NEW ERA MOCK

squire12

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I take it Rodgers retires? I see that as very unlikely after his comments.

We'll see what the combine brings, right now I feel like that's a big overdraft on both first rounders, unless they're athletic studs. Foskey is a Rd 2 guy and Rice a 2-3 guy.

That offense is brutal, defense has had it's turn, outside of a Rd 1 edge, the draft needs more offense. OL needs some guys, more TEs and a RB heir to take over after Jones leaves next offseason.

This was my first reaction. Pre combine of course, so those could change. I do have Rice as a clear mid-second rounder, and I think Foskey goes maybe late 20s/early second.

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I take it Rodgers retires? I see that as very unlikely after his comments.

We'll see what the combine brings, right now I feel like that's a big overdraft on both first rounders, unless they're athletic studs. Foskey is a Rd 2 guy and Rice a 2-3 guy.

That offense is brutal, defense has had it's turn, outside of a Rd 1 edge, the draft needs more offense. OL needs some guys, more TEs and a RB heir to take over after Jones leaves next offseason.

OL room of.....

Tom - Jenkins - Myers - Runyan- Nijman 

Walker, McClendon, Ryan, Newman

WR room is down Lazard and Cobb.  

Watson, Doubs, Toure, Melton, Rice, Jarrett... is young, but the process is to let Love grow with the group.  If there were cap space available,  adding a vet or keeping Lazard might be an option. 

TE room is Hurst, Strange.  It's light, but a blocking UDFA or cheap vet is an option.

Would like an RB as a replacement for Jones in 2024, but I feel RB is an easier position to add via draft or FA and get more immediate return on investment.   Taylor and Goodson are serviceable 3's and UDFA options can be added.

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

OL room of.....

Watson, Doubs, Toure, Melton, Rice, Jarrett... is young, but the process is to let Love grow with the group.  If there were cap space available,  adding a vet or keeping Lazard might be an option. 

TE room is Hurst, Strange.  It's light, but a blocking UDFA or cheap vet is an option.

Would like an RB as a replacement for Jones in 2024, but I feel RB is an easier position to add via draft or FA and get more immediate return on investment.   Taylor and Goodson are serviceable 3's and UDFA options can be added.

Just think you're asking a lot of Jordan Love to show you that he deserves that long-term deal giving him that OL/WR/TE room. 

If Rodgers left it's the first time since he started, and maybe like the 2nd time since 1992 where going into a season "SB contention" is not the priority, therefore I think you can look at Rudy Ford/Savage and maybe moving Rasul out there to S and say "good enough." Really take that approach with most of the defense as a whole, though I do love this EDGE class so taking one at 15 isn't something I'm against.

My focus would be, get some skill guys around Love so we can properly evaluate him. I'm leaning towards keeping Bakh for this reason too. Though if we were tossed a 1st, I'd say that's fair compensation.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Just think you're asking a lot of Jordan Love to show you that he deserves that long-term deal giving him that OL/WR/TE room. 

How much different is that compared to what was out there in early 2022?

Removing Lazard, Cobb, Tonyan, Lewis

Adding Hurst, 2WR via draft and 1 TE via draft.  

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Rodgers left it's the first time since he started, and maybe like the 2nd time since 1992 where going into a season "SB contention" is not the priority, therefore I think you can look at Rudy Ford/Savage and maybe moving Rasul out there to S and say "good enough." Really take that approach with most of the defense as a whole, though I do love this EDGE class so taking one at 15 isn't something I'm against.

My focus would be, get some skill guys around Love so we can properly evaluate him. I'm leaning towards keeping Bakh for this reason too. Though if we were tossed a 1st, I'd say that's fair compensation.

Where does the money come from to add/ keep skill players?  Unless you are adding a WR at pick 15

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

How much different is that compared to what was out there in early 2022?

Removing Lazard, Cobb, Tonyan, Lewis

Adding Hurst, 2WR via draft and 1 TE via draft.  

