2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

So I assume we can get rid after two years if he doesn’t live up to expectations. I actually think that’s a decent deal. If we cut/trade Corey the numbers work. Corey has been injured a lot here unfortunately 

Depends on the bonus structure. If the guarantees are tied to roster bonuses it looks like we can be out for a minimal price after 2 but if it’s a signing bonus it’s prorated over the 4 years(5.5) per so it’d depend on the base salary structure. Hopefully the deal is back loaded if most of the 22M is signing bonus.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

So we traded Corey Davis for Allen Lazard who is not as good and doesn't produce with 5 years with Rodgers. Hope this pr*ck is happy he gets his mediocre buddies to come along. 

We can still trade Davis for a bag of chips.  

Just now, ekill08x said:

So we traded Corey Davis for Allen Lazard who is not as good and doesn't produce with 5 years with Rodgers. Hope this pr*ck is happy he gets his mediocre buddies to come along. 

Meh I disagree. I think skill wise they are both about the same. Lazard is a fabulous blocker too. Most importantly he’s more healthy and has a rapport with AR. Same money too.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Depends on the bonus structure. If the guarantees are tied to roster bonuses it looks like we can be out for a minimal price after 2 but if it’s a signing bonus it’s prorated over the 4 years(5.5) per so it’d depend on the base salary structure. Hopefully the deal is back loaded if most of the 22M is signing bonus.

22 gtd.   umm.  less than 2m base salary on first year.  10m SB. 11m GTD for 2024 base salary.    GoT. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Lazard is not as talented as Corey Davis can we not do this. Please. 

He is what he is and let’s hope he produces at the rate we’re expecting, he’ll likely be our highest paid offensive weapon this season. 

Right now, it is just money talk.  We have until tomorrow to sort it out.

I think we may be forced to go OT at 13 and I like Jones versatility there but probably from now until draft day I'm going to be pounding the table for Calijah Kancey.  No not at 13 but in a trade down.  One of my favorite prospects right now.

rush downs - JJ, Q, Rankins, JFM

pass rush downs - Lawson, Q, Kancey, Huff

That pass rush, yes please.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I think we may be forced to go OT at 13 and I like Jones versatility there but probably from now until draft day I'm going to be pounding the table for Calijah Kancey.  No not at 13 but in a trade down.  One of my favorite prospects right now.

rush downs - JJ, Q, Rankins, JFM

pass rush downs - Lawson, Q, Kancey, Huff

That pass rush, yes please.

I don’t think we can afford Rankins right now.

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lazard is not as talented as Corey Davis can we not do this. Please. 

He is what he is and let’s hope he produces at the rate we’re expecting, he’ll likely be our highest paid offensive weapon this season. 

THIS