2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So came down here to FL for 11 days. A family member is getting married in Tampa. And going to Disney World Sunday to Sunday.

Why does any of this matter?… a friend of ours works in the FO for the Jets. I never see the guy being I live in TX. And I don’t like to bug him with Jets stuff throughout the year and he next to never gives me any insider info (he has a few times). But he came in town for the wedding. Yesterday we all went golfing and on the 19th hole, football came up. I never bring it up, I let him decided if he wants to talk about it.

And without getting the guy in trouble or anything……

All I’ll say is I put $1,500 on Rodgers being a Jet next year at +650 this morning after our talks. If he’s a Jet… I win $9,750

I’m over for three weeks in April. Can’t wait!!

As another family man to drop $1500 on a bet is crazy….unless your info is bulletproof. 

What do you know that’s made you that confident? That surely isn’t just a ‘we will try and trade for him’ type convo. 

Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

13 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

I’m over for three weeks in April. Can’t wait!!

As another family man to drop $1500 on a bet is crazy….unless your info is bulletproof. 

What do you know that’s made you that confident? That surely isn’t just a ‘we will try and trade for him’ type convo. 

Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Yes it was way deeper then. “We have interest in Rodgers”

I also never really bet that much on individual bets. But I got hot there to finish the year and these 1st couple months (making this Disney trip free pretty much). And with the info I was given. I felt confident in making that Rodgers bet. Again…. I’d never bet money I can’t afford to lose. So I’m “in essence” prepared to lose $1500. But I never would’ve made the bet if I didn’t talk to my buddy a couple days ago.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes it was way deeper then. “We have interest in Rodgers”

I also never really bet that much on individual bets. But I got hot there to finish the year and these 1st couple months (making this Disney trip free pretty much). And with the info I was given. I felt confident in making that Rodgers bet. Again…. I’d never bet money I can’t afford to lose. So I’m “in essence” prepared to lose $1500. But I never would’ve made the bet if I didn’t talk to my buddy a couple days ago.

Cool. I gathered that and understand you can’t say much more. In the absence of the words I’m guessing it’s a pretty strong take though. Very exciting!! 

Iv never really been a betting man to be honest. But $1500 is a lot of money I hope for all our sakes it comes true!! 

I'm in Florida for three weeks in April. Can’t wait! Going to be here for the draft too 👍🏼

Edited by KimuraGod

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The NY Giants just make a crazy move. They traded their first round pick and a second round pick plus another pick to move up to the eight overall pick in the draft. I thought they were so in love with D Jones?

Not seen this reporter anywhere mate?! 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

I read something about Jakobi Meyers (WR, NE) looking for Christian Kirk type $.  I highly doubt he gets that and certainly not from NE, but it got me wondering about Corey Davis.  If Meyers can hint at Kirk money with a straight face, instead of cutting Davis, we might be able to trade him.  His $11M hit this year may be cheap and some team may take him.  Or, we can just keep him if a better cost effective FA is not in the cards.  With the cost of the WR FA market, it may be better to just keep Davis for this year.  I doubt we get anyone as "good" for $11M. Maybe Hackett will not ignore Mims and Mims can replace Davis at some point.  At the very least, spend an early day three pick for a future WR.

6 hours ago, xrade said:

I read something about Jakobi Meyers (WR, NE) looking for Christian Kirk type $.  I highly doubt he gets that and certainly not from NE, but it got me wondering about Corey Davis.  If Meyers can hint at Kirk money with a straight face, instead of cutting Davis, we might be able to trade him.  His $11M hit this year may be cheap and some team may take him.  Or, we can just keep him if a better cost effective FA is not in the cards.  With the cost of the WR FA market, it may be better to just keep Davis for this year.  I doubt we get anyone as "good" for $11M. Maybe Hackett will not ignore Mims and Mims can replace Davis at some point.  At the very least, spend an early day three pick for a future WR.

Ya the money some of these WR want is crazy. I saw the Meyers thing and was wondering is this guy even a top 40 WR in the NFL and he wants Kirk money. Davis is a steal at his price now. I'm thinking keep Davis and draft a WR later in the draft. 

Looks like the Panthers will visit Carr at the combine. Carr will also visit the Jets and Saints again for a second time. I think Carr wants the Jets but knows Rodgers has first dibs on it. Carr will sign after this weekend and if Rodgers is still not sure what he wants to do I'm going after Carr all day. 

13 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Looks like the Panthers will visit Carr at the combine. Carr will also visit the Jets and Saints again for a second time. I think Carr wants the Jets but knows Rodgers has first dibs on it. Carr will sign after this weekend and if Rodgers is still not sure what he wants to do I'm going after Carr all day. 

The Panthers and the Saints would both have to do some salary cap gymnastics to be able to sign him so I'm not sure a deal is imminent.

On 2/27/2023 at 5:48 AM, xrade said:

The free agent WR class is terrible: JuJu, Meyers, Slayton, and Lazard are the only FA WR's that had 700+ receiving yards last year. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The free agent WR class is terrible: JuJu, Meyers, Slayton, and Lazard are the only FA WR's that had 700+ receiving yards last year. 

All the more reason to either trade or keep Davis unless they want to see what Mims could do or try a rookie day 3 pick. Both of which would probably be a downgrade for our new QB. 

38 minutes ago, xrade said:

All the more reason to either trade or keep Davis unless they want to see what Mims could do or try a rookie day 3 pick. Both of which would probably be a downgrade for our new QB. 

$11M in cap savings is probably worth moving on if you're confident that Wilson/Moore can both take a step up next year.