2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

32 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

When it’s come to the Jets it’s always this impossible, world has to end nonsense for us to be a good team but with other teams it’s just (insert new coach) and boom playoffs. 

Are we legit cursed?

I've live my whole life watching a hated division rival break all the winning records and win 5 SBs with a GOAT QB they picked up in the 6th round while my team has rarely made it to the playoffs (at most reaching the AFCCG and losing) and hasn't once been able to develop a QB.

I'm 32. That feels cursed to me.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This was to credit Daboll. Idk where Jamarcus Russell comes into play. 

My point is good coaching doesn’t mean whoever you have works. We get a Daboll type OC in here. That doesn’t equal Wilson succeeding. Some players just aren’t good. And as I’ll continue to say. Wilson has done nothing in 22 games to where I think he’s good. And there’s countless evidence to support how bad he is. Just the line of thinking that there’s hope for Wilson still is crazy to me.

Either some are watching a different game than I am.

Or they have too much pride to just say we screwed up again at QB.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This was to credit Daboll. Idk where Jamarcus Russell comes into play. 

I also know you knew I was screaming for Daboll as HC. And a big part of that was for Wilson. Wish we could’ve done that and seen what would’ve happened. But that’s over and done.

Only OC I REALLY want in here is Joe Brady

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My point is good coaching doesn’t mean whoever you have works. We get a Daboll type OC in here. That doesn’t equal Wilson succeeding. Some players just aren’t good. And as I’ll continue to say. Wilson has done nothing in 22 games to where I think he’s good. And there’s countless evidence to support how bad he is. Just the line of thinking that there’s hope for Wilson still is crazy to me.

Either some are watching a different game than I am.

Or they have too much pride to just say we screwed up again at QB.

Yeah not about Wilson. It was just crazy how Allen reverted back to his high turnover style and Daniel Jones went in the opposite direction. 

Im hoping the OC we get is good at teaching these things. Brian Johnson for example is standing out a ton to me. Brady, as you mentioned, is another good one. I did hear how he struggles in the RZ though but according to Teddy Bridgewater when he was in Carolina they barely worked on RZ.

These little things matter, I don’t think it’s something we as fans can continue to let happen. Fans will boo and cry for a new QB or Head Coach or OC but in reality change for the sake of change isn’t always good. We need people who are doing all of the little things that the great teams are doing. Innovation, consistency, accountability, etc…it begins and ends with coaching hence “coaching matters”

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah not about Wilson. It was just crazy how Allen reverted back to his high turnover style and Daniel Jones went in the opposite direction. 

Im hoping the OC we get is good at teaching these things. Brian Johnson for example is standing out a ton to me. Brady, as you mentioned, is another good one. I did hear how he struggles in the RZ though but according to Teddy Bridgewater when he was in Carolina they barely worked on RZ.

These little things matter, I don’t think it’s something we as fans can continue to let happen. Fans will boo and cry for a new QB or Head Coach or OC but in reality change for the sake of change isn’t always good. We need people who are doing all of the little things that the great teams are doing. Innovation, consistency, accountability, etc…it begins and ends with coaching hence “coaching matters”

While I agree with you in theory…. I still think it comes down to players. Our defense is evidence of this. Apparently all we needed for this D to go from worst top top 5 was CBs. All we need to go from one of the worst offenses to one of the better ones perhaps is a QB. We didn’t just sit and hope Echols and Hall would get better under the system. We went and got talent. We want good QB play. Go get it. Bc Wilson doesn’t have it.

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

While I agree with you in theory…. I still think it comes down to players. Our defense is evidence of this. Apparently all we needed for this D to go from worst top top 5 was CBs. All we need to go from one of the worst offenses to one of the better ones perhaps is a QB. We didn’t just sit and hope Echols and Hall would get better under the system. We went and got talent. We want good QB play. Go get it. Bc Wilson doesn’t have it.

The Giants will damn near the same exact team went from picking 5th to in the playoffs.

Of course we need better QB play, I don’t think anyone has said otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Our DL play was vastly better.