2023 Off Season / Draft Thread

DM316

21 hours ago, swoosh said:

After Hayward's release, I think the Falcons are going to find a way to bring in Brian Branch. He's such a perfect fit for this defense as a NCB/third safety in Nielsen's defense. 8 seems richer for him than Bijan though, so it's likely in a trade down or even trade up scenario if he drops. 

If we stay at 8 and take whomever, I think we’ll trade with Minnesota to grab Branch ahead of the Jags. They don’t have many picks and this regime hasn’t stayed at their 2nd round pick, so makes sense to me, not sure what the trade could be though

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/s2-nfl-scores-bryce-young-2023-draft-cognition-test/aenotiwr9vumgcmilpt1avjj

Smokescreen season, you guys buying or selling Stroud falling after his low score on the S2 cognitive test? It seems a lot more relevant than the Wonderlic test. Young looks like a lock at #1, sounds like the Colts like Levis, and the other teams are looking at defense. It would be huge for 2 QBs to be there at 8 as far as increased odds of trading down. HOU, TEN, and MIN all prime candidates.

Young 98th percentile

Levis 93rd percentile

Richardson 79th percentile

Stroud 18th percentile

Edited by DM316

59 minutes ago, DM316 said:

Word is we're trying to move down, hopefully a couple QB's are there when we pick. What's you guys' dream scenario?

Trade down to 16. Get the Commies 1st next year and 2nd this year. Still take Bijan or Nolan Smith.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DM316 said:

Word is we're trying to move down, hopefully a couple QB's are there when we pick. What's you guys' dream scenario?

Trade down to Tennessee at 11 and pick up an extra 2nd (we may have to throw in a late round pick too). Grab Bijan. Then trade our 2nd and 3rd to move back into the late first and grab Brian Branch if he's still on the board. We'd have another 2nd to address either DE or OG. Possibly WR but I think we can grab one in round 4, especially if we add Bijan at 11. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Trade down to 16. Get the Commies 1st next year and 2nd this year. Still take Bijan or Nolan Smith.

I'd be on board with Nolan Smith too. Like both the CB's too if one of them is there after a trade down, although likely not at 16. It's possible around 11 though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swoosh said:

Trade down to Tennessee at 11 and pick up an extra 2nd (we may have to throw in a late round pick too). Grab Bijan. Then trade our 2nd and 3rd to move back into the late first and grab Brian Branch if he's still on the board. We'd have another 2nd to address either DE or OG. Possibly WR but I think we can grab one in round 4, especially if we add Bijan at 11. 

Good value in 2 for Edge (Adebawore, White, Hall, FAU, Tuipulotu) and Guard (Torrence and Avila).

If we straight take Bijan at 8, I won’t be happy. We all want a trade down, I get it but I’d rather trade into the 20’s before the Bills, Bengals, Chiefs and take Gibbs and a haul of picks. I like Smith but the base is going to be more 4-3 off of personnel acquired having Smith (Stout against the run esp for his size and I like him) but having him and Ebiketie doesn’t add up to me. 

37 minutes ago, SoCalDirtyBird said:

The Bijan pick gives me a bit more anxiety that we don’t have a starting caliber LG on the roster yet. 
He wasn’t my first choice, but now that we have him I want to make sure that we’ve got the OL to maximize our investment. Still puzzled that we didn’t bring back Wilkinson

Who are your top guards available? Torrence? Avila? I've heard good things about Torrence, but admittedly don't know a ton about the guard prospects this year. 

Top needs for me, in no particular order: OG, WR, EDGE, NCB, LB.

Of those 5, I think we have the most depth at EDGE but if there's someone available at 44 they think can make an impact I'm for it.