Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Players aren't awarded on APY they are awarded on Net Present Value. The correct team was awarded him based on the highest NPV bid. If he was offered a 2 year contract he must have been asking for a 2 year contract (because the rules of the mock allow you to go up to the number of years requested but not over). So the team that was awarded him gave him the number of years he requested.  

I'm fine with it either way, just saw it came up last night and as the dude with the other offer, just wanted to make sure there was a final answer so I can bid with that info moving forward

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

he ended the season on the cowboys playoff roster, so i don't think so?

Likely a typo on my part when I pulled the data.  Each workbook has the same formulas so pretty sure it wasn't a formula error just an error on my part loading the data.

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm fine with it either way, just saw it came up last night and as the dude with the other offer, just wanted to make sure there was a final answer so I can bid with that info moving forward

Yeah we can look at this again at the end of the season to see if we need to adjust the way the system is looking at these offers.

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

The only thing I could see as being a "fix" to this is all players asking below a certain level of money should be requesting 1 year deals and not accepting anything longer. 

10 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

he ended the season on the cowboys playoff roster, so i don't think so?

Looks like he ended the season on their PS,     and was just a call up for the playoff game.    I'm guessing that's what happened.     It was the same for Austin Reiter,   and most others that ended the season on the PS.   His age was listed as 22,   so his vet min was 870k.       Same with WR Marcus Kemp,  his age is wrong cuz he was on the PS.   

56 minutes ago, Freebirdsrams said:

Is anyone else having issues with the UFA signing sheet?  I put in for a few guys last night and today their APY is changed in one box but not the other.  

I wonder if this is something that affect thee A'Shawn Robinson bid  I did yesterday cause on mine the lowest APY was like 6.6 but on free agent Bidding result the Steelers had a valid off for less the 6 a season.
Doesn't matter to me as I got the player at a price I was willing to pay but wondering how they offered less then he was asking as a valid bid on mine.

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Looks like he ended the season on their PS,     and was just a call up for the playoff game.    I'm guessing that's what happened.     It was the same for Austin Reiter,   and most others that ended the season on the PS.   His age was listed as 22,   so his vet min was 870k.       Same with WR Marcus Kemp,  his age is wrong cuz he was on the PS.   

Yeah that was it then.  Because I ran out of time to look up each player individually to verify age and exp.  Saw PS and just marked them all at a young age.  So yes that was all me.  I allow more time next year to collect the correct numbers.

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The only thing I could see as being a "fix" to this is all players asking below a certain level of money should be requesting 1 year deals and not accepting anything longer. 

Off topic but you stole Taylor Heinicke at that price.  Best FA signing!

• Like 1

Dallas Cowboys

Got them involved this last round signing two IDL that should help that defense out against the run.  Signed Dalvin Tomlinson and Poona Ford.

Signed them a field goal kicker in Eddy Pineiro - K

And added some depth at cornerback in Tremon Smith - CB

Running low on cap at this point so likely will just be signing vet min players or slightly above to fill the roster.  Will fill the rest of the major holes in the draft.  

Dallas is still shopping Tyron Smith LT if someone needs a veteran quality tackle, day two  pick but willing to take lower with additional pick or player to balance it out.  Happy to negociate to make it fair for both sides. 

• Like 1