2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

17 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Looks like the Panthers will visit Carr at the combine. Carr will also visit the Jets and Saints again for a second time. I think Carr wants the Jets but knows Rodgers has first dibs on it. Carr will sign after this weekend and if Rodgers is still not sure what he wants to do I'm going after Carr all day. 

thought it came out that the panthers didn't want to use "scotch tape" on the QB position?  i guess Carr isn't a real "scotch tape" option though - would think they'd prefer to draft someone to start with though.

6 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

thought it came out that the panthers didn't want to use "scotch tape" on the QB position?  i guess Carr isn't a real "scotch tape" option though - would think they'd prefer to draft someone to start with though.

Frank Reich is really high on Derek Carr. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

$11M in cap savings is probably worth moving on if you're confident that Wilson/Moore can both take a step up next year.

Moore is most likely a slot WR.  Playing him on the boundary did not work so well.  Of course, without a QB very little will work well.  Wilson is, well, WIlson.  Nothing more need be said.  We do have a hole at the X for a bigger bodied WR if Davis is gone.  Mims has not proven himself but with more playing time and LePew gone, he may able to play the X.  It would be a bit of a gamble and most likely a downgrade from Davis. 

I realize $11M is enticing to get back for a WR who has not really justified it, but with WR salaries sky rocketing, $11M is even cheap for a Davis type receiver.  If the Jets really needed that $11M to upgrade elsewhere, so be it.

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

Moore is most likely a slot WR.  Playing him on the boundary did not work so well.  Of course, without a QB very little will work well.  Wilson is, well, WIlson.  Nothing more need be said.  We do have a hole at the X for a bigger bodied WR if Davis is gone.  Mims has not proven himself but with more playing time and LePew gone, he may able to play the X.  It would be a bit of a gamble and most likely a downgrade from Davis. 

I realize $11M is enticing to get back for a WR who has not really justified it, but with WR salaries sky rocketing, $11M is even cheap for a Davis type receiver.  If the Jets really needed that $11M to upgrade elsewhere, so be it.

For what the WR want and Meyers looking for Kirk money which I thought was a lot, I'm sticking with Davis. Your not getting a WR like Davis for that price in this market. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Tanny is not going anywhere. It is now being reported that Tanny is most likely staying with the Titans. I'm very happy with this because Tanny sucks in my book. 

My order is

1. Carr

2. Rodgers

3. WE ARE F----!! Nothing but trash left. 

I started a Madden franchise and this scenario played out where Rodgers retired and Carr went to the Panthers. I wound up signing Jimmy G and went heavy on the o-line in rounds 1 and 2 (LT and center), now Breece is having a big start to the year and Jimmy is using play action and spreading the ball around nicely. I took a 6th round flier on Stetson Bennett.

That's probably a realistic that we should prepare ourselves for.

Woody is in Indy to meet with Carr.  I am not sure if he will sign this week since JD may be busy with the event, but I would expect the framework to be set allowing for Carr to sign early next week.  There is just too much smoke surrounding Carr to the Jets for it to be BS.  It may all come down to contract terms. 

• Like 1

The low end of Rodgers' trade value should be a 2023 second round pick, assuming he is dealt in a timely fashion. The high end would be a 2023 first round pick with a conditional 2024 second round pick that could become a first round pick depending on either Rodgers or the team's 2023 performance and whether he commits to play in 2024. 

I think we hold the cards now if Rodgers wants a trade. Vegas is apparently out on him bc they don’t want to trade away picks. Which I don’t blame them for. Bc I think they’re further away than us bc of their defense. GB doesn’t really get to set the price given the situation. Rodgers could always tell them he’ll retire if they don’t accept a trade. So shoot low. I’m sure they’ll demand more. But no sense in overpaying if we set the market. Now I know there’s always teams that get involved to see. Watch out for mia to fake being interested to drive up the price for us. I think jd is too smart to fall for that.

But we’re playing it perfect with Carr as well. Not sitting around and waiting for Rodgers. Have had multiple visits with Carr.

Looks like either way we get a huge upgrade at QB.

I give us an 90% chance of landing either one of those 2.

On 3/1/2023 at 6:55 AM, jetfuel34 said:

Tanny is not going anywhere. It is now being reported that Tanny is most likely staying with the Titans. I'm very happy with this because Tanny sucks in my book. 

My order is

1. Carr

2. Rodgers

3. WE ARE F----!! Nothing but trash left. 

i AGREE IF we lose both Rodgers & Carr, we are F*****, I  have been saying this for a month.

