2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Strong chance Carr is gonna be a Saint. Doesn’t strike me as the type of guy that wants to play in NY anyway

Bad part is only Rodgers is a QB that I’d be really happy with. Assuming Jackson can’t be had. Anyone lease is just an ok move for me. FO hype like we’re gonna do something at QB and go average. Is a huge loss in my book. 

9 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Saints and Lions.

After quick glance,  Saints had Lattimore and Kamara in 2017.   Lions had whoever they were in AP's first year debut.

I have seen every Jet draft in their 60 year history and the 2022 draft by,Joe Douglas, could go down as the Jets best draft in history. Only time will tell.

Now a down note, the Green Bay beat writer just wrote the Packers are looking for two first round picks and a third-round pick for Arron Rodgers.

14 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I have seen every Jet draft in their 60 year history and the 2022 draft by,Joe Douglas, could go down as the Jets best draft in history. Only time will tell.

Now a down note, the Green Bay beat writer just wrote the Packers are looking for two first round picks and a third-round pick for Arron Rodgers.

I've been looking to sleep with Margot Robbie as well. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Of course that's what they "want" Fact likely is is they're not getting that.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I've been looking to sleep with Margot Robbie as well. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Of course that's what they "want" Fact likely is is they're not getting that.

They sure aren't going to get it from Joe Douglas. No way in the world would Joe Douglas give up two first round picks.

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bad part is only Rodgers is a QB that I’d be really happy with. Assuming Jackson can’t be had. Anyone lease is just an ok move for me. FO hype like we’re gonna do something at QB and go average. Is a huge loss in my book. 

Woody should have kept his mouth shut but he’s still running it last night about the QB position. I wish he would just STFU.

Rodgers (as long as it’s not astronomical compensation) with Tannehill as plan B. Whoever commits to Lamar Jackson as a top QB in the league is making a mistake, which I why I think the Ravens are hesitant and apparently 100m apart. 

Tannehill will come cheaper than Jimmy G and give similar production, assuming he’s not declining. We can scout for a QBOTF these next 2 years.

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Woody should have kept his mouth shut but he’s still running it last night about the QB position. I wish he would just STFU.

Rodgers (as long as it’s not astronomical compensation) with Tannehill as plan B. Whoever commits to Lamar Jackson as a top QB in the league is making a mistake, which I why I think the Ravens are hesitant and apparently 100m apart. 

Tannehill will come cheaper than Jimmy G and give similar production, assuming he’s not declining. We can scout for a QBOTF these next 2 years.

Do you think we're making the playoffs for sure with Tannehill at QB?

Bc likely if we don't make the playoffs next year there's firings happening. For me I don't want JD fired. I really don't want Saleh fired yet either. So for me there's an urgency as to winning. For me Tannehill isn't moving the needle much for me.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc likely if we don't make the playoffs next year there's firings happening. For me I don't want JD fired. I really don't want Saleh fired yet either. So for me there's an urgency as to winning. For me Tannehill isn't moving the needle much for me.

I can’t say for sure. I can’t say for sure we even make the playoffs with Rodgers since this is such a league of parity.

People always say we “almost made the playoffs” with horrible QB play and Tannehill was leagues better than what we had last year. So by that logic then yes. He’s essentially Jimmy G. Practically the same production.

As far as firings go, we would have to see exactly how the season unfolded.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I honestly don't think Woody fires Joe Douglas. I think he gets to hire another HC as he should. Im still torn on Saleh. I do like how he handles adversity. I don't love everything about his scheme mostly due to a lack of disguising but the metrics of generating the most pressure in the NFL with the least amount of blitzing is impressive. I do however think it speaks more of the personnel than the coaching. 

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bingo that is what has me pissed off for weeks, I know this is coming a Tannehill type player. After that great draft we had last year to end up with a mediocre QB that is pathetic. Yeah, i know the whole story bring in a vet QB so they can develop Zach Wilson. I hope I am wrong.

47 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He really is such a 2IQ human being. He sounded like an absolute imbecile in that interview. 

The good news for us was the GB GM said that if Rodgers wants a move, they want to do it sooner rather than later. Pretty much saying if he says he wants out after this retreat. That they want a resolution quickly and probably before FA. So if Carr goes to NO we can go all in for Rodgers. And let's say we he chooses LV. We should know all this before FA and we know we have to likely go all in on Jimmy G. Which is great to hear. Because I was worried GB would drag this out where if we stayed on the Rodgers train thinking we were getting him with FA starting and missed out on him and Jimmy G and guys went elsewhere. We'd really be screwed.

But it looks like this Rodgers situation will play out in the next couple weeks not into summer.