2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If the Raiders trade Carr to another team and sign Jimmy, no one can blame Jimmy for going there. His old coach,  Vegas, and crazy talent on offense.  

I'm very skeptical that Las Vegas is going to have interest in Jimmy G.  And I'm not sure Jimmy G is going to want Las Vegas either.  From a schematic standpoint, McDaniels' offense doesn't really seem like an ideal fit for Jimmy G's strengths.  And I think Mark Davis is probably going to look for a splashier QB than Jimmy G.  Getting rid of Derek Carr only to turn things over to Jimmy G is rather underwhelming.  Think they're a Lamar Jackson/Aaron Rodgers or a draft QB situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm very skeptical that Las Vegas is going to have interest in Jimmy G.  And I'm not sure Jimmy G is going to want Las Vegas either.  From a schematic standpoint, McDaniels' offense doesn't really seem like an ideal fit for Jimmy G's strengths.  And I think Mark Davis is probably going to look for a splashier QB than Jimmy G.  Getting rid of Derek Carr only to turn things over to Jimmy G is rather underwhelming.  Think they're a Lamar Jackson/Aaron Rodgers or a draft QB situation.

If Jackson resign (highly likely) and Rodgers retire,  who is the other Splash option?

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If Jackson resign (highly likely) and Rodgers retire,  who is the other Splash option?

LIS, I think the draft is a more likely scenario than spending on Jimmy G.  I could easily see them taking one of Will Levis, Anthony Richardson, or CJ Stroud if he's still available.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, I think the draft is a more likely scenario than spending on Jimmy G.  I could easily see them taking one of Will Levis, Anthony Richardson, or CJ Stroud if he's still available.

They will have to trade up for Stroud and I doubt the other two go that high, but we'll see. I think Vegas and Jimmy would be interested in each other unless we make an offer Vegas doesn't want to compete with.  

Im not saying we don't have a shot, just giving an idea what could happen.  

Rodgers is in the investment scene and New York could be interesting to him. Jimmy may like Saleh and the idea of playing NE. Carr could definitely be interested as well. Carr is looking for a team on the rise and great locker room.  We displayed signs of both.  

I'm happy with any of them as long as they work out and we stay aggressive with adding talent over the next 2 years. 

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

They will have to trade up for Stroud and I doubt the other two go that high, but we'll see. I think Vegas and Jimmy would be interested in each other unless we make an offer Vegas doesn't want to compete with.  

Are we sure that Stroud is a QB 1/2?  I'm not convinced that he's a top 2 QB on every team's board.

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

“Pseudo NTC” as I said. He has more control than anyone. Packers will eventually have to play ball. 

It's no different than Favre and Minnesota from years ago.  Favre wanted to go to Minnesota and Green Bay wasn't trading him there.

Just now, rickyt31 said:

You believe Richardson and Levis is viewed higher? If that's the case, I have no problem with the Jets trading up for him. 

I think there are teams that might view them higher.  I don't think there's a consensus on this year's QB class at all.  I think there's going to be at least one of two teams that have Richardson and/or Levis as QB1 in this year's class.

I'm actually tired of debating the QB stuff. It's going to be a while.  I'll make this my final QB post until something happens.  We're repeating ourselves.  Lol

* I'll be happy with Jackson,  Rodgers, Jimmy G, Jones, and Carr. I don't care about the price tag. Help us compete as we build a contending roster. 

* I have no problem with drafting Richardson or trading up for Stroud if he falls to the right pick. If we miss on the Vets. 

*  I'm open to signing a dirt cheap QB or drafting a QB late for development. Good competition for Wilson.  

If we strike out in FA I don’t want a Minshew/Dalton type.

I’d be cool resigning White and drafting Richardson if he dropped. Just sit Richardson for a year, if white gets hurt play Wilson. 

If we can land a Rodgers or someone like that then great but I don’t want to overpay for a qb that’s just bang average or even below average. I would rather take a chance on an exciting draft prospect.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

While I agree with this, I would say that all bets are still on the table when it comes to Las Vegas. McDaniels has no QB as of right now except the guy there looking to unload in Carr. 

So what is the plan? It would cost a boatload of picks and or compensation to pry Jackson from the Ravens, AR would cost 150 million with about 60 million up front and guaranteed. Carr is not in their plans, and Jimmy G while not an upgrade over Carr at all does have this.

Jimmy G and McDaniels does have this, a prior history together in N.E. as flimsy as it may sound, it is something to consider and the transition should be seamless. 

It sure looks like an interesting offseason in the NFL at least when it comes to QB's

Wow why the love for Anthony Richarson. He is not that good. All the reports I have ready say he at least 2 years away if not more. I want NOTHING to do with that. We alreday have one with ZW. I think that some of these QB's will fall. The idea of trading up and giving up a ton of picks for a rookie QB I think will fade. Most of the trade up NEVER work in the last 5 years plus. I think the Bears will have a problem trading the #1 pick. They will want a lot for it and no one will give them that so they take a Will Anderson type guy. I think a CJ Strout or Levi will be there around 10 or so. Then do the Jets trade up for one of them. You don't see these big block buster trades because the one with all the picks wins so often. 

I would like to see this

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Trade for Derek Carr

3. Baker Mayfield

3. Draft a QB and resign Mike White or 

I want nothing to do with Jimmy G, Gardner, Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz or anyone else. I think Mike White is just as good as these guys except Jimmy G and Jimmy G will give you 10 games max. No Thnak you. 

• Like 1