2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

The part that gets me with the “just bring in competition for Wilson” approach. Is that he was literally the worst starting QB in the league last year. So bringing in any scrub is competition for him. 2 bad players battling it out all bc we have a new offense, isn’t my idea of fixing this team.

17 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This. 

I'd rather go at with Zach + a vet and if they bomb we're in prime position for Caleb Williams and a guy like Jim Harbaugh or Sean Payton if he doesn't take a job this season since Douglas and Saleh will be gone. 

So much better than Carr and an 8 win ceiling. 

We can play out these fantasy situations all you want but the bottom line is Saleh and Douglas are not bringing in a qb that Zach would even have a chance to compete against. That would require them to go to the USFL or some **** anyways because no “vet” they’d consider is even as close to incompetent as Zach. Their jobs are on the line and they will be bringing in a day 1 starter it’s just facts. 2. The team is way too talented to be picking #1 that shouldn’t even be a thought and it’s embarrassing that we have fans that are thinking this way. 3. It seems as if you never have watched a raiders game because this team won 7 games with the atrocity we had at qb this season they would’ve had a 9 win FLOOR with carr. Saleh and Douglas aren’t just gonna lay down and die and let Zach have a shot it would lose them their jobs.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The part that gets me with the “just bring in competition for Wilson” approach. Is that he was literally the worst starting QB in the league last year. So bringing in any scrub is competition for him. 2 bad players battling it out all bc we have a new offense, isn’t my idea of fixing this team.

Exactly. There’s no competition unless you bring in some absolute scrub. Anyone competent and it’s automatically their job

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. There’s no competition unless you bring in some absolute scrub. Anyone competent and it’s automatically their job

Just now, Greene N White said:

We can play out these fantasy situations all you want but the bottom line is Saleh and Douglas are not bringing in a qb that Zach would even have a chance to compete against. That would require them to go to the USFL or some **** anyways because no “vet” they’d consider is even as close to incompetent as Zach. Their jobs are on the line and they will be bringing in a day 1 starter it’s just facts. 2. The team is way too talented to be picking #1 that shouldn’t even be a thought and it’s embarrassing that we have fans that are thinking this way. 3. It seems as if you never have watched a raiders game because this team won 7 games with the atrocity we had at qb this season they would’ve had a 9 win FLOOR with carr. Saleh and Douglas aren’t just gonna lay down and die and let Zach have a shot it would lose them their jobs.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda

I watch as much football as I can. Carr ain’t it. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Who said bring in a scrub? 

Remember how Seattle went with the Geno and Lock competition, Geno wins and sets a franchise record, gets to the playoffs and makes a pro bowl. 

Any guy we bring in will be casted off from his previous team so there’s flaws in his game otherwise the team wouldn’t be happy to get rid of him. Unless it’s Lamar where clearly it’s a contract/health thing.

Whoever that guy is and Zach should battle for QB1 unless it’s Jackson. 

39 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This. 

I'd rather go at with Zach + a vet and if they bomb we're in prime position for Caleb Williams and a guy like Jim Harbaugh or Sean Payton if he doesn't take a job this season since Douglas and Saleh will be gone. 

So much better than Carr and an 8 win ceiling. 

Please don't get me thinking about a Caleb Williams, Sean Payton duo. I don't think my heart can take another Braden Mann tackle to kill my dreams. 

• Like 1

I'm turning into a coaching/front office and locker room guy.

We have our GM.  We are unsure about our coach and we better not mess up this OC search.  From our view it seems like Zach isn't well liked.  I was a big supporter going into the season and gave him a super long leash.  Once he revealed he never thought he could lose his job and that he wouldn't take accountability, I lost him.  The team responded differently with Mike White.  GW and Moore have been visibly and verbally critical.  GW has potential to be our best home grown offensive player ever.  Best offensive pick since Keyshawn.  We have to do what it takes to keep him happy and get him the ball.

Now I've also been one of MLF's biggest critics for two years as well.  Maybe some of their frustration was MLF play calling and his inability to play to players' strengths.  I'm 50/50 on whether Zach should be here or not.  I think smartest thing is to keep the locker room tight with a proven leader and get whatever you can for Zach so you can develop a draft pick.  Zach is a mental midget who, unless a massive look in the mirror happens internally, will probably fall behind the rookie. Maybe we get a competent OC that plays to his strengths? IDK but I lean cut bait and groom someone.  Not do all 3 at once.

Based on media “reports”, several things look to be apparent regarding QB:

1.  Zach will be here and he will be developed. I take this as he will be sitting and learning next year.

2.  We will get a vet QB to start. As long as the $ fit within the cap, cost won’t matter.  Who for how long and how much will be answered by mid March.

3.  The Vegas odds have the Jets favored for Lamar.  Pure speculation. I can’t see JD forking over 2 FRP’s since Balt. Will most likely tag Lamar.