Where does the money come from to add/ keep skill players?  Unless you are adding a WR at pick 15

It's slightly worse than an already bad group. If you're going to add a 1st round WR and have two picks, I think you pull the trigger at 15 if Johnson or Addison are there. At 29 this deep EDGE class will provide you with a better player than Rice is at WR. Hell Foskey may be there.

I wouldn't leave day 2 without a TE, so with losing our 3rd I'd be looking to move back or just taking someone like Washington or Kraft at 45. TE market in FA is much stronger than WR, with Gesicki, Engram, Schultz, and some younger flyers like Irv Smith, Moreau, Josh Oliver. Just not a big Hurst guy, wouldn't want him leading that room, would rather swing for a bigger name guy with a low year 1 hit and back load the rest.

I'd be taking 1-2 more OL too if Bakh is gone. Keep stacking that room.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I wouldn't leave day 2 without a TE, so with losing our 3rd I'd be looking to move back or just taking someone like Washington or Kraft at 45. TE market in FA is much stronger than WR, with Gesicki, Engram, Schultz, and some younger flyers like Irv Smith, Moreau, Josh Oliver. Just not a big Hurst guy, wouldn't want him leading that room, would rather swing for a bigger name guy with a low year 1 hit and back load the rest.

How do you feel about Moreau and Oliver?

Darned near every time I've seen a Raiders game...Moreau makes a play.  Seems like he could be a good one to pick up that still has upside.

I watched a little of the Ravens/Bengals game.  And Oliver made a couple plays, too.  

Just curious as to your thoughts on those two.  I know what the other "names" are.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How do you feel about Moreau and Oliver?

Darned near every time I've seen a Raiders game...Moreau makes a play.  Seems like he could be a good one to pick up that still has upside.

I watched a little of the Ravens/Bengals game.  And Oliver made a couple plays, too.  

Just curious as to your thoughts on those two.  I know what the other "names" are.

I don't like paying guarantees for potential, as long as they'd be willing to take deals with incentives rather than guarantees, I think either could at worst mimic the production from Tonyan, with potential to be a lot more.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's slightly worse than an already bad group. If you're going to add a 1st round WR and have two picks, I think you pull the trigger at 15 if Johnson or Addison are there. At 29 this deep EDGE class will provide you with a better player than Rice is at WR. Hell Foskey may be there.

I'm not sure a full change in draft philosophy would happen with a WR that high.  I like those WR options, just not sure Addison or JSN would fit the GB mold.  Johnston would.

I wouldn't leave day 2 without a TE, so with losing our 3rd I'd be looking to move back or just taking someone like Washington or Kraft at 45.

I do like Kraft at TE, thought the need for safety outweighed TE with Hurst added in FA

TE market in FA is much stronger than WR, with Gesicki, Engram, Schultz,

Don't see the money being realistic for these, maybe Gesicki, but I don't think he is worth it.

and some younger flyers like Irv Smith, Moreau, Josh Oliver. Just not a big Hurst guy, wouldn't want him leading that room, would rather swing for a bigger name guy with a low year 1 hit and back load the rest.

Fair enough.  

I'd be taking 1-2 more OL too if Bakh is gone. Keep stacking that room.

Added at OT in the 4th.

I see your points.  All are valid.  

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't like paying guarantees for potential, as long as they'd be willing to take deals with incentives rather than guarantees, I think either could at worst mimic the production from Tonyan, with potential to be a lot more.

Moreau seems to be the type that would get paid pretty big this offseason. I see something ridiculous like 4 years, $36m from a cap-rich team that sees that potential. 

I actually really like Hurst (had him in my mock too) but mostly because he projects to be cheap, sign for a short term and he can be the stable veteran in a room that I hope will have a couple of 2023 draftees in it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, squire12 said:

OL room of.....

I despise that OL room. I don't know why. 

I'm not convinced Tom will ever have any drive skills. 

I'm so down on Jenkins after that Lions game. 

Myers needs to figure his **** out.

Runyan is just not it. He needed to step up this year and just didn't. He's a limiting factor in this offense if we're going to be this run heavy. 

I'm still not sold on Nijman. It's probably draft position bias, but man I don't love this. 

• Like 2