that Carr got over the Chefs hump time to show up and play well against the no fly zone

haahahahhaha.....hahhahahah!

I doubt that Carr "figures" this out and beats the no fly zone.  Denver's defense has been undone by playing against two of the best teams in the NFL and both the offense and special teams committing turnovers in the redzone. The Raiders offense is one of the worst in the NFL and the only turnover the defense know is an apple one. Can the Raiders win? Sure, but they could have won last week too. At this point I have zero faith or confidence in this team doing anything other than winning a game that really really really matters. They can't get up and play unless they really need to and I don't see them doing it in this game. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I doubt that Carr "figures" this out and beats the no fly zone.  Denver's defense has been undone by playing against two of the best teams in the NFL and both the offense and special teams committing turnovers in the redzone. The Raiders offense is one of the worst in the NFL and the only turnover the defense know is an apple one. Can the Raiders win? Sure, but they could have won last week too. At this point I have zero faith or confidence in this team doing anything other than winning a game that really really really matters. They can't get up and play unless they really need to and I don't see them doing it in this game. 

By DVOA the offense is currently ranked ninth.  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2017/week-11-dvoa-ratings

Even if you don't trust DVOA as an efficiency metric and think top ten is a product of some statistical anomaly in their formula, it's still fairly easy to list ten or so offenses that are worse than ours.  Now maybe some of those offenses (Ravens) didn't look so bad against us because our defense is so terrible, but our offense would probably look fantastic against our defense too.

8 minutes ago, 808sinfour4time said:

By DVOA the offense is currently ranked ninth.  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2017/week-11-dvoa-ratings

Even if you don't trust DVOA as an efficiency metric and think top ten is a product of some statistical anomaly in their formula, it's still fairly easy to list ten or so offenses that are worse than ours.  Now maybe some of those offenses (Ravens) didn't look so bad against us because our defense is so terrible, but our offense would probably look fantastic against our defense too.

On paper the Raiders should have the talent to be one of the best teams in the NFL. Their DVOA is potential and what they "should" be, the truth of the matter is they are 21st in total offense and the team is 4-6. That's who they are, that's what we as fans have been watching all season long. Can they bully teams and win? Yeah. I fully believed that the Raiders could have beaten the Patriots last week if the offense played to it's potential but, just as it has most weeks this season, they played poorly and sloppily. If the Raiders played their best they could beat pretty much any team in the NFL but the truth is they don't on offense and on defense they lack the talent or the scheme to make any sort of difference. With the possible exception of the offensive line the entire offense has underperformed. Cooks was supposed to be the big threat over the middle and outside of the Miami game he hasn't been that guy. Cooper and Crabtree where suppose to be 2 #1s but they are playing like #2. Roberts is almost playing against the Raiders. Carr seems to have lost all faith and confidence in pushing the ball downfield. And Lynch was suppose to be the closer but due to the Raider's almost never being ahead he's about at useful as nipples on breastplate. Could all this change? Not this late in the season, at this point the Raiders are who they are, a broken offense ready for the offseason playing for 2018.

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

On paper the Raiders should have the talent to be one of the best teams in the NFL. Their DVOA is potential and what they "should" be, the truth of the matter is they are 21st in total offense and the team is 4-6.

Since when has the league only had 21 teams haha jk.

I knoticed that Holton has been in the concussion protocol the past 2 days and yesterday Patterson was listed as limited with a hip injury. If both can't go we'll be using 2 knew gunners on the punt team. 

We have 2 WRs on the PS (Whitney and Hatcher) and both have good size and could be used as gunner. Of course, we could also move a DB like McGill or Harris to gunner. Just something to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

I knoticed that Holton has been in the concussion protocol the past 2 days and yesterday Patterson was listed as limited with a hip injury. If both can't go we'll be using 2 knew gunners on the punt team. 

We have 2 WRs on the PS (Whitney and Hatcher) and both have good size and could be used as gunner. Of course, we could also move a DB like McGill or Harris to gunner. Just something to keep an eye on.

Good thing the Broncos have one of the worst ST in the league. I think their PR has fumbled like 4-5 times this year

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Good thing the Broncos have one of the worst ST in the league. I think their PR has fumbled like 4-5 times this year

Haha...I forgot about that until you mentioned it. I hope our main guys get back to practice today...checking...

Holton was out W and TH and was limited today and Patterson was limited TH and Out today. Both are Questionable for the game.

I hope they can go and King and the punt team can take advantage of McKenzie. We need every break we can get.

6 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Ah man.  I'll be watching but this stuff is hard to take.  I'll have to seek grief therapy if it continues.

Archived