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we hold the cards now if Rodgers wants a trade. Vegas is apparently out on him bc they don’t want to trade away picks. Which I don’t blame them for. Bc I think they’re further away than us bc of their defense. GB doesn’t really get to set the price given the situation. Rodgers could always tell them he’ll retire if they don’t accept a trade. So shoot low. I’m sure they’ll demand more. But no sense in overpaying if we set the market. Now I know there’s always teams that get involved to see. Watch out for mia to fake being interested to drive up the price for us. I think jd is too smart to fall for that.

But we’re playing it perfect with Carr as well. Not sitting around and waiting for Rodgers. Have had multiple visits with Carr.

Looks like either way we get a huge upgrade at QB.

I give us an 90% chance of landing either one of those 2.

Oh I think we end up with 1 but I'm leaning towards Carr. Conner Hughes put out that the Jets are cooling on Rodgers and are more interested in Carr. I agree with this too. I think Rodgers is taking WAY to long to think about this meaning he is going to retire or play for GB. He has stated in the past he wants to be the best QB in GB history. He wants to be over Starr and Favre. Rodgers has the MVP but is 1 short of a Super Bowl win. 

Tanny is off the table. Reports have come out that Tanny is "most likely to stay in Tenn."  I'm happy about this because I want nothing to do with Tanny. Like I said before. The jets are VERY lucky to have a QB like Carr hit the market. It is VERY rare for a top 10-15 QB to hit the market in the middle of their prime. I think Carr can be the Stafford for this team. This is almost like the Rams a few years ago when they moved on from Goff. Aaron Donald is Q Will, Ramsey is Sauce, Woods is Wilson and I can go on and on. 

The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt writes the Jets "should be viewed as the favorite" to land Derek Carr if Aaron Rodgers winds up back in Green Bay.

It sounds like the Jets are Carr's preferred team of the three serious suitors he's visited with so far and that Rodgers' pending decision is the main hold-up in Carr's process. Rosenblatt writes that the Jets' meeting with Carr "went well" and Robert Saleh compared him to Matthew Stafford. Rosenblatt writes that the Jets have not offered a contract to Carr yet, and that they are willing to wait out Rodgers before turning to Carr. 

I have been saying this for awhile now. Jets want Rodgers and Carr wants the Jets. Carr is willing to wait but I think we will have an answer REALLY soon like this weekend or few days after. I n the end Rodgers will go back to GB and Jets get Carr at a good deal at 35mill and he is our Matt Stafford like I said in other post. The good news is Carr is a lot healthier than stafford. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt writes the Jets "should be viewed as the favorite" to land Derek Carr if Aaron Rodgers winds up back in Green Bay.

It sounds like the Jets are Carr's preferred team of the three serious suitors he's visited with so far and that Rodgers' pending decision is the main hold-up in Carr's process. Rosenblatt writes that the Jets' meeting with Carr "went well" and Robert Saleh compared him to Matthew Stafford. Rosenblatt writes that the Jets have not offered a contract to Carr yet, and that they are willing to wait out Rodgers before turning to Carr. 

I have been saying this for awhile now. Jets want Rodgers and Carr wants the Jets. Carr is willing to wait but I think we will have an answer REALLY soon like this weekend or few days after. I n the end Rodgers will go back to GB and Jets get Carr at a good deal at 35mill and he is our Matt Stafford like I said in other post. The good news is Carr is a lot healthier than stafford. 

Who is the Jets Sean McVay? Hackett?

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Who is the Jets Sean McVay? Hackett?

No I would not put him there lol. I do think Hackett will be a lot better than people think. He had no chance in Denver becasue Wilson ran the show. It was so bad that when reports asked about Wilosn having his own office and 2 parking spots and bunch of other extra stuff Payton said "ya that is not going to happen." Wilson needs a good slap to the face to say hey for not the team. Now with that aside Hackett has had some success. If he has good players he will be fine and that he will be. 

25 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

No I would not put him there lol. I do think Hackett will be a lot better than people think. He had no chance in Denver becasue Wilson ran the show. It was so bad that when reports asked about Wilosn having his own office and 2 parking spots and bunch of other extra stuff Payton said "ya that is not going to happen." Wilson needs a good slap to the face to say hey for not the team. Now with that aside Hackett has had some success. If he has good players he will be fine and that he will be. 

I hope so. He did well with a Rodgers led O in GB but not so good in Buffalo and Jax. Granted he has much better players on the Jets than those two teams, but his resume is not all that great.

I still maintain that the Jets were looking for an experienced OC in short order. Previous success was optional.