2023 Off Season / Draft Thread

DM316

Lots of Bijan smoke right now. Could mean absolutely nothing, but my gut tells me it's legit. We've seen this regime go BPA (Pitts) when some would argue it's too early for that position (TE). I could see it happening again. Position value aside, Bijan will very likely be BPA at 8. Not sure if anyone else would agree besides @DM316, but I'm here for it. Still prefer a trade down in this draft, but wouldn't mind Bijan one bit. 

43 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Lots of Bijan smoke right now. Could mean absolutely nothing, but my gut tells me it's legit. We've seen this regime go BPA (Pitts) when some would argue it's too early for that position (TE). I could see it happening again. Position value aside, Bijan will very likely be BPA at 8. Not sure if anyone else would agree besides @DM316, but I'm here for it. Still prefer a trade down in this draft, but wouldn't mind Bijan one bit. 

I'd much rather BPA at OL/DL/CB but the offense would be fun with him in it. He needs to be viewed as a weapon i.e. Pitts with his receiving and route running. You could realistically have a package with London, Pitts, Hollins and Bijan in the slot with Allgeier in the backfield. That would be a headache.

1 hour ago, swoosh said:

I'm totally cool with it. But if Carter is there, I think they would go with him over Bijan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

I'm totally cool with it. But if Carter is there, I think they would go with him over Bijan.

I'd be good with Carter. If he passes this organization's checks and they're comfortable with him, that's more than good enough for me. He'd easily be BPA at a more premium position. Defensive line rotation would be filthy and you couldn't ask for two better role models for Carter than Jarrett and Campbell. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Or Richardson, tbh.

To a point .... ceiling with elite traits + younger + poise and pocket awareness. If they think they can fix the mechanics and make it a run-centric offense around him, I could at least see the vision. Levis I don't see it at all, aside from a "cannon". He's in elite company with -50 passing TD's +25 INT's with Vince Young, Josh Freeman, EJ Manuel, and Christian Ponder. Pass. That said I want neither and I think the way the roster is being built that won't be the case, crazier things have happened though. They'll both get overdrafted, with the slotted contracts it doesn't set you back 5 years anymore.

Edited by DM316

Week out, who do you think is the most likely pick for 8? For me it's one of, Tyree (if he falls to us), Jalen (if he falls, cleared by front office), Murphy, Bijan, or Skoronski. While I think Gonzalez/Witherspoon could be BPA at the pick, think we will wait until round 2/3 (just gut, no reasoning) for a CB. If we trade down, Brian Branch could be an option.

Edited by BowlesDawgDX

11 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Week out, who do you think is the most likely pick for 8? For me it's one of, Tyree (if he falls to us), Jalen (if he falls, cleared by front office), Murphy, Bijan, or Skoronski. While I think Gonzalez/Witherspoon could be BPA at the pick, think we will wait until round 2/3 (just gut, no reasoning) for a CB. If we trade down, Brian Branch could be an option.

I think it will be Skoronski, if no trade down. I like Paris Johnson better (more upside as a future LT while having G experience) but I think he's gone by 8 too. I have Tyree and Jalen going before 8 now. If we trade down I'll guess it's for Bijan with Branch as a fall back. I saw one being floated by someone on ESPN (can't remember who) 8 & 75 to NYJ for 13, 43, & Corey Davis. If Wilson, Carter, or Anderson (slim chance) aren't there I'd do that. I also saw it would be cheaper for the Jets to cut him than trade him so idk if that's realistic.

6 hours ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

If I had to only name one player and put money on it, I'd roll with Bijan. Combination of me being confident he'll actually be there at that spot and a gut feeling based on some smoke I've heard. Skoronski would probably be second as he fits a need at LG and he should be on the board at 8. Didn't go with Wilson, Carter, Gonzalez, or Witherspoon for those exact reasons you named. Literally nailed it. 

I saw something interesting, Campbell's interview after he signed he mentioned Smith saying his role would be "true defensive end" (Cam Jordan role?). Still be a multiple defense but I'm guessing our base is going to look more 4-3. I have a feeling a big DE is in the cards as a successor i.e. Wilson (probably won't fall), LVN (too rich at 8), or Round 2 guys like Keion White, Adebawore, and Tuipulotu vs a Nolan Smith or Ojulari.

PFN is updating projections on the fly. I just did 3 different mocks with 3 different scenarios. I love the value in 2 and 3 so a trade down is still optimal.

8. Bijan Robinson / RB / Texas

44. Adetomiwa Adebawore / EDGE / Northwestern

75. Sydney Brown / S / Illinois

110. Tank Dell / WR / Houston

113. Wanya Morris / OL/ Oklahoma

8. Tyree Wilson / EDGE / Texas Tech

44. Jahmyr Gibbs / RB / Alabama

75. Ji'Ayir Brown / S / Penn State

110. Jonathan Mingo / WR / Ole Miss

113. Tyler Steen / OL / Alabama

8. Peter Skoronski / OL / Northwestern

44. Rashee Rice / WR/ SMU

75. Tuli Tuipulotu / DL / USC

110. Ricky Stromberg / C / Arkansas

113. Zach Evans / RB / Ole Miss

After Hayward's release, I think the Falcons are going to find a way to bring in Brian Branch. He's such a perfect fit for this defense as a NCB/third safety in Nielsen's defense. 8 seems richer for him than Bijan though, so it's likely in a trade down or even trade up scenario if he drops. 

Edited by swoosh

16 hours ago, swoosh said:

After Hayward's release, I think the Falcons are going to find a way to bring in Brian Branch. He's such a perfect fit for this defense as a NCB/third safety in Nielsen's defense. 8 seems richer for him than Bijan though, so it's likely in a trade down or even trade up scenario if he drops. 

The Aints always put a premium on safety's when he was there too.