2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Man I wish. But he’s got an untradable contract pretty much. Only other big name guy I can think of is Evans.

The Raiders have the cap space to eat that accelerated signing bonus, but I think it's going to be very unlikely they do that.  Plus, you'd have to imagine that the Raiders would want to recoup what they gave up for him at a minimum.  Not sure Mike Evans is that guy either.  OBJ makes the most logical sense.

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Jason Kelce is a FA. Didn’t know that. He’s gonna be looking to get another ring. We get AR, he has to be an option for us at C.

Perhaps but Philly has just as good a shot at the SB as us. Maybe more so. Why leave the only team he has ever played for?  He also does not strike me as a money grab guy. 

39 minutes ago, xrade said:

Perhaps but Philly has just as good a shot at the SB as us. Maybe more so. Why leave the only team he has ever played for?  He also does not strike me as a money grab guy. 

PHI is pretty tight against the cap. They have to let a good amount of guys walk.

Kelce likely does return on a team friendly deal. But he is an UFA and if we get Aar. It’s those type of vet, win a SB type guys that are still great that we likely go after. 

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

So are we. 

We have more cap and they have literally like half their starters as FAs. So they’re going to have to let some guys walk. As they sit right now. They don’t even have enough to sign their rookie class. Obviously bc they’re a win now team guys can restructure. But they are tight against the cap.

44 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

CJ needs to take a pay cut or restructure. Loads of solid guys there for us. 

He’s the leader and main captain of our defense. His value is worth more than just tackling. He does need to restructure… but we certainly don’t need to get rid of him. But resigning Quincy and Kwon shouldn’t be no brained with some of these guys on this list. Lots of talent there at a position that generally doesn’t require a “huge” contract.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

They’re all in too. That’s why they were clearing space. And they likely have little to no draft picks after this for this year and next. Which is good for us. Ramsey is still really good. But no longer elite. In fact he’s at best the 3rd best CB in the AFCE after Sauce and White.