2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Yup it is a deal. They are moving money around. I bet in the next few hours you will see some cuts too maybe a Lawson cut. Rodgers is coming and probably be come out by tonight what all the details are. I bet there is no first round pick being moved. I think a drop from 13 to 15 is part of the trade with a second round pick next year. I think it will be very cheap. I also think GB will eat some of the cap hit. This trade is looking more and more like a salary cap dump trade. GB wants to rebuild now not next year. 

@JetsandIwill know better than me but I’m sure we need a certain amount of cap free to do the trade even for just one day.

So these moves will be likely and then once Rodgers is here we can rework his deal so we can go after some free agents and resign our own guys. 

I'm seeing reports that many Jet players are pushing for Rodgers to get here.

Sauce said "I promise I will not pick you off during practice." LOL This guy gets it. He is in my jet player right now. At this rate he might be top 5 by the end of next season. 

Interested to see what we do at WR. Do we restructure Davis or cut him and if we do cut him what do we do to replace him? If we do move on from him I’d like to see us nab a bigger WR to help compliment Wilson and Moore. Would still like to draft a speedster if possible as well.

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Interested to see what we do at WR. Do we restructure Davis or cut him and if we do cut him what do we do to replace him? If we do move on from him I’d like to see us nab a bigger WR to help compliment Wilson and Moore. Would still like to draft a speedster if possible as well.

Allen Lazard, Noah Brown, Mack Hollins, Marvin Jones, JuJu are guys I kinda like in the bigger Mold. If they wanted to mad someone who’s more similar to the guys we already got on the roster Bobby Trees, Agholor, Zach Pascal, Mecole Hardman would all make some sense too.

15 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Allen Lazard, Noah Brown, Mack Hollins, Marvin Jones, JuJu are guys I kinda like in the bigger Mold. If they wanted to mad someone who’s more similar to the guys we already got on the roster Bobby Trees, Agholor, Zach Pascal, Mecole Hardman would all make some sense too.

Will any of them be cheaper than Davis ($11.2M)?  Are they really better than Davis?  Just keep Davis.

• Like 2

My thinking is that the Jets must insist on 2 years at a minimum and Rodgers has to be all in. As for Rodgers salary. The Jets could tear up the contract and give Rodgers a 2 year 100 million dollar contract with a 50 million signing bonus.

Rodgers would be playing for 25 million per year for 2 years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

These impending moves are moves we'd be making anyway because we needed cap space. However, I do wonder where else we're going to sacrifice to create that additional room. 

Rodgers did say he'd move some money around when he was on McAfee's show. 

Pre June 1 cuts that would not create a hole that needs filling:

Lawson 15.4, Berrios 5.0, Ashtyn Davis 2.7, Bryce Hall 2.7, Hardee 2.3 = $28.1M - $3.75 (to fill out top 51) = 24.35

Players who could create a hole due to depth etc.:

Duane Brown 5.0, thats it.

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

These impending moves are moves we'd be making anyway because we needed cap space. However, I do wonder where else we're going to sacrifice to create that additional room. 

Rodgers did say he'd move some money around when he was on McAfee's show. 

Guys are for sure willing to move money around to win and bring in players. So yes for sure some of these moves were happening regardless... but some are bc they maybe know what our plans are.

Just now, Big T said:

My thinking is that the Jets must insist on 2 years at a minimum and Rodgers has to be all in. As for Rodgers salary. The Jets could tear up the contract and give Rodgers a 2 year 100 million dollar contract with a 50 million signing bonus.

Rodgers would be playing for 25 million per year for 2 years.

The $25M would just cover the signing bonus.  What about salary, roster bonus, workout bonus etc.?  I suspect the whole thing would need to be guaranteed thus making $50M per year.  But even if just the signing bonus is guaranteed, you have the other costs pushing his salary closer to $35M - $45M.  Right now, Rodgers is set to make $30 this year and $40 next year.  Why would he take a pay cut?

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Guys are for sure willing to move money around to win and bring in players. So yes for sure some of these moves were happening regardless... but some are bc they maybe know what our plans are.

Yeah but the more you move money down the road, the tougher it will be later on.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Yeah but the more you move money down the road, the tougher it will be later on.

I believe we can still be done with Uzo after this season with that move. JD is smart. He doesn't move money around for guys he doesn't want around.