2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

100% I think confidence plays a part. But where is he getting this magical confidence from. Not the fan base. Not the media. Heck not even his teammates.

And quite frankly he deserved a lot of what turned on him when he didn’t man up after playing one of the worst games from a QB ever. I mean ever. 

I don't think he deserved it personally.

As for where he'll get it from again we're not psychologists, he'll come in and play. If he plays well everything else will work itself out. Can't get any worse than what it was. As for his teammates, pretty sure I saw multiple guys consoling him after that Jags game. They don't hate him even if you do. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

100% I think confidence plays a part. But where is he getting this magical confidence from. Not the fan base. Not the media. Heck not even his teammates.

And quite frankly he deserved a lot of what turned on him when he didn’t man up after playing one of the worst games from a QB ever. I mean ever. 

The Steve Young comments were very concerning as well. Came out and said that Mike LaFleur had tough love with him and kept him at an arms length this year. Also stated that Zach essentially needs to be coddled and for someone to tell him "its going to be okay" and "you can do this". QB coach is also an LI guy, specifically a town over and in the same age group. Have mutual friends. Zach is not exactly the prom king of that locker room. Now it could be exaggerated a bit too, but apparently not a great relationship with QB coach and QB either. 

Devils Advocate: year 3 at BYU was the year that everything clicked for Zach. As awful as he as looked, this is the one thing that I can't help but keep thinking of in the back of my mind. 

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The Steve Young comments were very concerning as well. Came out and said that Mike LaFleur had tough love with him and kept him at an arms length this year. Also stated that Zach essentially needs to be coddled and for someone to tell him "its going to be okay" and "you can do this". QB coach is also an LI guy, specifically a town over and in the same age group. Have mutual friends. Zach is not exactly the prom king of that locker room. Now it could be exaggerated a bit too, but apparently not a great relationship with QB coach and QB either. 

Devils Advocate: year 3 at BYU was the year that everything clicked for Zach. As awful as he as looked, this is the one thing that I can't help but keep thinking of in the back of my mind. 

without fans.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s his philosophy it doesn’t change based on what he has on the other side of the ball. Bowles was the same way that’s why he fired Johnny Morton because he was throwing the ball too much lol. Defensive minded head coaches are very conservative by nature. Rex was the same way. 

I will agree when we have a good O and he still wants to play this way. Right now it is just an assumption. Let’s also remember Saleh was hired to be a CEO HC. The others, not so much. In this debate, I’ll wait for this team to have the three missing O pieces before crowning Saleh as a D focused HC. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Without playing much NFL talent on D. 

Josh Allen was not that good against better teams during his college time. We can pick any reason why a certain qb sucks.   lol.   In Wilson's case, many scouts were concerned about his ability to lead the ship under scrutiny. 

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Josh Allen was not that good against better teams during his college time. We can pick any reason why a certain qb sucks.   lol.   In Wilson's case, many scouts were concerned about his ability to lead the ship under scrutiny. 

Yes Allen is rare though. Of course small school guys have panned out before. But generally it's not dont often.

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

How about giving Wilson another chance with different OC?

Absolutely. In a year or two. Not before. Zach needs at least a year to mature as a QB and a person. In hindsight, he never should have seen the field in year 1. That is on a the coaching staff.  His poor play is in him and the staff. His immaturity is on him. He needs time out of the limelight. 

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

I will agree when we have a good O and he still wants to play this way. Right now it is just an assumption. Let’s also remember Saleh was hired to be a CEO HC. The others, not so much. In this debate, I’ll wait for this team to have the three missing O pieces before crowning Saleh as a D focused HC. 

You don’t need to wait lol. These are his words not mine. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That's what Denver thought. 

Much different circumstances though.  When Hackett went to Denver, Rodgers was the MVP and the Packers were the #1 seed, much harder to sell that to fans to try and trade him.  Now both he and Packers are coming off down years, plus it was the first time Love has flashed some franchise QB potential.