Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

If you plan on tagging any of the following players note that it will cost you 120% of the tag value.  I forgot about this so the workbook isn't set up for this.  So we'll need to do manually if you do end up retagging these guys.

2022 TAGGED PLAYERS TEAM
0352 - Cam Robinson - LT JAC
0444 - Chris Godwin - WR TB
0589 - Dalton Schultz - TE DAL
0664 - Davante Adams - WR GB
0678 - David Njoku - TE CLE
1280 - Jessie Bates III - S CIN
1873 - Mike Gesicki - TE MIA
2009 - Orlando Brown - LT KC

0664 - Davante Adams was traded to LV from GB and received a new contract IIRC

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/davante-adams-14463/

@JetsandI

• Like 1

A couple of notes.

Veteran players with 4 or more accrued seasons don't go to waivers, they become free agents. So guys like Derek Carr, Melvin Gordon, Ryan Succoup, etc should be free agents.

Also a couple of teams used the exclusive franchise tag on Jones and Jackson. That tag costs about 45 mil for 2023 vs the 32 mil non-exclusive tag. The latter should be good enough, combined with the right to match another team's offer. 

10 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

A couple of notes.

Veteran players with 4 or more accrued seasons don't go to waivers, they become free agents. So guys like Derek Carr, Melvin Gordon, Ryan Succoup, etc should be free agents.

Also a couple of teams used the exclusive franchise tag on Jones and Jackson. That tag costs about 45 mil for 2023 vs the 32 mil non-exclusive tag. The latter should be good enough, combined with the right to match another team's offer. 

Yeah, Mike needs to redo on waiver part. AGAIN.

As for franchise tag part,  the problem with exclusive price is that we wont know the exact price until after free agency is slowing down.   Mike should not waste his time figuring out what tag price for TCMD will be set.  This 45m is coming from guesswork on the internet. 

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

A couple of notes.

Did I put those names on waiver list.  I don't see that I did.

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Did I put those names on waiver list.  I don't see that I did.

I see the issue.  I have Gordon as a rookie for some reason.  Player database that is.  I'll catch them when I can I guess but this is turning into a nightmare that I'm not ready for.  

Not my best work, but I'll tell you right now that I'm not going to look up each name as they get cut to see what their exp. number is.  All I can say is if there is a next year that I'll spend more time on the player database.

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I see the issue.  I have Gordon as a rookie for some reason.  Player database that is.  I'll catch them when I can I guess but this is turning into a nightmare that I'm not ready for.  

Not my best work, but I'll tell you right now that I'm not going to look up each name as they get cut to see what their exp. number is.  All I can say is if there is a next year that I'll spend more time on the player database.

Pretty much any veteran that was on the PS,   is going to be incorrect.    The ages are all wrong since the players weren't on the active roster.    I just released them so I didn't have to look at the salaries haha.

3 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Pretty much any veteran that was on the PS,   is going to be incorrect.    The ages are all wrong since the players weren't on the active roster.    I just released them so I didn't have to look at the salaries haha.

I'll be honest I'm so tired of looking at that player database sheet I could scream.  We might just have to live with it.