Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@Deadpulse can you help with this?

@Humble_Beast

Go to Message Inbox,

Check out your message storage (upper and right above the message image).  If 100 pct, clean it up.

Is it that case?

No, scroll further down below.  Find and click on "Enable My Messenger" on left side of the screen.

Edited by JetsandI

24 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Oh.  Try to get him back on as tagged player in Tag and Sign Tab and then go to extension tab.

Not showing up there because he is on the roster as an E-tag.

23 minutes ago, RedGold said:

If worksheet “One”.    Does Column G show as Original.  

In the extension sheet.  Make sure you change the Extension type in Column F from Standard.   To Tagged 

It shows as E-Tag and i have tried all the options in the extension sheet. 

8 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I don't think we can do this player to be named exercise.   Besides, most of us will quit right after the draft is concluded.  Pointless really.

Teams should be able to make trades after the draft if they want to. It happens in real life. The only consequences would be the 2023 cap treatment, with some of the dead money going to 2024. But there isn't much activity in free agency then so it doesn't matter much. But if say Green Bay and Las Vegas agree to a trade for Aaron Rodgers, it could happen then. 

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Alright so I have a ruling on this dead money issue.

First and foremost I want to say I understand the complaints completely. Some players are getting advantage others arent. I am on that train, as McCourty's dead money hit is like 9mil. So giving another team an advantage and other's not is not ideal. 

HOWEVER

This is a game. Yes, we try to make this as realistic as possible, we can't be 100% realistic. The way the game is designed made it impossible to work out of the red. While the teams in real life have MANY more opportunities to get their cap in order, we simply can't simulate that. So in an effort to give these GMs the same opportunities as the real life GMs within the context of the game, some dead money was removed. This is not mock changing. I think we can agree that in reality, these teams wouldve been able to find a way to get to the spot they are in now artificially. 

ULTIMATELY

This is a game, and we want people to be able to play in this game. So again, the way this game is designed, that dead money made playing the game IMPOSSIBLE. We want people to be able to play the game. Yes, we had to make adjustments. Yes, some of you may find that unrealistic. Compromises had to be made in order to make this run. We apologize some of you don't like that, but it was the best move for this mock. Better to have teams capable of getting out of the read (because removing this dead money kept them well in the red), then having the NFL be 30 teams instead of 32. Which would be more realistic? 

If you have further issues, please PM me and leave it out of thread. 

Thanks everyone for playing!

A couple of things. First at a bare minimum, you ought to say how much extra cap space Tampa was given along with any other teams given rules exemptions.

Second, it's not remotely true that it's impossible for Tampa to participate if they have to follow the same rules as everyone else. I'll be happy to run Tampa if the current GM doesn't want to do it. Undo the Jamel Dean tag and I'll take over.