2023 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not that it comes as a surprise, but we didn't pick up Queen's 5th year option today. He's probably going to have a helluva contract year so that's good for us.

Was inevitable, there's like 3 LBs in the league actually worthy of extensions with teams already paying big $ to a QB- and one is already on our roster(Roquan Smith). 

I expect PQ to have a big year and net us a strong comp pick in FA. Good player with an ascending and valuable skillset, but not worth extending for us personally. 

• Like 1

How much to get Queen? The Ravens seemingly are ready to move on and I don't imagine he'd be happy losing playing time to his eventual replacement Simpson.

I remember reading Ravens fans being super annoyed by his level of play. What's the deal with him?

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How much to get Queen? The Ravens seemingly are ready to move on and I don't imagine he'd be happy losing playing time to his eventual replacement Simpson.

I remember reading Ravens fans being super annoyed by his level of play. What's the deal with him?

TBH I don't know what it would take to get him. The Ravens like him and feel he's a good ascending player. The only reason he won't be here long term is because the Ravens have an All-Pro talent in Roquan Smith. They're really pushing for a deep run this year and probably aren't super interested in starting a Rookie at WILL, even if it is Trenton Simpson.

Queen is still really young, super athletic, and capable of making high end plays in coverage and as a pass rusher- which are two super important areas for modern ILBs to excel at. 

I don't know how to weigh the Ravens desire for PQ to contribute this year up against how much they'd value a future pick in a trade(Or the comp pick he'll net us from FA). Given LV's predicted standing in 23', I'd say a Day 2 Pick could be a a strong starting point. A high 3rd maybe or a swap of your 2nd and one of our picks, possibly something like that. The Ravens also need help at CB though, so somebody like Nate Hobbs could be involved. 

Again, it's a really hard situation to read. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

TBH I don't know what it would take to get him. The Ravens like him and feel he's a good ascending player. The only reason he won't be here long term is because the Ravens have an All-Pro talent in Roquan Smith. They're really pushing for a deep run this year and probably aren't super interested in starting a Rookie at WILL, even if it is Trenton Simpson.

Queen is still really young, super athletic, and capable of making high end plays in coverage and as a pass rusher- which are two super important areas for modern ILBs to excel at. 

I don't know how to weigh the Ravens desire for PQ to contribute this year up against how much they'd value a future pick in a trade(Or the comp pick he'll net us from FA). Given LV's predicted standing in 23', I'd say a Day 2 Pick could be a a strong starting point. A high 3rd maybe or a swap of your 2nd and one of our picks, possibly something like that. The Ravens also need help at CB though, so somebody like Nate Hobbs could be involved. 

Again, it's a really hard situation to read. 

Good info, thanks. He sounds like exactly the LB the Raiders need tbh. We have zero athleticism or NFL talent at LB barely. A 3rd+ is more than what I thought it would take tbh. I understand why Baltimore would have to keep him but I see why he would want out too.

32 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Assuming he plays well this year (which there's no indication he won't), we're looking at a 3rd rounder next year for him (maybe 4th depending on the market for ILB's), so I would have to assume it's gonna be at least that much.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Assuming he plays well this year (which there's no indication he won't), we're looking at a 3rd rounder next year for him (maybe 4th depending on the market for ILB's), so I would have to assume it's gonna be at least that much.

I proposed a 5th in our forum but I would do a 4th tbh. He's going to need a new contract which I think will hurt his value a bit. 

Someone mentioned sending Renfrow for him but with the OBJ signing + Flowers signing I have a hard time seeing Baltimore interested? 

I proposed a 5th in our forum but I would do a 4th tbh. He's going to need a new contract which I think will hurt his value a bit. 

Someone mentioned sending Renfrow for him but with the OBJ signing + Flowers signing I have a hard time seeing Baltimore interested? 

Send us a starting CB + a 4th and I think that does it.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Good info, thanks. He sounds like exactly the LB the Raiders need tbh. We have zero athleticism or NFL talent at LB barely. A 3rd+ is more than what I thought it would take tbh. I understand why Baltimore would have to keep him but I see why he would want out too.

Yea, he'd probably be a good fit in LV. I'd expect them to pursue him in FA next offseason.

I think the simplest way to look at it is that the Ravens love Smith/Queen as a duo and want to keep them together for as long as it's financially viable, plus Queen is probably good for at least a 4th Round Comp in FA. So you have them really wanting Queen in house for a run at a SB this year and the working premise that they'll receive a high comp pick for him next FA cycle. That's what you weigh the potential compensation up against.

Queen is also a big locker room guy who is close to a lot of players on the team. He's had a 3rd Round Pick behind him before in Malik Harrison, and there weren't any issues. Playing in this defense and next to Roquan lets him maximize his impact and sell himself to the other 31 teams in the best way possible. So I don't anticipate him being disgruntled or looking for a way out. 

The Ravens have traded some early round picks in recent years(Hurst, Brown Jr, Hollywood), so I won't be shocked if he gets moved. Ultimately though I don't see another club valuing him enough right before he hits FA to offer anything super enticing to Baltimore. 

Starting CB? What's that?

Hey, I like Hobbs. 🤷‍♂️

Unless someone is willing to give up a high level #2 cornerback I can't see the team thinking it's worth moving Queen a year early rather than taking the comp pick after getting the benefit of a 2023 season where he benefits both from playing next to Roquan and with contract-year motivation. 

11 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

We haven't even seen Simpson play yet. I've seen enough 3rd round picks do absolutely nothing, I'm not going to bank on Simpson being able to contribute anything at this point. 

We're not bringing back Queen no matter what, unless you seriously think we're going to tie up $20M/year in Roquan + another like $15M/year with Queen at ILB in today's NFL???

It's not happening. He's gone.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We're not bringing back Queen no matter what, unless you seriously think we're going to tie up $20M/year in Roquan + another like $15M/year with Queen at ILB in today's NFL???

It's not happening. He's gone.

I don't see Queen making that kind of $ on the open market. 

If Simpson disappoints or gets injured, we could absolutely resign Queen to a moderate contract in 2024.