2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Greene N White said:

In 5 seasons he's only missed 10 games and both of those injuries came on passing plays not running plays with 1 even being a non-contact injury. Zach wilson has missed 8 games in 2 years and I don't see anyone being concerned with injuries.

Wow, that is truly a flawed statement right there.  Let me fix it for you.  Lamar missed 10 games tha last two years.  Zach missed 8 games the last two years.  Lamar missed one game each in 2019 and 2020.  In fact, his only full season was his rookie year.  There fixed.

No one is concerned with Zach's injuries because we are a better team when he is out injured.  Sad but true.

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

Wow, that is truly a flawed statement right there.  Let me fix it for you.  Lamar missed 10 games tha last two years.  Zach missed 8 games the last two years.  Lamar missed one game each in 2019 and 2020.  In fact, his only full season was his rookie year.  There fixed.

No one is concerned with Zach's injuries because we are a better team when he is out injured.  Sad but true.

2019-Ravens rested their starters week 17

2020-Lamar missed 1 game due to covid

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Man, some of you need to relax. No need to get so offended that people don’t want the same QB as you.

At the end of the day, the QB play will be better than last year.

Years of being a frustrated Jet fan will do that to a person.  Think of how boring it this site would be right now if we did not have theses debates.

38 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I personally rank Carr #1 just because he will take less to get than the other 2 and is also much younger than rodgers.

I'm with ya on this.  Everyone else is just wrong and should not try to tell us differently!!!!

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Todd Downing and Derek Carr lit up the NFL. That’s exactly what we should be trying to emulate. And did you see what Hackett did with all that talent in Denver? This offense is going to be lights out. 

I am sure you have mentioned it, perhaps even more than once.  Given the current state of affairs, what is your preferred option at QB?

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am sure you have mentioned it, perhaps even more than once.  Given the current state of affairs, what is your preferred option at QB?

Rodgers for minimal compensation. Essentially no FRPs and no conditional picks since he might retire next year just not something I want to risk. Obviously we ain’t getting him for a 5th but I’d go as high as a 2 if he HAVE to but preferably I’d want something like 3 and a late round pick. That’s ideal for me. 

This eases the transition from MLF to Hackett for the offense. Then on the flip side maybe Wilson can find himself and mirror Rodgers giving us the bridge back to him to take over. If that doesn’t work at least we tried. 

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rodgers for minimal compensation. Essentially no FRPs and no conditional picks since he might retire next year just not something I want to risk. Obviously we ain’t getting him for a 5th but I’d go as high as a 2 if he HAVE to but preferably I’d want something like 3 and a late round pick. That’s ideal for me. 

This eases the transition from MLF to Hackett for the offense. Then on the flip side maybe Wilson can find himself and mirror Rodgers giving us the bridge back to him to take over. If that doesn’t work at least we tried. 

That sounds like a great idea that we'd all be on board with. Except for the fact that we're not playing madden against the computer with force trades on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Do you really think You are going to get Rodgers for minimal compensation he is under contract. You are looking at giving up at least one first round pick. They got us over a barrel.

So without doubt a positive move bringing in Derek Carr. We are universally viewed as the team a qb wants to go too (don’t think I have EVER said that before!) and although some Raiders fans wish you to believe they are the #1 destination for a qb they are wrong. Case in point Josh McDaniels. 

By bringing Carr in we are showing GB we have other options and if their price for Rodgers is too steep then we have another option. Same goes for Lamar in Baltimore although I think that’s much less likely. 

Even if Carr isn’t who you want starting for us the move to bring him in is also a chess move for the other deals that JD may be orchestrating. 

6 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

So without doubt a positive move bringing in Derek Carr. We are universally viewed as the team a qb wants to go too (don’t think I have EVER said that before!) and although some Raiders fans wish you to believe they are the #1 destination for a qb they are wrong. Case in point Josh McDaniels. 

By bringing Carr in we are showing GB we have other options and if their price for Rodgers is too steep then we have another option. Same goes for Lamar in Baltimore although I think that’s much less likely. 

Even if Carr isn’t who you want starting for us the move to bring him in is also a chess move for the other deals that JD may be orchestrating. 

GB isn’t who we’re bidding against it’s whatever teams (like LV and others) that we’re bidding against. Rodgers doesn’t have a no trade clause but he is guaranteed his money and can just he’ll retire. Which is actually more power than a no trade clause. What GB wants really doesn’t matter. It’s what teams are offering that sets the price.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

GB isn’t who we’re bidding against it’s whatever teams (like LV and others) that we’re bidding against. Rodgers doesn’t have a no trade clause but he is guaranteed his money and can just he’ll retire. Which is actually more power than a no trade clause. What GB wants really doesn’t matter. It’s what teams are offering that sets the price.

If GB are hardballing us in trade discussions then showing them we can say no and go with another option is without doubt a major negotiation tactic. 

Report has just come out GB are ‘disgusted’  with Rodgers and if he does come back to GB he will be the backup to Love. How true that last bit would be is very questionable but no doubt the FO and Coaches are pissed at AR. 

13 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Carr and the Jets were always going to explore each other. They would be foolish not to, I wouldn’t read into it so much.