2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

During one of my RANTS three days ago I said we could end up with a Tannehill, type guy, and that will set us back three years. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT WE MIGHT NOT HAVE A CHOISE. LORD GIVE US STRENGTH.

Tannehill isn’t setting the Jets back any amount of years

Missing on Zach Wilson set them back 3 years

• Like 1

To summarize:

We’re definitely upgrading our floor at QB. We should get solid at best QB play week in and week out. I expect them all to struggle some at times though since none are Elite and expecting that is setting ourselves up for disappointment. The key will be just how good Hackett and Downing can implement and call the passing game. Carter’s ability to establish the run game will hinge on who’s on the line and healthy each week. Right now we have an underperforming Tomlinson and no one else as Becton and AVT are both coming off season ending injuries and the rest of the guys are free agents. 

10 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Assuming he’s not in a decline, he’s really not much different than Carr or Jimmy and shouldn’t be nearly as much as a commitment

Not for me mate. Just don’t like him. Not really sold on Carr/Jimmy either. Rodgers would be nice for the short term and we could develop a young qb/hope Zach learns from his idol. That’s seems the best case all round. 

Failing that I’m all aboard the Anthony Richardson train. If we did draft him he would need to sit for a year. So tannehill for a year would seem more okay I guess in that scenario. 

4 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Not for me mate. Just don’t like him. Not really sold on Carr/Jimmy either. Rodgers would be nice for the short term and we could develop a young qb/hope Zach learns from his idol. That’s seems the best case all round. 

Failing that I’m all aboard the Anthony Richardson train. If we did draft him he would need to sit for a year. So tannehill for a year would seem more okay I guess in that scenario. 

Hooker is the only guy in this draft Id like to see us draft and develop. 

My favorite options are still this.

1. Trade for Rodgers for the right price (meaning not a huge huge haul)

2. Sign Carr

3. Trade for Jackson as long as his price tag is only 2 1st (I think BAL will want more, so I don’t see this as a great option for us).

4. Sign Jimmy G

5. Sign Tannehill

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hooker is the only guy in this draft Id like to see us draft and develop. 

My favorite options are still this.

1. Trade for Rodgers for the right price (meaning not a huge huge haul)

2. Sign Carr

3. Trade for Jackson as long as his price tag is only 2 1st (I think BAL will want more, so I don’t see this as a great option for us).

4. Sign Jimmy G

5. Sign Tannehill

So if the first three options fail and we are then looking at the second wave of qb’s we need to start thinking of our qbotf. 

Hooker to sit behind Jimmy/Tannehill isn’t a bad option. But I have a lot less faith in Hooker becoming a franchise qb than Richardson.