Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

A couple of things. First at a bare minimum, you ought to say how much extra cap space Tampa was given along with any other teams given rules exemptions.

I thought I posted that when I did it but couldn't find it when I went back to see.  What I did was remove the dead money linked to the voided contracts.  It still had both teams in the red even after doing this so at the time I still thought it would be difficult for these teams to put themselves in a position to sign enough players to fill their roster.

In the future, I won't be doing this again.  Regardless of their cap situation.

That's on me.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Second, it's not remotely true that it's impossible for Tampa to participate if they have to follow the same rules as everyone else. I'll be happy to run Tampa if the current GM doesn't want to do it. Undo the Jamel Dean tag and I'll take over. 

This has nothing to do with the Bucs GM.  He didn't ask for the help, it's his first mock so he isn't gaming the system or anything like this.

This was all me and like I said I won't be doing this again, so no need to keep going on about it.  Is what it is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I thought I posted that when I did it but couldn't find it when I went back to see.  What I did was remove the dead money linked to the voided contracts.  It still had both teams in the red even after doing this so at the time I still thought it would be difficult for these teams to put themselves in a position to sign enough players to fill their roster.

In the future, I won't be doing this again.  Regardless of their cap situation.

That's on me.

This has nothing to do with the Bucs GM.  He didn't ask for the help, it's his first mock so he isn't gaming the system or anything like this.

This was all me and like I said I won't be doing this again, so no need to keep going on about it.  Is what it is.

Sounds like my man was just real eager to bid on Jamel Dean.

Maybe that’s the beef.

Doesn’t matter much to me. Personally I always feel like a couple restructures/extensions get done with guys who never would anyways, adding competition against my bids either way. So bring it on.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, downundermike said:
On 2/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, ny92mike said:

CHI has made a contract for 3yrs/ $39,102,000 to BUF 0613 - Dane Jackson - CB

@squire12 please confirm these contracts were made.

If so, @downundermike & @Iggles please match or decline this offer to Dane Jackson.

Both were tendered with ROFR - Original Draft Pick.

The Bills decline matching this offer

Updated contract to CHI roster.

Looking now to see if there is any draft compensation coming your way.

20 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Sounds like my man was just real eager to bid on Jamel Dean.

Maybe that’s the beef.

Doesn’t matter much to me. Personally I always feel like a couple restructures/extensions get done with guys who never would anyways, adding competition against my bids either way. So bring it on.

No, the Bengals have no interest in Dean. He's ok but not tag worthy. That's why it's a bit insulting to everyone else that not only do they get extra help with the cap but they get so much help they can use a franchise tag.

This is and should be their post-Brady hangover year. Find out if Trask is a NFL QB or not. Clear the books of some overpaid guys and get ready for their rebuild. They play in the NFCS where Trask could turn out to be the best QB in the division. Or maybe not. But they should have to eat the dead money from Brady as the Falcons did last year with Ryan or the Saints did the year after Brees retired. Instead of putting Brady on their reserve-retired list and squatting on his rights, just make him a post-June 1 cut. They'll probably have to cut a couple of overpaid players. I'd cut Donovan Smith, who can't play without holding. Move Wirfs to left tackle. Cut Jensen and play Hainsey. Jensen has part of his salary guaranteed but assuming someone else signs him, it will offset the guarantee. 

I'm dismayed by this because I assumed everyone was playing by the same rules. I'm fine with the cap strapped teams getting more restructures because that mirrors real life. But trust is an important part of this. When we make a trade, we trust the partner to confirm it rather than stringing us along. When we bid, we assume the mods aren't looking at our bids before making theirs, etc. 

We really should be told how much extra money Tampa and any other team was given and any other rules departures. 

Is anyone going to offer me anything for Shaq Griffin? A lot of you posted that you wanted CBs when you posted your trade blocks, but no one asked me.  I intend to keep him and not cut and will just let FA pass me by if need be. That said he is available for a draft pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Buffalo would match, I think.

Buffalo declined to match the contract by CHI.  

Buffalo tendered the player with Original.  (7th rounder) declining to match the contract the player is going to CHI so I'm thinking Buffalo should be awarded the 7th round pick, right?

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Buffalo tendered the player with Original.  (7th rounder) declining to match the contract the player is going to CHI so I'm thinking Buffalo should be awarded the 7th round pick, right?

Yeah you’re right. Buffalo did decline here. I don’t think irL that happens.

I was just chatting more observationally. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm dismayed by this because I assumed everyone was playing by the same rules. I'm fine with the cap strapped teams getting more restructures because that mirrors real life. But trust is an important part of this. When we make a trade, we trust the partner to confirm it rather than stringing us along. When we bid, we assume the mods aren't looking at our bids before making theirs, etc. 

We really should be told how much extra money Tampa and any other team was given and any other rules departures. 

You don't trust me?  Think I'm cheating you?

You think I spend countless hours with this just so I can look at what your bids are or who you might be bidding on? 

I haven't even had a chance to make a bid, my coGM is managing the team because this has gotten so big I don't have the time to participate the way I'd like to.  Haven't scouted a single player yet.  Really hasn't been much fun for me at all.   

You don't like the way I handled it, Okay I hear ya.  I'm not going to reverse it because it wouldn't be right at this point to reverse it.  It's done and over with.  Sorry you don't agree with the decision and if I had more time when I removed it I probably would have gone a different direction, but I was dealing with all kinds of issues and didn't have the time to spend on it.  Sorry bro. 

Hopefully next year I'll get some help early on but right now I'm not happy about a lot of things with this mock.  Clearly not my best work and its very frustrating to me as well.

Dead money linked to their voided contracts.

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

That is correct

• Like 1