2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Tannehill is who I want at this point.

The way the Jets get a franchise QB is through the draft. They need to keep looking there.

Agreed.  I just don't see a huge difference in terms of lifting this team between Tanny, Jimmy G and Carr.  Tanny is 34 and Carr and Jimmy are 31 so we may get a few more years of playing from those two  Who know when Tanny will hit the wall.  My guess is when he becomes a Jet.

I look at a few things when evaluating these guys after Rodgers.

Let’s start with injury. Tannehill is coming off ankle surgery and Jimmy G is injured quite a bit. Carr on the other hand has missed 3 games in his whole career. He also has been consistent more than the others. And he’s never played on a team that has a great defense to help him out. Which would equal more wins for him. Jimmy G and Tannehill have played with great defenses. So their win loss numbers might look better. But actually that doesn’t at all mean they’re better. I’m taking Carr all day over the other FAs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

He is too much like Wilson for my taste.  Pass.

You right I definitely see it with how they protect the ball. Might be better to move on to Jalen Hurts then don’t think it would take more than a conditional 2045 7th

• Like 1

Things I think are still pointing to Rodgers here.

1. Not going to want to retire the same year as Brady for HOF.

2. We have Hackett a good buddy of his and McAfee who's his good buddy thinks he's coming to us.

3. We offer him a chance to win a SB with an elite defense and young skill around him.

4. I think we have to offer our 13th for him and give up compensation conditional for him based on him still playing for us. We have to do this bc I cant see other teams not offering a 1st this year. So we have to pretty much.

5. Rodgers likely isn't turning down 100mill. Retirement is great. But I don't think anyone has retired with that much still guaranteed still to them.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

2. We have Hackett a good buddy of his and McAfee who's his good buddy thinks he's coming to us.

3. We offer him a chance to win a SB with an elite defense and young skill around him.

4. I think we have to offer our 13th for him and give up compensation conditional for him based on him still playing for us. We have to do this bc I cant see other teams not offering a 1st this year. So we have to pretty much.

5. Rodgers likely isn't turning down 100mill. Retirement is great. But I don't think anyone has retired with that much still guaranteed still to them.

I was listening to my loacl sports radio guy and he said that reports are out that Tuesday Rodgers is going on McAfee show and telling him what his plans ae after his 4 days of drakness. 

53 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I was listening to my loacl sports radio guy and he said that reports are out that Tuesday Rodgers is going on McAfee show and telling him what his plans ae after his 4 days of drakness. 

If he is staying the whole 4 days... I think he went in yesterday and it was 4 nights. Meaning we wouldn't hear anything from him until Friday at the earliest. 

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

From Rodgers standpoint I can agree with much of this.  It is the JD's viewpoint that makes me think Rodgers won't be coming here with the first and foremost issue of signing him before Carr, Tanny and Jimmy G go elsewhere.  How big of a disaster would it be if we missed on all 4 of them.