2023 Off Season / Draft Thread

DM316

5 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Some guys I could see being targeted here. All of them have met with the Falcons, aside from Tyler Scott. 

A.T. Perry, WR

Xavier Hutchinson, WR

Trey Palmer, WR

Tyler Scott, WR - No reported visit (key word: reported) but there's the Ridder connection

Antonio Robinson, S

Jammie Robinson, S

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, CB

Yeah I’d really love to have Scott here. He doesn’t quite fit Arthur Smiths mold of being a skyscraper lol. But he’d compliment our guys extremely well along with having a connection with our QB.

Other guys for me:

WR AT Perry, CB Terrell Smith, OT Blake Freeland, CB Tre’Vius Hodges and CB Darius Rush

6 minutes ago, SoCalDirtyBird said:

Yeah I’d really love to have Scott here. He doesn’t quite fit Arthur Smiths mold of being a skyscraper lol. But he’d compliment our guys extremely well along with having a connection with our QB.

Other guys for me:

WR AT Perry, CB Terrell Smith, OT Blake Freeland, CB Tre’Vius Hodges and CB Darius Rush

The FSU homer in me would love Robinson. Nothing flashy. Not big, more quick than fast, not rangy, not a big hitter but he's high IQ and scrappy with a nose for the ball. 

12 minutes ago, SoCalDirtyBird said:

Other guys for me:

Rush is going to be a steal for someone. Surprised the postseason didn't push him up further. I wouldn't have batted an eye at him going late 2, early 3.

Love Clark Phillips, especially in the 4th. Saw a lot of him in the PAC 12 and thought he was deserving of being a 3rd round pick, if not back end of round two. Fantastic selection at a position of need. He should contribute as a rookie. 

7 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Love Clark Phillips, especially in the 4th. Saw a lot of him in the PAC 12 and thought he was deserving of being a 3rd round pick, if not back end of round two. Fantastic selection at a position of need. He should contribute as a rookie. 

Steal. Tell me I can have Gonzalez in 1 or Phillips in 4 I’d take the latter all day. 

Edited by DM316

Love the pick. Dude is an absolute football player. Should be able to come in and contribute on defense right away if we need him to. 
Terrell on one side

Hughes Okudah and Armstrong battle it out for the opposite spot

Alford and Phillips battle it out for the slot corner job

High quality secondary depth

• 3 weeks later...

Idk where to ask this question, but I was wondering about Jeff Okudah. When he came out of OSU, I was a big fan. I know he's had injury problems, but how well do you all expect him to play this season.

Atlanta truly has one of the best CBs in football in A.J. Terrell, so maybe that helps Okudah a lot.

On 5/18/2023 at 10:57 AM, showtime said:

Idk where to ask this question, but I was wondering about Jeff Okudah. When he came out of OSU, I was a big fan. I know he's had injury problems, but how well do you all expect him to play this season.

Atlanta truly has one of the best CBs in football in A.J. Terrell, so maybe that helps Okudah a lot.

He probably starts at RCB and is at least competent. I’m not expecting more than that though. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2023 at 7:57 PM, showtime said:

I'm hoping that he does good as well, if he learns from A.J Terrell that could be a big plus for the team. 

• 1 month later...

Interesting thing about the Falcons defense from their recently released depth chart: 

F3Lr0QKWQAEayB7?format=webp&name=360x360

9 new starters. 

6 of them signings. 3 were internally developed guys. 

2024 looks like 3 more internally developed guys in Harrison, Phillips and Malone will take over for Dupree, Okudah and Campbell.