2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

His tune is literally not. That just isn't how it works. He literally said he just wants the Quarterback to have to make something happen 10-15 times game, he wants a safe, don't lose the game offense which Rodgers can provide and then when we need him to win us a game hopefully he can do that. I'm not making this up, these are his own words. And before you say why would he give away his strategy well he did the same on defense lol. Send 4, drop 7 and he does it exactly how he said it. 

So you really think he's going to relegate Rodgers into a game manager of a run first offense, even when the numbers say pass first?

I'll be here to bump this thread in a few weeks/months.

31 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

So you really think he's going to relegate Rodgers into a game manager of a run first offense, even when the numbers say pass first?

I'll be here to bump this thread in a few weeks/months.

The number don't say pass first tho especially since Lafleur took over and Rodgers has been playing some of his best football. Here are Green Bay's rankings in pass play percentage since Lafleur became HC:

2019: 16th

2020: 22nd

2021: 17th

2022: 18th

Rodgers has been a high efficiency guy rather than a guy who needs to drop back and sling it 50 times a game. He was even able to win back to back MVPs despite his team not even being in the top half of the league in passing attempts. The packers have ran the ball quite a bit over these past few years.

@jetjuiceand @KingOfNewYork

I think you're both right kind of.

King I think you're right in the regard that we do want to be a run 1st team. Game doesn't always swing that way though. Rodgers in recent history hasn't really thrown the ball around to a ton of WRs. But that could be more so that he didn't have multiple great WRs. It's been mostly Adams in recent history. But he does have the history of being able to throw to multiple big name WRs. Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams and Randall Cobb were on the same team with him lets remember. He spread it around in those days. So he can do it if that's the talent of the team. Now that team in those days didn't have much of a run game. But they did in 2016 still make it to the NFCCG. 2014 they did pretty much the same as well with the same WR core.

For me it's more OBJs personality of a me 1st player that doesn't sit well with me. We clearly already have that in Moore. We don't know if he's matured from his outburst last year. Was it just MLF or was it actually him not getting the ball. Especially if we were to bring in a guy like Cobb. I could easily see Cobb taking snaps away from Moore.

But the other part of this is we have to imagine we do something at WR2. Davis is "likely" cut. So I doubt if we get Rodgers that Mims is our starting WR. Expect an upgrade there. But I don't think it's OBJ. I think maybe Lazard, Thielen, Hopkins, Evans type. 

I personally would love to see what AR could do if he actually had 3 good receivers. Green Bay never invested in the position. For years it was Devante and a bunch of junk. 

Saleh’s tune that he just needs the QB to make 10 or so plays is the 49ers mindset. They’ve won with 4 different QBs. If he is married to that philosophy, why are we possibly sending a 1st round pick and paying possibly 60 million ( I know the Packers will eat some of the contract.)for Rodgers? . Just to make Woody happy?

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I personally would love to see what AR could do if he actually had 3 good receivers. Green Bay never invested in the position. For years it was Devante and a bunch of junk. 

Saleh’s tune that he just needs the QB to make 10 or so plays is the 49ers mindset. They’ve won with 4 different QBs. If he is married to that philosophy, why are we possibly sending a 1st round pick and paying possibly 60 million ( I know the Packers will eat some of the contract.)for Rodgers? . Just to make Woody happy?

Not true he had Nelson, Cobb and Adams for a few years. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

This is what I'm saying. He got to the Super Bowl with Jimmy G and was leading thru 3 ½ quarters, he is perfectly available still. 

Ben Jones officially released by the Titans.

I could see us scooping him to replace McGovern while we groom a young successor (Luke Wypler, die hard Jets fan and we love our Buckeyes).

Edited by jetjuice
  • Like 3